GDT: Game 30 | Columbus vs. Arizona | 12/9 7PM

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
We're in first place and we're *****ing about how our team is playing. We've come a long way!

I knew someday this day would come. :)

Ha ha ha, it has been a long time coming, but you are right. I am thankful that our Front office has shown discretion in not paying a kings ransom to purchase talent. Our forwards need to have some closed door meetings, our PP is a liability.. just think if they could begin to score at 25% this club would truly be a bitch to play against eh?

Bottom line is we can do better.

Last edited:

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
The team is winning ugly on the back of a goalie that has played the last few seasons out of his friggin mind. Do you think Bob is a 2 time Vezina trophy winner because his team has played great in front of him? He has carried this team and we will only go as as far as his stamina and mental acuity can take us. The hope is that some of the fowards stop gripping the stick so frickin hard and begin to develop some sustainable offense. Wenny, Bjork, Jenner, but more importantly Cam, Foligno, Dubi are shells of their past performance. They are not building on their output they are in crisis mode.

How far can they go? It really depends on how offensive minded we can get from the blueline, without paying the price in the back end. If we constantly pinch to support the lack of offense can Bob continue to erase these breakdowns that allow higher probabilities of being scored against. So far so good. Then look & ask yourself when we get in the playoffs and things take off at a frenetic pace, will we maintain our composure and be able to hang with teams whose scorers really put the pressure on? It has been done before, but I am not sure that we are those teams. I would say that we are nearing a point in time where some of these guys that are holding on too tight are going to cleared out for players that can provide some scoring punch. When that happens a lot of what could have been likely will not be because we were counting not just Wenny being a little better, but on Dubi planying like he did two years ago not he shell that he has become.

Getting better starts by scoring more rebounds. What is the first line doing that the others are not? Two things, crashing the net & shooting the puck. I would tell Jenns and figs and Dub's.. if you cannot carry the puck and stick handle for the shot, get your ass between the dots and screen - take up space make the defenders work and I would have Atkinson, Calvert, Milano and Bjork take every shot they see, and everyone they don't. Put the rubber on net and we will start getting some gritty goals - otherwise wear some extra padding because you are still going to the net and Jones and Savard and Johnson & Murray are going to be green lighted to gain the zone and blast away from the point. Z and Nutti already have the green light to shoot at will. I recognized a long time ago that the emphasis to score is going to go more towards the blue line, simply because the forwards are being shut down.

Things changed a little bit wih Bread Luc and Andy. they have caught a little bit of chemistry. Luc is playing great up the middle, Josh is learning how to use all his tools, and Bread is the best skilled player we have ever had. As the team begins to look and act more on his feeds he is going to become more of a magician out there.

212d4e4efb4ec52750bbb17e9638fb77.gif

Reactions: Johansen2Foligno

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
The preceding post is another example of just how out of touch Old Guy is. I have no idea what that is meant to express. A cup of Starbucks says even if it were explained to me, I still wouldn't understand.

<please.......no.........don't explain it>

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I had a family get together last night. Was not an exciting game to watch....but...2 points

set DVR and watched replay today...one of Seth Jones best games, He was flying getting

to loose pucks
while most of the Jackets and dead leg syndrome. Vezina Bob was incredible again.

PK is offsetting our complete lack of a PP.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
We're in first place and we're *****ing about how our team is playing. We've come a long way!

The boards were more fun when Jackets weren't good. Of course, we're in Central Ohio and there's a 100+ year precedent that a team from Columbus must win all of their games in blowout fashion.

In more oddness:
December 2016 CBJ fans "We are unbeatable." Ryan Lambert "CBJ are mediocre team."
December 2017 CBJ fans "We suck this year." Ryan Lambert "CBJ are trending towards a Top 5 team in the league"

Puck Daddy Bag of Mail: Blue Jackets, Seattle expansion and one rule NHL should adopt

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The boards were more fun when Jackets weren't good. Of course, we're in Central Ohio and there's a 100+ year precedent that a team from Columbus must win all of their games in blowout fashion.

In more oddness:
December 2016 CBJ fans "We are unbeatable." Ryan Lambert "CBJ are mediocre team."
December 2017 CBJ fans "We suck this year." Ryan Lambert "CBJ are trending towards a Top 5 team in the league"

Puck Daddy Bag of Mail: Blue Jackets, Seattle expansion and one rule NHL should adopt
Wait. Wait. Lambert is saying good things about the Jackets?

NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE

Reactions: BobVEZINAsky 110

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Rants and Faux Outrage about understanding our culture and the state of our world-nation is the domain in which I live.

Welcome Viqsi!

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Wait. Wait. Lambert is saying good things about the Jackets?

NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE

I don't care what he says ever. He didn't make sense in this answer either. I picked this part out of his answer:

"That’s all good, especially for a team with a lot of young talent, but people thought they were a top-5 team in the league, which they very obviously were not unless you were, again, a fanboy."

Didn't the CBJ finish with 108 points which was good for 4th overall in the league last season? I guess even though they did, they still were not a top five team in the league :shakehead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad