GDT: Game 27: Coyotes @ Blues | 3-14-13 | 5PM MST | FS Arizona Plus

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
They need to change their offensive formation or something. What they're doing is not working. The Blues are all over them the entire time they're in the offensive szone.

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
I don't get this drop pass in the neutral zone strategy. Just seems like it gives the other team time to clog up the blue line.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I don't get this drop pass in the neutral zone strategy. Just seems like it gives the other team time to clog up the blue line.

All I can think of is that it draws the defensemen deeper into their own zone at the time the line is gained, if it is.

What does that set up as far as attacking options go? Long blasts? Not useful in this era of the NHL and there's no screen set in the crease. :help:

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
The game tonight

disappointed_gif_44556.gif

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
All I can think of is that it draws the defensemen deeper into their own zone at the time the line is gained, if it is.

What does that set up as far as attacking options go? Long blasts? Not useful in this era of the NHL and there's no screen set in the crease. :help:

Yeah, play is predicated somewhat on the play of the defender. If he follows the front man or gets moved out of the way to pave a lane, then the man with the puck has free range of options, with the first one being enter the zone by taking it in himself, provided the defenders drop back. While we have tended to use this strategy too much, IMO, it actually works better with the current roster. While still not great, we are hitting the net a little more often than in past, and we have done better at sustained puck pressure in the offensive zone. There were times in the previous two years when I saw our PP unit go 6 or 7 times in the same PP without getting it close to the zone or far too many 0 SOG PPs. The highest total this year has easily been under that, and we frequently get 1-2 SOG on the PP, bare minimum. The oh-fers have dwindled down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad