GDT: Game 28: Coyotes @ Blue Jackets | 3-16-13 | 4PM MST | FS Arizona Plus

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
That was one of the worst games I have ever watched in my entire life.
Can't help but agree with this. Disgusting effort, really. Over the last six periods of hockey, none of the Coyotes have looked even remotely close to putting the puck in the back of the net. You can put it down to hot goaltending or solid defense as much as you want, but it's so simple, you're not going to win the game without putting the puck in the net. Something needs to be done.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
And I have to disagree. I don't even think it was a bad game. Bobrovsky just stole it. Much better than the effort against the Blues.
He made two or three decent saves, one of which was on Biznasty ffs. The remainder of our SOG were either straight at his chest, or into his glove. Don't get me wrong, Bobrovsky has been on fire lately, but we had so many chances to score, especially on that last PP, and we missed the ****ing net every time.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
I didn't think we played too bad but we cannot shoot with any accuracy. Bobvrosky didn't even have to move to stop most of those shots. We either miss the net or shoot it right at the goalie. We need the big guys to screen the goalie and redirect the puck.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
I'm officially sick of Vermette. He continuously attempts these no look passes and wannabe fancy plays, which NEVER work, because we simply do not have a skilled enough forward group to make those kind of plays work. All he is doing is turnover after turnover. If Yandle was playing center, they'd be exactly the same player.

I think I've seen about a handful of no look passes amount to anything in the last 4 years. Better off not trying the "pretty" play.

SweYote

Jun 7, 2011
Lund, Sweden
He made two or three decent saves, one of which was on Biznasty ffs. The remainder of our SOG were either straight at his chest, or into his glove. Don't get me wrong, Bobrovsky has been on fire lately, but we had so many chances to score, especially on that last PP, and we missed the ****ing net every time.

So maybe it was more the finishing than it was about Bobrovsky. Still, I don't think the effort was the problem tonight like it was against the Blues. The Coyotes were the better team and should have won this game. But obviously shooting is a part of hockey as well, and you're right, that part wasn't there tonight.

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
We're missing the point. The fact that the Coyotes haven't scored a goal 6 periods of hockey is definitley concerning.

The Yotes are just copying the Kings. Have trouble scoring midway through the season, squeak into the playoffs as the 8th seed, then win the Cup. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad