GDT: Game 26 | Columbus vs. Anaheim | 12/1 7PM

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
The chances of them meeting in the SCF are probably slim to none but a playoff series between these two teams would be insanely entertaining.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
If you’re into comedy, check out Anaheim’s game day thread... lol.

Attachments

• 87CD6605-050B-4360-9D69-DA1508014EDD.jpeg
    87CD6605-050B-4360-9D69-DA1508014EDD.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: CPTN71

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Somebody confirm if I’m seeing this correct

When the CBJ PP has the puck on the half-wall, it seems like the defense sags way over and is actually pressuring the puck carrier. That should free up space in the center slot or the other side of the ice. It almost even seems like the CBJ try a 3-man cycle on the half-wall from low to high. Invariably they turn the puck over.

Why not try a cross ice pass? So what if it gets tipped, nothing is working anyway. At least it would make the defense move. It’s almost like the CBJ play station-to-station and it allows the defense to get back in position too easy. Also, there is nobody touching any rebounds like last year.
That's how Bread and Kane scored a bunch.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I think the theory is that there's no passing lane because of all the defenders there. That said, yeah, taking that risk makes sense to me.
Agree there's risk, I can't imagine it causing more breakaway chances than we currently allow.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
PLD is sure making Jarmo look smart. Am glad Wenny missed some games to force 18 to center. He's actually looked better at C than wing. And while none of us should be surprised if he slumps, at the moment he's playing strong and is our best center.

Last edited:

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I'm curious if any of the reporters will have the balls to ask about the PP when coach comes on...

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
So here we are 26 games into the season. We keep waiting to see some different team than the one that we are watching. Yet here we are watching an ugly 17-8-1 team. This PP is so bad that I can't believe it can get any worse and then it does. But maybe this is the team they are. And maybe it's not. Too much talent on this roster to be playing such sloppy games. But I'm going to embrace it and accept it. They could be 8-17-1 the way things have gone but they have gutted out a win many more times than not. I keep thinking what is going to happen when they really start playing well and I have to believe eventually that it is going to happen.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
So here we are 26 games into the season. We keep waiting to see some different team than the one that we are watching. Yet here we are watching an ugly 17-8-1 team. This PP is so bad that I can't believe it can get any worse and then it does. But maybe this is the team they are. And maybe it's not. Too much talent on this roster to be playing such sloppy games. But I'm going to embrace it and accept it. They could be 8-17-1 the way things have gone but they have gutted out a win many more times than not. I keep thinking what is going to happen when they really start playing well and I have to believe eventually that it is going to happen.
Yep. I'll take it too. Scorewise this game wouldn't have been close if we had a competent PP. I have some other thoughts on this too, but I'll save for another time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->