CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015

lmbo

I don't know why, but it also kind of reminds me of this gif

212d4e4efb4ec52750bbb17e9638fb77.gif

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
saw the goal and then the last 3 minutes, in between had an awesome steak dinner at Clayton's in O'Fallon MO. I cannot believe they don't show Jacket games ha ha.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Back to ugly wins. Good night for the CBJ in the standings. I don't care that Tort's doesn't want to talk about the standings, he doesn't want to talk about the PP either.
How soon until we are at "what you see is what you get"? Something has to regress to mean and I'm hoping that means more offense versus more losses...Would like to believe our forwards have at least a little more to give

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
How soon until we are at "what you see is what you get"? Something has to regress to mean and I'm hoping that means more offense versus more losses...Would like to believe our forwards have at least a little more to give

I said this a few games back in the GDT. I am hopeful that the other forwards are going to get going. But how long are they going to keep going on winning these scoreless games. How long are Foligno, Cam, Bjorkstrand, Wennberg and to a lesser extend the secondary scorers going to start putting some points on the board. I'd hate to accept that this is who they are but at the 30 game mark it is who they are. It frightening how many games they have won playing like this but here they are. But reality is this isn't going to cut it. They have to be more balanced offensively and have to improve that PP.

Reactions: Lumbus

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Did he even play? Didn’t notice him once

Seriously. Something has to give with Wenny. It’s getting to the point where it’s inexcusable.

2 points in his last 12 games.
4 shots on goal in his last 5 games.
43 percent in faceoffs this season.

It’s to the point where, he could be part of a package to acquire a center that’s actually capable of performing up to expectations.. a center that can win faceoffs and produce points nightly.

I’m over Wennberg.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I am convinced you guys literally enjoyed it more when this team was terrible.

Who said the team is terrible. You might not like some of the normal rhetoric that goes on in here but there are things that must be improved on if they want to make the playoffs. They are five points from being out of a playoff spot and they aren't going to keep winning scoring 1 or 2 goals a game. Do you not see anything that might have you a bit concerned about the lack of scoring on this team outside of the first line? Do you not see the defensive breakdowns, the odd man rushes and all the breakaways they have been giving up? Do you not have any concerns with the 9% PP? I don't think anyone is out of line asking these questions.

Lumbus

Nov 25, 2016
Who said the team is terrible. You might not like some of the normal rhetoric that goes on in here but there are things that must be improved on if they want to make the playoffs. They are five points from being out of a playoff spot and they aren't going to keep winning scoring 1 or 2 goals a game. Do you not see anything that might have you a bit concerned about the lack of scoring on this team outside of the first line? Do you not see the defensive breakdowns, the odd man rushes and all the breakaways they have been giving up? Do you not have any concerns with the 9% PP? I don't think anyone is out of line asking these questions.

Great reply. We could easily be on the playoff bubble if over the next 20-30 games our fortunes reverse a bit, like not going 7-1 in OT, Bob slips a little bit, 5 v 5 play worsens, etc... the Metro is a very tough division (remember when we all wanted CBJ to get out of the really tough western conference? Lol)

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
It would be awesome if the CBJ were ranked #1 in every team category, however, I'm ok with them winning 2 out of every 3 games and being close to if not the division leader, like they have over the last 100+ games. Especially with the extreme parity in the league.

Last year we were supposedly "lucky" to be winning because the PP was so good. This year we are "lucky" to be winning because or PP is so bad. So which is it?

Or is this team not lucky to be winning, and is simply good?

There is nothing "wrong" with this team, on offense, on defense, or in net.

There is nothing "wrong" with this team, in terms of toughness, leadership, experience, chemistry or SKILL.

Reactions: goalie311

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
It would be awesome if the CBJ were ranked #1 in every team category, however, I'm ok with them winning 2 out of every 3 games and being close to if not the division leader, like they have over the last 100+ games. Especially with the extreme parity in the league.

Last year we were supposedly "lucky" to be winning because the PP was so good. This year we are "lucky" to be winning because or PP is so bad. So which is it?

Or is this team not lucky to be winning, and is simply good?

There is nothing "wrong" with this team, on offense, on defense, or in net.

There is nothing "wrong" with this team, in terms of toughness, leadership, experience, chemistry or SKILL.

Both?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Great reply. We could easily be on the playoff bubble if over the next 20-30 games our fortunes reverse a bit, like not going 7-1 in OT, Bob slips a little bit, 5 v 5 play worsens, etc... the Metro is a very tough division (remember when we all wanted CBJ to get out of the really tough western conference? Lol)

The implication being that only the negative is unsustainable. If we apply last season's logic (the stellar PP can't possibly last!) to this season, it would be "the horrible PP can't possibly last!" Instead, there are many who have chosen the negative in both scenarios.

Last edited:
Reactions: eljefe72 and Viqsi

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio

The team is winning ugly on the back of a goalie that has played the last few seasons out of his friggin mind. Do you think Bob is a 2 time Vezina trophy winner because his team has played great in front of him? He has carried this team and we will only go as as far as his stamina and mental acuity can take us. The hope is that some of the fowards stop gripping the stick so frickin hard and begin to develop some sustainable offense. Wenny, Bjork, Jenner, but more importantly Cam, Foligno, Dubi are shells of their past performance. They are not building on their output they are in crisis mode.

How far can they go? It really depends on how offensive minded we can get from the blueline, without paying the price in the back end. If we constantly pinch to support the lack of offense can Bob continue to erase these breakdowns that allow higher probabilities of being scored against. So far so good. Then look & ask yourself when we get in the playoffs and things take off at a frenetic pace, will we maintain our composure and be able to hang with teams whose scorers really put the pressure on? It has been done before, but I am not sure that we are those teams. I would say that we are nearing a point in time where some of these guys that are holding on too tight are going to cleared out for players that can provide some scoring punch. When that happens a lot of what could have been likely will not be because we were counting not just Wenny being a little better, but on Dubi planying like he did two years ago not he shell that he has become.

Getting better starts by scoring more rebounds. What is the first line doing that the others are not? Two things, crashing the net & shooting the puck. I would tell Jenns and figs and Dub's.. if you cannot carry the puck and stick handle for the shot, get your ass between the dots and screen - take up space make the defenders work and I would have Atkinson, Calvert, Milano and Bjork take every shot they see, and everyone they don't. Put the rubber on net and we will start getting some gritty goals - otherwise wear some extra padding because you are still going to the net and Jones and Savard and Johnson & Murray are going to be green lighted to gain the zone and blast away from the point. Z and Nutti already have the green light to shoot at will. I recognized a long time ago that the emphasis to score is going to go more towards the blue line, simply because the forwards are being shut down.

Things changed a little bit wih Bread Luc and Andy. they have caught a little bit of chemistry. Luc is playing great up the middle, Josh is learning how to use all his tools, and Bread is the best skilled player we have ever had. As the team begins to look and act more on his feeds he is going to become more of a magician out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad