GDT: Game 3: Arizona Coyotes @ Vegas Golden Knights | 7:00PM | Of course I'm going with Wile E Coyote

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Good to get the win, but this team is going to have to fix a couple of things before they start facing teams like the Avs, Blues and even the Wild considering the Wild always seems to give the Knights trouble.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Good to get the win, but this team is going to have to fix a couple of things before they start facing teams like the Avs, Blues and even the Wild considering the Wild always seems to give the Knights trouble.

Even the Kings give this team enough trouble that I never look forward to seeing them on the schedule.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
How come we didn't get such lucky goals when we needed them in the bubble? Throwing pucks off goalies, shots so bad they hit the back of our own guys, etc. We got none of that because of PDBs system of pumping pucks from 40 feet that professional goalies have no problem stopping.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
How come we didn't get such lucky goals when we needed them in the bubble? Throwing pucks off goalies, shots so bad they hit the back of our own guys, etc. We got none of that because of PDBs system of pumping pucks from 40 feet that professional goalies have no problem stopping.

Agreed. Not a method for long term success.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Agreed. Not a method for long term success.

Yep.

Luck is on our side now, but it will eventually go the other way.

You can honestly say that two of the Knights goals tonight were lucky goals.

Talking about lucky goals, i would have given the 3rd goal to Whitecloud. It just doesn't make sense to me that Chandler gets the goal even though the puck hit him in the back.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Yep.

Luck is on our side now, but it will eventually go the other way.

You can honestly say that two of the Knights goals tonight were lucky goals.

Talking about lucky goals, i would have given the 3rd goal to Whitecloud. It just doesn't make sense to me that Chandler gets the goal even though the puck hit him in the back.

Yeah and the ENG a lucky 200 foot shot right after Garland missed a wide open net to redirect a great pass play into. Not necessarily a deserved win but that's hockey. I'm sure the team knows it.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Yeah and the ENG a lucky 200 foot shot right after Garland missed a wide open net to redirect a great pass play into. Not necessarily a deserved win but that's hockey. I'm sure the team knows it.
Oh that wasn't luck. He knew exactly where he was sending it.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I liked Koli's game tonight, even though he was 13% in faceoffs. If Reaves and Carrier had a baby it'd be him.
Hague had a quiet night, which is OK for his first game in a while I suppose. Who would have thought it would be Whitecloud showing the offensive instincts.

Gotta shake up the forward lines though.
Patches Karlsson Stone
Tuch Glass Smith
Marchessault Stephenson Roy

It's nice to see most of the future defense core all at once though
Hague Theodore
Whitecloud Petro
____ Coghlan

At least that won't be a problem. Every game they don't get Glass established as a PP fixture we inch closer to the inevitable PLD overpayment + cap dump trade to complete the team.

Last edited:

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I liked Koli's game tonight, even though he was 13% in faceoffs. If Reaves and Carrier had a baby it'd be him.
Hague had a quiet night, which is OK for his first game in a while I suppose. Who would have thought it would be Whitecloud showing the offensive instincts.

Patches Karlsson Stone
Tuch Glass Smith

Hague Theodore
Whitecloud Petro
____ Coghlan

At least that won't be a problem. Every game they don't get Glass established as a PP fixture we inch closer to the inevitable PLD overpayment + cap dump trade to complete the team.

If Glass is the centerpiece for a PLD trade, that's actually a win, especially with Krebs waiting in the wings. The required cap dump would be an issue, however.

Safe to say at this point the McGM's chose poorly when they decided to keep Glass over Suzuki.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

The design is real nice, at the very least if it won't look good in practice.

What he's going for:
1410.m00.i121.n011.p.c25.192869372-vector-knight-o.jpg

what I see:
Eggman-signature-pose.png

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
If Glass is the centerpiece for a PLD trade, that's actually a win, especially with Krebs waiting in the wings. The required cap dump would be an issue, however.

Safe to say at this point the McGM's chose poorly when they decided to keep Glass over Suzuki.

What have CBJ seen of Glass that will convince them that Glass is a centerpiece of an offer for a guy who doesn't look capable of ever matching PLD's production?

This team's organization needs to stop thinking to themselves gotta get another piece, gotta get another piece. They should pay more attention to what they have, which is a very competitive team and figuring out how to make that sustainable. Getting AP in place of NS might on some level make you a better team, for example, but no one is convincing me getting the better player over guarantees you any level of playoff success. And when the only way to get an AP or a PLD is to have makeshift bottom pairings and lines, does anyone believe that's improvement?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Patches Karlsson Stone
Tuch Glass Smith

Hague Theodore
Whitecloud Petro
____ Coghlan

Why have two lefties and two righties on separate pairs?

Seeing the Cole for Pateryn trade, I have to think we aren't interested in moving a defenseman to solve our cap problems. There seems to be trades they could make but don't want to. Don't know that we have a forward we would still want to trade (Pacioretty not happening unless they try something big like Dubois but probably doesn't work anyway) so are dumb lineups based on cap garbage the norm this season?

Certainly we could have offered Martinez for Pateryn and Minnesota would have accepted and we could just call up Holden and put Pateryn on the taxi squad.

Even if they didnt want to reduce the team on the ice, then they could have probably even traded Holden for nothing (who can't play at all anyway until our cap gets sorted) and Minnesota probably accepts that as it adds only a small amount to their cap and Holden is probably better than Cole right now based on their last season. Even could spin it as giving Holden an opportunity to actually play.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Fun fact: Theo has been on the ice for slightly more than 70 minutes. Vegas is 7-0 in that span.

Nearly 110 minutes have been played without Theo. 4-5 during those.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad