GDT: Game 3: Carolina @ Winnipeg, 7pm

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
Fine, do any of that stuff, I was more interested in what Zykov could bring to the lineup, it wasn't an attempt to bash Kuokkanen if that is what is bugging you.

I'm not even here to argue with somebody that only has 3 likes. :D

I dont disagree with your assessment of what he could bring. At all. Just don't see removing Kuokks as the resulting action.

and yeah lol thats what happens when you mostly just lurk anymore and dont say much

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Yeah, I was fine with him on the roster for opening night, but that was before Kuokkanen took a spot. I thought he was actually, you know, going to play some games and not just sit around. It’s becoming more ridiculous the longer they don’t put him in unless they’re intending on sending him to Charlotte given the longer season

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
Extraliga's season goes into the beginning of March, so I doubt the Hurricanes actually plan to ride out their season and then stash Necas in Charlotte. it's a strange decision, but I hope they're using this time to prepare him for development outside of the NHL this season. otherwise what would be the point?

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Am I correct in assuming that Necas has 10 games that he actually has to play in that count or does every game he's in the press box count towards the 10? I really think they should play him, and quite frankly, I think Gauthier should be brought up to get a look

Games played, as in dressed and on the bench.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
I have to admit, I'm a bit of a hockey sadist in the sense that one of my favorite parts about this site is reading the opposing teams GDTs when my Jets win and laughing my ass off. Thats never been the case with Canes fans - its moreso the all the Canadian teams I grew up hating.

HF Canes has really taken that sadistic joy away from me because you all have a really cool community here. I don't think I could ever be a true hockey polygamist and cheer for two teams equally at the same time. On the other hand, polygamy is the crime that is its own punishment (I sentence you to 10 more wives! Good luck with that). So I'm adopting you as my number two. Go Canes Go.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
I have to admit, I'm a bit of a hockey sadist in the sense that one of my favorite parts about this site is reading the opposing teams GDTs when my Jets win and laughing my ass off. Thats never been the case with Canes fans - its moreso the all the Canadian teams I grew up hating.

HF Canes has really taken that sadistic joy away from me because you all have a really cool community here. I don't think I could ever be a true hockey polygamist and cheer for two teams equally at the same time. On the other hand, polygamy is the crime that is its own punishment (I sentence you to 10 more wives! Good luck with that). So I'm adopting you as my number two. Go Canes Go.
Our team is sadistic to us
I hope you know that

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

Going to the Montreal board after they lose is always a treat. Hell, I'll occasionally do it after they lose to other teams even if I didn't watch the game. You can mine enough salt to pay an entire Roman lego Jon.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC

Have you lost your goddannrd mind? I can assure you that you've already signed up for more than enough disappointment with Paul Maurice. You really don't need any more on your plate.

Thanks for the props, but run. Run while you can. Save yourself.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Our team is sadistic to us
I hope you know that

Going to the Montreal board after they lose is always a treat. Hell, I'll occasionally do it after they lose to other teams even if I didn't watch the game. You can mine enough salt to pay an entire Roman lego Jon.

Have you lost your goddannrd mind? I can assure you that you've already signed up for more than enough disappointment with Paul Maurice. You really don't need any more on your plate.

Thanks for the props, but run. Run while you can. Save yourself.

Fair points fellas. Although, misery loves company and cheering for two teams doubles my chances of reading other team's whiney PGTs on the rare nights we win. Plus, my name is Blue Shakehead and its not because the Jets are good. Worst case, I walk out of here with like 12 trillion likes.

f***ing Canes!! :shakehead

Stormie

Jan 8, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Losing teams tend to increase happiness actually.

If the canes win, fans happy stat rises +3 due to its low likelihood. While a winning team's fans happiness would increase a ho-hum +1.

If a winning team loses however, the world is collapsing and they are feeling like a -3. Canes fans are used to this and drop a mere -1.

Considering we'll probably be just a few points from the playoffs this year, this place is going to be happier than ever.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014

So the Jets are the ones you married to birth your children and cook and clean and we're the hot wife you take out on the town? Sounds like we got the better end of the bargain!

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Games played, as in dressed and on the bench.

Fun fact. Actually, that's not enough. It means skates on ice with the clock running. If a guy is dressed and never steps on the ice for a shift, he does *not* get a game played. I just learned this a few seasons ago when it happened to one of the last active goons, I forget who, exactly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad