DVrNIsn.png

OTqvfcL.png

ykeLb6E.png

GlhnElK.png

None.

giphy.gif

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Their forward group aint half bad....still destroy them and weaken Tavares' moral more. Then bag and grab him after the game. Hypnotize him with a new name and sign him as a free agent.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
hope carter gets the start and save jake for NYR

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
As long as Thorburn isn't playing....that's a win. Both teams have some potent offense, so I dont think it matters which goalie plays which game

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I'll be missing this one, but hoping for another strong performance.

Like cmon guys it's basically the same as being scouted, except it's your future teammate who is scouting you this time lol. Do something to impress him!

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Top 6 is fine for now. Bottom six needs a LOT of work. Thorburn needs to go, which I think we all agree on. The third line has been really bad. I haven't seen anything I really like from Sundqvist. Paajarvi has been Paajarvi. Thompson has had a couple of flashy moments, but other than that he's been meh. However, I still want to see more of him with a better center, aka Barbashev.

Sobotka - Stastny - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Schenn - Jaskin
Megan - Barbashev - Thompson
Upshall - Brodziak - Sundqvist/Paajarvi

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
This would be an excellent game to put Megan and Barbashev in. Isles are not overly physica, so Thorburn is not really needed. Plus Sundqvist has not shown any good chemistry. Give Barbie a chance on the 3rd line.

Reactions: Majorityof1

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
This would be an excellent game to put Megan and Barbashev in. Isles are not overly physica, so Thorburn is not really needed. Plus Sundqvist has not shown any good chemistry. Give Barbie a chance on the 3rd line.

Please this. I am less concerned about benching Thorburn than I am with seeing what Barbashev can do. I didn't see whatever Yeo was disappointed by in the pre-season. To me, Barbashev earned a place. While I was on board with teaching him a lesson based on yeo's assessment, I am not onboard with keeping him in the press box for an extended period of time. Either play him or send him down....scratch that, either play him or play him. There is no way any of Tage, Paajarvi, Upshall, Brodziak, or Thorburn bring more to the table than Barbashev despite any inadequacies Yeo might have seen.

Reactions: Dbrownss

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Read JRs article from the other night. Yeo likes what Thornburn brings.....yikes. Normally Id say this is just a coach not wanting to publically speak ill of a player but he did with rookies. Doesn't give me alot of hope for Thorburn to watch many games from the pressbox

Reactions: RoarBacon

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I really want to know how this divide exists between fans and coaches. It must be a locker room thing. If you're looking strictly at on-ice performance, there is no reason guys like Thorburn and Tanner Glass should be in the league. None. There is a justification for Reaves, Clutterbuck etc. who can actually play the game a bit, but not for others. We have Sammy Blais in the AHL who would be a vast upgrade on Thorburn in nearly every department aside from physicality(and really, has Thorburn really been all that physical even?). Calgary has Mark Jankowski, former 1st round pick who was very productive in the AHL last year, and is off to an incredible start this year(5 points in 2 games), yet they signed Tanner Glass and play him over Jankowski. Why? Why does this divide still exist? It feels like hockey is the only sport like this too. Unless a guy simply isn't ready(either physically or mentally), the coach does his best to put the best team he can on the field/court. Hockey teams go out of their way to dress players who are vastly inferior to other options for really no reason at all. WHY is Chris Thorburn even in the NHL? Nothing he does is at NHL level outside of fighting, and that rarely happens anyway. He doesn't skate like an NHLer, doesn't pass like an NHLer, doesn't read plays like an NHLer,, doesn't shoot like an NHLer etc. Why is he playing above guys like Barbashev or Blais who are better? I just don't understand.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Wait what 20pm finnish time Blues hockey?

giphy.gif
Definitely a gift for our European fans. Happy for you guys, sad I won't be able to watch this one live. I'm going to try to avoid the score until I get home, but that's not going to happen honestly.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
The lineup I posted was just an assumption based on games 1 and 2. Jim Thomas has posted an article saying Yeo is pondering some lineup tweaks, so there might be some changes.

Bye Felicia

Apr 26, 2016
I really want to know how this divide exists between fans and coaches. It must be a locker room thing. If you're looking strictly at on-ice performance, there is no reason guys like Thorburn and Tanner Glass should be in the league. None. There is a justification for Reaves, Clutterbuck etc. who can actually play the game a bit, but not for others. We have Sammy Blais in the AHL who would be a vast upgrade on Thorburn in nearly every department aside from physicality(and really, has Thorburn really been all that physical even?). Calgary has Mark Jankowski, former 1st round pick who was very productive in the AHL last year, and is off to an incredible start this year(5 points in 2 games), yet they signed Tanner Glass and play him over Jankowski. Why? Why does this divide still exist? It feels like hockey is the only sport like this too. Unless a guy simply isn't ready(either physically or mentally), the coach does his best to put the best team he can on the field/court. Hockey teams go out of their way to dress players who are vastly inferior to other options for really no reason at all. WHY is Chris Thorburn even in the NHL? Nothing he does is at NHL level outside of fighting, and that rarely happens anyway. He doesn't skate like an NHLer, doesn't pass like an NHLer, doesn't read plays like an NHLer,, doesn't shoot like an NHLer etc. Why is he playing above guys like Barbashev or Blais who are better? I just don't understand.

I don't think this phenomenon is unique to hockey. It's fairly common in baseball too. With the Cardinals, Matheny has his players that he is uncommonly attached to, who tend to be gritty/scrappy veterans. Meanwhile, there are younger players who for whatever reason he is reluctant to turn to, even when a player by basically any metric is by far the best option. Kolten Wong is a prime example. So is Tommy Pham--there is no good reason he should not have been on the team at the start of the season, and there is no good reason Dexter Fowler should have been in CF over Pham down the stretch.

I think the situation with the Blues is a little different, in that Barbashev is still fairly unproven, though I'll take unproven over proven to be bad any day, and he certainly isn't going to prove himself in the pressbox. If I had to guess, I would say that Yeo might not want to tinker with a lineup that has gone 2-0-0 against a couple of good teams. Of course that would be a fallacious way of thinking, since just because you won doesn't mean you can't improve what you won with. Still, as we get more games into the season, I'm sure Barbashev will get his chances.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
The lineup I posted was just an assumption based on games 1 and 2. Jim Thomas has posted an article saying Yeo is pondering some lineup tweaks, so there might be some changes.

:crossfing With Hitch, I was always afraid of tweaks. Here I am cautiously optimistic about them.

Would adding Tavares be considered a tweak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad