GDT: Game #3 | Blues @ Islanders | "Back to Basics"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Only fitting Vladi with the winning SO goal. At least it is an early game so boys can rest up for tomorrow’s game.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Good win but the team still played like idiots in the 3rd and OT.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Well they did it the hard way, and cost themselves a ROW, but at least I don't have to go to work pissed. Allen was amazing, neither of those goals he had a chance to stop, the skaters need to stop quiting on him 5 minutes before the final buzzer, he deserved the shutout today with that performance.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Allen must have played well. Showing .952 save percentage for the game.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Yep.....2pts is 2pts so whatever. Need to ratchet that preasure up in the 3rd moving forward

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Petro & Schwartz tied for team lead with 5 points, Schenn and Vladdy tied with 4.

Twisted Blue

Feb 4, 2013
St. Louis
Hard not to be pleased by the last three games. The team faced three fairly stout opponents and battled through adversity. Hopefully the confidence continues to build, the wins pile up and the Blues are able to make a deep run in the playoffs. Still a long way to go.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
The sooner we can stop playing Paajarvi every game the better. Dude is just not good.

Definitely not a finisher and shouldnt be in the top 6 or power play. Still think he is a solid option on the bottom 6 though, he is always pushing the play forward when he is out there. I think that he is a better option than vets like Upshall, Sundqvist and Thorburn, and fits a 4th line spot better than young guys like Barbashev and Thompson.

Reactions: rumrokh

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
It was tweeted by Arthur Staple that Marc Bergevin was at this game. Been searching for confirmation it's true but I can't find anything other than him tweeting so.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
It's early days, but I was hoping for better transition play under Yeo. There have been some flashes, but it hasn't come close to being a weapon that would give the Blues a real edge over their competition. Competent probably isn't going to be good enough to make them truly dangerous.

I was also hoping for a slightly more potent counter-attack, but I wasn't really expecting it. The defense is generally doing a solid job of separating the other team from the puck. It's just not translating into chances back the other way.

On the positive side, things are pretty organized defensively for this early in the season. Very few glaring lapses, very few odd-man breaks, aggressive (but not stupidly so)...generally speaking, I'd expect it to take longer to be playing as well as they are without the puck. Puck management has been pretty decent, too. Even with the uptick in E/W passing, it's hard to think of puck management lapses that have translated into something truly dangerous back the other way. Rather impressive, all things considered.

Reactions: taylord22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad