GDT: Game #3 | Blues @ Islanders | "Back to Basics"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasparov

May 29, 2013
Hello ladies & gents, just curious as to how Dunn has been looking?

I thought he's looked quite good all things considered. There was a REALLY good pinch in the NYI game that made me move closer to the edge of my seat. Something simple like that in literally his 3rd game in the Bigs shows me that there is more to his game than meets the eye. The hockey IQ is there and it's just going to take some time to get it out.

Tage had a similar play when he controlled the puck on the forecheck and helped dictate the pace to get a shot on net. It wasn't a remarkable play, by any stretch of the imagination, but he seemed to take what was a very dull situation to get a shot on goal. He showed bit how he protects the puck on the half wall, but i'm eagerly waiting to see more.

All in all, the rookies had a wholly unremarkable game to me. I haven't watched the other 2 games thoroughly, so i can't speak to them, but again, with only 3 games in the bag, unremarkable is not a bad thing in my book.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
The third period collapses are frustrating, but we still have 6 points out of 6. Much more enjoyable to clean up mistakes following a win than a loss. Get as many points as you can early on

Hard to argue that. Definitely crossed the line.

He's lucky to have avoided a suspension, and frankly I disagree with just a fine. That kind of play is garbage and has no place. Easily should be a suspension even on a first offense. There's no excuse for it.

Kasparov

May 29, 2013
Ed - Following up on what Carter said, I really do think that Ed may have a shot at taking that 1st pairing LHD spot after Bouw rides off into the sunset and begins substitute teaching fluids or thermo at the SLU or WashU.

Allen - He has looked to be in midseason form. I worry about giving up these late leads again and again. This game didn't have anything to do with his play, but i worry that maybe it gets into his head a bit over time if it continues to happen. This has been a constant struggle for the team over many years of hitch. We never could seem to get that third goal to cut the head off the snake...but i'm getting ahead of myself.

I'll disagree with a previous poster and say that i feel that Snake is tracking the put exceptionally well. It's hard to track a puck through 3 bodies in front. That, i think, is more a knock on the defense. Again, I haven't watched the other two games, but i would be interested to know how many goals jake has given up where he was cleanly beaten and how many have been through impossible screens.

Schenn - I love this guys game and I knew i would. He's on a GREAT contract and is really gelling with his linemates. He's not at all afraid to get in there and drive the net, but he's creative enough to differ to a teammate and make a play happen. I know that he probably wont be able to keep this kid of play up throughout the entire season, but so far, he has been well worth the price we paid for him. With the injuries we've sustained, it could have been a precarious road ahead had we not gotten him from Philly.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Did I hear correctly that Panger said that Schenn and Schwartz played together at the World Juniors? He said something about they had chemistry together back then too.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Did I hear correctly that Panger said that Schenn and Schwartz played together at the World Juniors? He said something about they had chemistry together back then too.

Sounds about right, both were on team Canada in 2011. They lost in the gold medal game to Russia with Tarasenko as the Captain. Schenn was tournament MVP.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
They were, but if I remember correctly, Schwartz was injured part of the ways through the tournament and missed the last few games. I can't remember how many games Schwartz missed, but he definitely didn't play in the medal game.

I believe Schwartz suffered a leg injury, although I couldn't tell you what it was.

EDIT: Okay, found an article detailing it. So Schwartz fractured his ankle halfway through the tournament while he was on a line with both Johansen and Schenn.
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/canada-s-schwartz-out-of-world-juniors-with-injury-1.932792

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
whoa, whoa, whoa...is this THE Hockey Pete?

nevermind...it's a Flyers version of the Blues' own Hockey Pete.

I am THE hockeypete49!:laugh:. A life long Flyers fan who I must admit in the early 70's hated your team for good reason. But the Blues helped create the Broad Street Bullies and for that I will be forever grateful:thumbu:.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I am THE hockeypete49!:laugh:. A life long Flyers fan who I must admit in the early 70's hated your team for good reason. But the Blues helped create the Broad Street Bullies and for that I will be forever grateful:thumbu:.
Honest question. Is it possible that Schenn needed a fresh start? He looks good at center for us. I doubt he's a #1C but he looks like he's capable of maintaining his production at center. Did he kind of turn into a whipping boy in Philly fans eyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad