GDT: Game 26: St Louis Blues Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 7:00PM | S for Start the Home and Home strong

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
May the blue notes be played for the visitors

My little forecaster has us losing in ot or so tonight. It has been wrong the last two games (four actually), I hope we get the win it didnt expect.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Games against St Louis always worry me... far to often they have not been very good for the heart lol

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I don't know why Dorofeyev isn't getting a two or three game chance to do what he can with it.

Cotter hits, but those hits usually do nothing to who he's hitting and also hitting is the least important it's ever been in the NHL. And we have plenty of other hitters. There's nothing else he brings.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Turned on game, watched us have 3 2 on 1's and "missed the net".

I don't know why Dorofeyev isn't getting a two or three game chance to do what he can with it.

Cotter hits, but those hits usually do nothing to who he's hitting and also hitting is the least important it's ever been in the NHL. And we have plenty of other hitters. There's nothing else he brings.
I'd like to see what Dorofeyev does too, but why is Koleslaw an automatic. What does he bring?? At least Cotter is big and fast and improving.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Nothing like having a million scoring chances and having the Blues fourth line score with 20 seconds left.

St. Louis is the only team in the NHL that is undefeated when scoring first 11-0-0.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Great defensive period, to give up a deflection with 22 left. Never seen that one before.

I'd like to see what Dorofeyev does too, but why is Koleslaw an automatic. What does he bring?? At least Cotter is big and fast and improving.
I would argue whether Cotter is improving. It doesnt seem like he thinks the game at all.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
When was last goal by...........................Roy, Cotter, Stephenson, Howden, Carrier, etc.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Carrier and Howden have both scored somewhat recently.... the other three.... it's been 84 years.
I believe it is de rigeur to make eight passes before shooting it directly into the opposition goalie.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
I don't want to rush him back cause we're playoff bound but we miss Theodore something awful.

Reactions: Haguerbomb

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I sometimes wish our players had brains.

I mean anyone with one would not take the risk they just did in overtime.

How can two players skate towards a misbobled puck when it was quite obvious they weren't going to make it before the Blues player got it again.

Now that just pissed me off. That is not a move a stanley cup champion makes. One player maybe, but two leaving a guy alone in front of Thompson?

Reactions: hangman005

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Kolesar is better at the fourth line game than Cotter and plays on the right.

Cotter has more hits but his hits aren't really as effective because he's just not as big and he always tries to hit even when it's not the play.

Every line Cotter is on has been worse with him. Going back to a lot of last year. He's really bad in his own zone, Kolesar is more responsible, and I have seen no improvement at all.

He loses most board battles still and is often invisible or the reason his lines lose possession. He has a good shot but NHL defenders know how to give him less time to pull the trigger and he has nothing else to do against them. It's like almost 60 games now he is almost constantly a net negative.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Kolesar is better at the fourth line game than Cotter and plays on the right.

Cotter has more hits but his hits aren't really as effective because he's just not as big and he always tries to hit even when it's not the play.

Every line Cotter is on has been worse with him. Going back to a lot of last year. He's really bad in his own zone, Kolesar is more responsible, and I have seen no improvement at all.

He loses most board battles still and is often invisible or the reason his lines lose possession. He has a good shot but NHL defenders know how to give him less time to pull the trigger and he has nothing else to do against them. It's like almost 60 games now he is almost constantly a net negative.
I know you don't care for Cotter. He's 6'2" 220 pounds, he's as big as Koleslaw. Koleslaw is slow and always behind the play. He's game but his skating is sub-par, whereas Cotter has great speed.

He was extremely visible last night, wheeas Koleslaw came in on a 2 on 1 and fumbled the puck. He had a nice deflection against the Oilers I believe, that's almost his only point in 25 games.

Without Theodore, who I believe is terribly missed and was having an All-Star season, our offense is pathetic and we're spending too much time in our zone. The real argument is how to get a little more pop in our popgun offense.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I know you don't care for Cotter. He's 6'2" 220 pounds, he's as big as Koleslaw. Koleslaw is slow and always behind the play. He's game but his skating is sub-par, whereas Cotter has great speed.

He was extremely visible last night, wheeas Koleslaw came in on a 2 on 1 and fumbled the puck. He had a nice deflection against the Oilers I believe, that's almost his only point in 25 games.

Without Theodore, who I believe is terribly missed and was having an All-Star season, our offense is pathetic and we're spending too much time in our zone. The real argument is how to get a little more pop in our popgun offense.

I know some places list him at that but he is not 6'2" by a longshot if you have seen him in person, even on TV you can tell that's not true, and the 220 seems like it would be off too but he is stocky. Marchessault for example isn't really the 5'10" he's listed in some places.

But he's hurt himself as often as he has impacted opposing players with his hits, and they just aren't useful most of the time. On top of hits in general just being less important in today's NHL. Reaves would still get hits later in his time here but we were poorer with him on the ice. Hits don't correlate to winning in any meaningful way, though we do still have plenty of hitters without Cotter in the lineup.

Cotter's advanced stats are the worst on the team, going back even to his last half of last season, despite getting to play with great linemates.

He has one goal and three assists even strength compared to Kolesar's one goal and two assists, and playing with Carrier, Rondbjerg, Howden and Roy on the fourth line is very different to Karlsson/Marchy, Stephenson/Stone, although Stephenson is right there with Cotter as far as poor performances go.

That isn't any more effective offensively than Kolesar even strength and the difference in responsibility Kolesar shows over Cotter is just night and day. I'm not Kolesar's biggest fan but he's less of an overall liability than Cotter has been since his first 25 or so games of last year.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
I know some places list him at that but he is not 6'2" by a longshot if you have seen him in person, even on TV you can tell that's not true, and the 220 seems like it would be off too but he is stocky. Marchessault for example isn't really the 5'10" he's listed in some places.

But he's hurt himself as often as he has impacted opposing players with his hits, and they just aren't useful most of the time. On top of hits in general just being less important in today's NHL. Reaves would still get hits later in his time here but we were poorer with him on the ice. Hits don't correlate to winning in any meaningful way, though we do still have plenty of hitters without Cotter in the lineup.

Cotter's advanced stats are the worst on the team, going back even to his last half of last season, despite getting to play with great linemates.

He has one goal and three assists even strength compared to Kolesar's one goal and two assists, and playing with Carrier, Rondbjerg, Howden and Roy on the fourth line is very different to Karlsson/Marchy, Stephenson/Stone, although Stephenson is right there with Cotter as far as poor performances go.

That isn't any more effective offensively than Kolesar even strength and the difference in responsibility Kolesar shows over Cotter is just night and day. I'm not Kolesar's biggest fan but he's less of an overall liability than Cotter has been since his first 25 or so games of last year.
I'm at every game. Cotter's potential trumps Kolesar's by a country mile. And Roy plays on the 4th line but isn't really a 4th liner, Ditto Carrier. So we will just have to disagree.

I'm not an analytic's guy but I did play the game and I've been watching hockey since Bobby Hull (not Brett) was a rookie. I respect your opinion, but I disagree in this case.

And Stephenson was always one of my favorites since it was a highway robbery trade, but I am so disappointed in him this year. One would think in a contract year he'd explode not implode.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Kolesar is useless and i would be totally okay with getting rid of him.

With this team being totally fine with giving away players that don't perform, i am surprised that Kolesar is still on the team.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I'm at every game. Cotter's potential trumps Kolesar's by a country mile. And Roy plays on the 4th line but isn't really a 4th liner, Ditto Carrier. So we will just have to disagree.

I'm not an analytic's guy but I did play the game and I've been watching hockey since Bobby Hull (not Brett) was a rookie. I respect your opinion, but I disagree in this case.

And Stephenson was always one of my favorites since it was a highway robbery trade, but I am so disappointed in him this year. One would think in a contract year he'd explode not implode.

It's fine to disagree on it, I've played too after learning from my dad who played semi-pro fwiw.

I just don't see much in Cotter, I can't ever see a second liner and not being groomed like a fourth liner so if he can't improve quite a bit to be useful as an offensive depth third line left wing I don't see him being anything but a net negative.

I've been wrong before (I thought Glass was bang on to be a top six C) so I'm not claiming any definitive takes here, though I was always high on Suzuki so I do like to crow about that lol

Kolsear is a decent fourth line wing and that's all he ever will be but we don't need him to do more. Carrier I think is a great fourth line winger but not anything more, he has hands of stone. Not hands of Stone. Roy is at least capable of being our 3C, maybe even a top six right wing with the right linemates but all of them are only tasked with a fourth line grinder type game.

Stephenson is one of my dad's favorite players and he sees him playing poor but he still wants to believe so there's a lot of excuses, but that's fine I understand it.

I was always worried about what we would give Stephenson because I think his game is built on his speed and meshing well with talented players and I wasn't sure giving him an enormous raise for five years would work out so well for us but his season is making that moot.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad