GDT: Game 29: Wild @ Sharks, 6pm

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Sharks might be the best comeback team in the league, but they really need to work on their starts.

Joakim Ryan needs to be inserted in place of Dylan DeMelo ASAP. We also really miss Joonas Donskoi.

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
Well happy we got a point after how it started, but man was that a bad turn over...like really bad. He looked scared s***less as soon as the puck was on his stick and wanted to get rid of it as soon as possible. Not that anyone looked particularly decent in OT.

Overall happy about the effort after falling behind, and hey maybe that mistake is what we need to get Ryan back in for Demelo. If we are showcasing him though, that sure didn't help lol

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Pretty similar to Couture on Zetterberg, tbh.

At least Demelo can take solace in the fact that this wasn't a game 7.

RickyHP

May 9, 2013
Bay Area, CA
happy to see burnzie netted a few tonight. damn shame we couldn't come out with two

all in all good effort from the boys, it could've been worse

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
You know what, one point is good enough for me. Yeah, I would have LOVED 2 points tonight, but they came back being down 3-0. Burns with 2 goals and Hertl has 1 goal. If they keep this up, I think we're in good hands

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Third game in 4 nights. Down by 3 goals. I expected the Sharks to mail it in. Glad they didn't.

Reactions: Phu

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
My question is, when does it become time to start giving Dell back to back starts? Obviously not in the case of games on back to back days, but Jones' numbers are not great, and he has been poor in a lot of games. Dell has been a lot better this year and I think it's time we start to give him a bigger leash.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Watched it on DVR. Stalock still stinks. This is pretty much the ceiling of a good game for him, post-2014. Ryan should be in next game.

My question is, when does it become time to start giving Dell back to back starts? Obviously not in the case of games on back to back days, but Jones' numbers are not great, and he has been poor in a lot of games. Dell has been a lot better this year and I think it's time we start to give him a bigger leash.
I don't think Jones could do much on any of the goals against Carolina, maybe the third goal allowed? He wasn't very good tonight. He threw himself way out of position on that second goal and left the net wide open for a wraparound, and that third goal should have been stopped. Come on man, that's a clean wraparound goal! That's not a good goal at all.

Still am a little skeptical that Dell would post these .930 numbers while playing as a starter/1b goalie, but I wouldn't mind giving him a chance to play more. Jones has had almost a handful of rough games lately. Has he allowed fewer than 4 goals in a game since he came back from the injury? I don't think he has. He was playing great hockey up to that point, the best player on the team through October and November. He's only been able to stop beachballs lately.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
Maybe Jones is still nursing something? Anything to convince me lol.

Jones isn't that bad, and we've seen how good he could be. But tonight he was rough

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad