GDT: Game 29 | Columbus at New Jersey | 12/8 7PM

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I want to make sure I read the headline on the CBJ website correctly. Did Panarin get an assist on every CBJ goal?

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Here is to hoping to see a completely different attitude from CBJ tonight. :yo:

What about CBJ HFBoards Fans?

The Jackets are a good team though? All the issues the fans were concerned about are being exposed over the last 2 weeks.

Glad Jarmo is content to do nothing to improve the club.

The TURNOVERS. Too damn many. Two goals a difficult target for us, especially with this play

Another week like this and we could easily slip slide right out of the wild card spots

Jody says Torts shouldn’t have to say anything in the room...the vets should know what they need to do.

This team won’t make the playoffs.

Jody says CBJ “is on the road, just need to dumb things down.”

I’m not sure CBJ’s play could get any dumber

It's amazing how much goaltending can mask a bad team. This isn't too much worse than we have played in a lot of these games, but we'd always be down 1 or no score for either team, allowing us time to fumble around and get a goal. Now, bob isn't as sharp and we're still playing that way, so we look dead in the water already.

How many other games that we won had this same narrative from "you people"? God forbid the actual games we lost. Ryan Murray is good good. The Columbus Blue Jackets are good good.

Get over it.

Reactions: stevo61

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Here's my only question.

Why is Werenski so lazy on the powerplay now when the puck is out of the zone? He plays so lazily and almost gives up short handed opportunities to often.

Only points scored count when it comes to evaluating NHL hockey players.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
No.

How many of you STILL thought we shoulda picked Jesse "The Finnish Filatov" Pulujarvi a month and a half ago?

Me. I'll own up to it. I may even still say JP in the long run, but that could be on personal preference or hard headidness. But Dubois has looked very impressive and has at least justified the pick. But you weren't even here at the time, you don't get to point fingers. For all we know, you could have wanted Matthew Tkachuk.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
That's what I am asking, how and why what? Does Panarin fit with Anderson and Dubois? Is that your question?

Yes, 'with' was missing.

Explain why Panarin "fits" with Anderson and Dubois and not Dubinsky and Foligno?

Bonus points if you can explain why this "fit" hasn't existed since October?

Mar 1, 2002
But you weren't even here at the time, you don't get to point fingers..

I was. I will.

542888776.jpg

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Yes, 'with' was missing.

Explain why Panarin "fits" with Anderson and Dubois and not Dubinsky and Foligno?

Bonus points if you can explain why this "fit" hasn't existed since October?

I think Dubois and Anderson think the same way. They're both big guys with alot of weight who can also really move with the puck. Anderson has alot more skill and flare to his game than I think anyone ever thought. Dubois has skill too, but not as much as Anderson and obviously Panarin. For a large amount of time in this "PB&J" line, Andy and Dubois have carried the play with Panarin playing the role of decoy or passenger. It's worked. However, when Andy and Dubois don't create chances, they free up space for Panarin to do his thing. He's obviously very dynamic and the most skilled skater on our team, so he's able to do some things with the puck. Recently Panarin has started to get more involved in the line's dominance, especially tonight obviously, but alot of work is being done by PLD and Andy.

He doesn't fit with Dubinsky because he's a black hole of offense, and not a good skater. I don't think its fair to say he didn't fit with Foligno, because he largely played with Foligno when he was playing center and not his natural spot. But if it isn't broke with PB&J it makes no sense to try them together. Foligno is also not the fastest skater.

It hasn't been a fit since October because the coach literally admitted to throwing together that line as part of his line blender mechanics. I don't know why Torts insisted on making Panarin-Wennberg-Atkinson work for the whole preseason and the first part of the regular season.

Look, I'd happily be wrong if Panarin is indeed a fit. Up until playing with this line he hasn't looked like it. It isn't just me saying this. However, they're together now and every player on that line is signed for this year and next. So, maybe it can work. However, we've seen great lines catch fire (Saad-Johansen-Foligno I think it was in the preseason a few years ago) only to sputter later. It could happen here, or it couldn't. We'll see. If it sticks then maybe he has a fit after all. He's shown more willingness to backcheck and effort defensively/physically than he did with Chicago, so that's a credit to him.

But if he doesn't fit you have to trade him, you can't let a player with this much skill at his age walk.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Wennberg did not have to do much to score that.
Man, Wennberg can't do anything right can he?

It's not like that was a gimme goal, and especially from someone like Wennberg.

As someone who has played goalie and skated out for 20 years I can tell you that was not an easy shot. While it's not the easiest save either, but if your positioning is solid and you get a strong push that should be a routine save and the only way one should get by you is if it's ripped over your shoulder, not down low.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Decent read. While I agree with some I do disagree with most. 1 huge thing I disagree with is this...

Anderson has alot more skill and flare to his game than I think anyone ever thought. Dubois has skill too, but not as much as Anderson

Anderson might currently be a more "polished" pro player, but IMO he is not more "skilled" than Dubois in any way. He might have better overall straight-line speed without the puck and more pure velocity behind his shot, but that's it. Those are "3rd line"/Jason Chimera qualities. If you had to put a puck on 1 of their sticks on a 2 on 1, or attempting to get a shot off in traffic, I'm picking Dubois 9 out of 10 times.

Comparing him to Dubios or not, I think we need to pump the brakes on Anderson a bit. He's the "next great power forward in the league" the same way Jenner was 2 years ago.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
HAHA and tell me. HOW or WHY does Panarin "fit" Dubois and/or Anderson. Take your time.
Wut.

Does he fit with Dubinsky? No

Does he fit with Wennberg? No

The box sheet will tell you all you need to know. That line has over 20 points in the last like 5 games. I'd even wager that line contributed for a majority of our points over the last few games even before this one.

Idk if your being sarcastic or trying to make a point but things don't just happen over night, players don't just groove instantly. Especially not a 19 yo kid who was unsure if he was even guaranteed a roster spot, what position he would be playing or who he would be playing with. And it didn't help neither Dubinsky or Wennberg weren't really doing anything to drive the offense.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Decent read. While I agree with some I do disagree with most. 1 huge thing I disagree with is this...

Anderson might currently be a more "polished" pro player, but IMO he is not more "skilled" than Dubois in any way. He might have better overall straight-line speed without the puck and more pure velocity behind his shot, but that's it. Those are "3rd line"/Jason Chimera qualities. If you had to put a puck on 1 of their sticks on a 2 on 1, or attempting to get a shot off in traffic, I'm picking Dubois 9 out of 10 times.

Comparing him to Dubios or not, I think we need to pump the brakes on Anderson a bit. He's the "next great power forward in the league" the same way Jenner was 2 years ago.

That's fair. We'll see in time. In your scenario I pick Anderson, but it's not a bad option to have for either one.

Jenner was praised for being a big guy who can score goals. I think that's different than Anderson, who is a guy who scores goals who happens to be a big guy.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->