GDT: Game 30 - Coyotes @ Hawks - 6 PM WGN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Maybe Kane is tired of again being forced to play with lesser talent because our captain needed a safety blanket and is again failing miserably to carry a line

At this point the Panarin trade sure looks like a mistake

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
/\ LOL ... yeah like Kane's disinterest and lazy play is partially Toew's fault. Rich.

However, as for that trade, I can now see why Torts wasn't particularly enamored with Saad on his team.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
The team is being fixed as we are experiencing it this season. Forsling, Forsberg, Hartman, Hino, Rutta, Schmaltz, D-Cat and Hayden are all being developed. Boams and Osterle and Wingels were brought in on the cheap. All this to help compensate for the decline of the big $ guys. And in the Rock some good guys are being developed. Murphy was brought in too. Many moves of cheap guys under the radar are now here and are young and ere developing. The team is growing for the future from a roster perspective rather well given the Cap situation. The front Office and the coach is not responsible for the natural decline of the old core nor for the Cap limitations --- they can simply adapt and the FO has adapted quite well. it takes time. The coaching needs a change --- and I suspect that is forthcoming. The growth back is underway. In this transition year we watch and hope for the youth to really develop --- and maybe make the playoffs along the way.
they, the coach nor the FO is not responsible ..... the hawks hasn't made the playoff in how many yrs, the main prospects are how many yrs away, do you think the team will make the plaoff this yr??

if it is not the org fault, but who sign the players to those big unmovable contracts. the team got extremely lucky in finding players to step in, b/c the system is not ready to replace them again i ask you keep saying that the FO is not to be blame ??

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
/\ LOL ... yeah like Kane's disinterest and lazy play is partially Toew's fault. Rich.

However, as for that trade, I can now see why Torts wasn't particularly enamored with Saad on his team.

It is fact that Kane is obligated to carry lesser talent often because Hawks need to try and prop up Toews

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I see Toews defenders starting to go after Kane

Kane unlike Toews even when struggling contributes to team and has been more then worth his deal since ink dried

I will take a half interested Kane over whatever the hell Toews has been for last 2+ years
i will say that both are to be blamed. blaming one, Toews only doesn't cut it for me.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Kane carrying lesser talent? AA and Schmaltz are legit top 6 talents. Nice try...actually it is a brutal stretch.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
It is fact that Kane is obligated to carry lesser talent often because Hawks need to try and prop up Toews
Kane gets easier minutes. Why put someone with high end skill to the left of Kane when we all know he can manage just fine with middle 6 guys like Kris Versteeg.

If Kane's getting a ton of defensive zone starts and has to play against the likes of Kopitar, Crosby, and Bergeron, then by all means, get Kane some talent.

And Schmaltz is actually one of the more talented players on the roster. He's on pace for 50(+)pts if he were to play a full 82 games this season (he's missed a few already, so that number will be a bit less).

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
they, the coach nor the FO is not responsible ..... the hawks hasn't made the playoff in how many yrs, the main prospects are how many yrs away, do you think the team will make the plaoff this yr??

if it is not the org fault, but who sign the players to those big unmovable contracts. the team got extremely lucky in finding players to step in, b/c the system is not ready to replace them again i ask you keep saying that the FO is not to be blame ??

you seem to be missing my point. There is no one to blame. The situation was inevitable because that is how the Cap system works. The team cannot --- no team will ever in the Cap era --- ever have 6,7,8 consecutive years atop (or near the top of the league. No team. That the Hawks had a 5 year run at or near the top of the league is really impressive. then NATURALLY and INEVITABLY --- the cap system kicks in and there is NO WAY OTHER THAN TO STRUGGLE for a few years before a team can reload. We are in the third year of such. No blame is to be affixed to anyone. NO GM could keep a team 7-8 years at or near the top. Nor could any coach. Bowman has done a very nice job given the circumstances (perfect no --- but really well done). Q has been an issue. But not so much so as to be "blamed."

The Hawks are rebuilding.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
you seem to be missing my point. There is no one to blame. The situation was inevitable because that is how the Cap system works. The team cannot --- no team will ever in the Cap era --- ever have 6,7,8 consecutive years atop (or near the top of the league. No team. That the Hawks had a 5 year run at or near the top of the league is really impressive. then NATURALLY and INEVITABLY --- the cap system kicks in and there is NO WAY OTHER THAN TO STRUGGLE for a few years before a team can reload. We are in the third year of such. No blame is to be affixed to anyone. NO GM could keep a team 7-8 years at or near the top. Nor could any coach. Bowman has done a very nice job given the circumstances (perfect no --- but really well done). Q has been an issue. But not so much so as to be "blamed."

The Hawks are rebuilding .

i am done, you will keep going in circles trying to divert the obvious, the GM who is responsible of the team and the team future was caught unaware. plus his screw ups with several key players has help the decline of the team.

the hawks are rebuilding, it is funny, only you seems to think they are rebuilding. most will think they are retooling, it is this retooling that the hawks should have been doing all along.

even if you want to say it is a rebuild, who offered these contracts, not Q.......

i am done with your narrative.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

The Hawks are rebuilding.

So who is putting a gun to Q's head nightly to scribe 7 on the official roster instead of a player sitting in the press box that is 3 times better than 7 is?

My guess is that 7 cost the Hawks at least 6 points in the standings cause q can't see that he is absolutely dreadful and oppositions are gitty with joy when they see 7 on the lineup card

Who is to blame for professional NHL players not being able to complete the majority of passes to teammates?

Who is responsible to motivate the team to play to the best of their abilities and give 100% effort nightly?

You make it should as if the Lord mighty himself has outlined the path the Hawks must\will take and nobody on the Hawks should try to divert from that and God forbid try to improve and Ice the best possible roster on a nightly basis.

Why is it that you don't think it's possible that poor coaching has a bearing on the product on the ice?

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
i am done, you will keep going in circles trying to divert the obvious, the GM who is responsible of the team and the team future was caught unaware. plus his screw ups with several key players has help the decline of the team.

the hawks are rebuilding, it is funny, only you seems to think they are rebuilding. most will think they are retooling, it is this retooling that the hawks should have been doing all along.

even if you want to say it is a rebuild, who offered these contracts, not Q.......

i am done with your narrative.

Rebuilding, retooling --- semantics. And no... many people --- not just me --- realize that the team is rebuilding and many also realize that this is the natural and inevitable reality in the Cap era. Your frustration with the team is overwhelmingly the result of your unrealistic expectations --- that will not be met --- because they essentially cannot be met.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
7 has been completely fine, and better than any option sitting on the bench lately. Yes, he had a terrible run of games there for a while, but lately, with Murphy, he has been solid. Not 7ml solid, but better than any other option we have solid.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I just still find the notion that this team will do a 180 merely because of a coaching change to be pretty laughable. The vets have a pedigree to make one think that they should be motivated regardless of other factors and the rookies have mostly looked like they're busting their butts physically or making some mental errors that need to be ironed out with experience on the big level, neither of which I think can be pointed out as on Q. Line decisions obviously could be more ideal, and that you can point at Q, but you can't just blame Q for Toews having issues (that being said, he still is #3 in points on the team), Keith getting older, Seabrook needing sheltered minutes, Hossa being gone, and Kane not being as productive as we'd hope he would be.

Maybe new blood is needed, and as we all know all coaches have a shelf life, but the idea that the Hawks w/ Q = doomed but the Hawks w/ almost anyone else = contenders again just seems like a grass is greener on the other side mentality.

And to be frank, has anyone honestly heard about any player issue with Q? We tend to hear at least rumors allegedly claiming one thing or another that are impossible to prove or disprove, but we haven't really heard anything about players suddenly not liking Q en masse as one would expect if he truly lost the room. That's always just been fan speculation based on no real evidence other than a hope that there's an explanation for why the team **** the bed against the Preds or why they're so disjointed at times this season.

A coach who had outstayed his welcome made Sidney Crosby look like he was a washed up nobody for almost an entire season... Think about that for a minute.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
So who is putting a gun to Q's head nightly to scribe 7 on the official roster instead of a player sitting in the press box that is 3 times better than 7 is?

My guess is that 7 cost the Hawks at least 6 points in the standings cause q can't see that he is absolutely dreadful and oppositions are gitty with joy when they see 7 on the lineup card

Who is to blame for professional NHL players not being able to complete the majority of passes to teammates?

Who is responsible to motivate the team to play to the best of their abilities and give 100% effort nightly?

You make it should as if the Lord mighty himself has outlined the path the Hawks must\will take and nobody on the Hawks should try to divert from that and God forbid try to improve and Ice the best possible roster on a nightly basis.

Why is it that you don't think it's possible that poor coaching has a bearing on the product on the ice?

Oh... I have advocated a coaching change many times and poor coaching has been pointed out by me many times. So, I agree the coaching is an issue. That is why a change should be made. i have posted that a dozen or more times. That said, the coaching has hurt --- but the natural decline of age-ravaged past stars is something that happens to all players. The hawks have several such players. poor coaching or good coaching that is a reality.

And the people responsible for making passes are the players. Diminished skill plays a role there. Who is responsbiole to motivate the team? the players and the coaches.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
A coach who had outstayed his welcome made Sidney Crosby look like he was a washed up nobody for almost an entire season... Think about that for a minute.

The only time Crosby looked washed up was when he was still suffering from a concussion. It's also nonsensical as they went from having not reliable goaltending to actually reliable goaltending. That was the biggest factor for the turnaround. And comparing Bylsma with Q is a bit off as well, as Bylsma's always been considered to be a mediocre at best coach whereas Q has a proven track record and has recently had exceptional coaching experience with us.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
7 has been completely fine, and better than any option sitting on the bench lately. Yes, he had a terrible run of games there for a while, but lately, with Murphy, he has been solid. Not 7ml solid, but better than any other option we have solid.

What do you mean by lately?
The first 20+ games he did not deserve to be on an NHL or ahl roster but yet q trotted him out there for 20+ mins

But that is just cause q is a good judge of talent. Hes fine q says. Lol

Coaching stinks make a change already, might make a positive difference. Can't get any worse coaching than they have now

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I have no problem changing the coach if we aren't successful this year, because a change will be needed, and it's best to start there and Q has been the longest tenured head coach in the league, so it's just a matter of time anyway. But to diminish anything he is done, or compare him to Bylsma is just plain dumb.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
What do you mean by lately?
The first 20+ games he did not deserve to be on an NHL or ahl roster but yet q trotted him out there for 20+ mins

But that is just cause q is a good judge of talent. Hes fine q says. Lol

Coaching stinks make a change already, might make a positive difference. Can't get any worse coaching than they have now
Lately as in, the last 10 or so games.

Seabrook has been a pros pro his entire career, is one of the biggest leaders on the team. There isn't a single coach out there that would treat the Seabrook situation any different, outside of maybe giving him time off here or there. Q decided to trim his ice time back for the first time in forever, and it has simplified his game, and he looks better because of it. Q isn't going to throw him under the bus, like other coaches with short shelf lives would do.

And yes, you can absolutely get worse coaching than we have now. The grass isn't always greener.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Lately as in, the last 10 or so games.

Seabrook has been a pros pro his entire career, is one of the biggest leaders on the team. There isn't a single coach out there that would treat the Seabrook situation any different, outside of maybe giving him time off here or there. Q decided to trim his ice time back for the first time in forever, and it has simplified his game, and he looks better because of it. Q isn't going to throw him under the bus, like other coaches with short shelf lives would do.

And yes, you can absolutely get worse coaching than we have now. The grass isn't always greener.

Q missed the boat by 20 games with as you say trimming his ice time back.

I will take my chances that the grass is greener, seems to me q's messages fall on deaf ears

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Oh... I have advocated a coaching change many times and poor coaching has been pointed out by me many times. So, I agree the coaching is an issue. That is why a change should be made. i have posted that a dozen or more times. That said, the coaching has hurt --- but the natural decline of age-ravaged past stars is something that happens to all players. The hawks have several such players. poor coaching or good coaching that is a reality.

And the people responsible for making passes are the players. Diminished skill plays a role there. Who is responsbiole to motivate the team? the players and the coaches.

So are you saying that diminished skills and passing abilities are all on the players and coaching staff can t or shouldn't try to work the players through that and "coach" them to improve?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
LOL

If Q sits Bowman's 7M mistake for a long stretch he would be fired and replaced with a Bowman crony ASAP

Sitting Seabrook in press box is going to be embarrassing for Stanley and he will no doubt try to blame Q for his miserable failure

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
LOL

If Q sits Bowman's 7M mistake for a long stretch he would be fired and replaced with a Bowman crony ASAP

Sitting Seabrook in press box is going to be embarrassing for Stanley and he will no doubt try to blame Q for his miserable failure

We can only hope your scenario plays out and soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad