Can't say how happy I am for Korpi, guy sits and watches 85% of the time

That's not easy for any athlete, let alone a professional athlete

Made some big saves when they needed him in the Third period

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Torts in post game regarding the lines

"I've got one, still looking for consistency from the other three"

That's a high compliment coming from Torts to say PLD is centering a line He has no
intention of breaking up the way He likes to juggle lines.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
NJ won tonight with a 3rd period GWG. They seem to continue to find ways to win, like us. Next weeks 2 games against NJD will be more than huge.

Reactions: jacketsgeek

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Thanks everyone for the well wishes in the other thread!! I didn't get to catch the game because the channel was all static here and my fsgo app never has the jackets game and for the life of.me I can't figure out why. I also wasn't really feeling my best to check out the thread during the game because the pain was pretty rough. 5 hour surgery and like an hour and a half or 2 hours in recovery. but I got the jist of what happened and I'm loving our top lines production recently and I'm slowly fading to the side of wait out this season and work the C position in the off-season. Why break up pieces working for us when it's somehow working. Even a TDL move works but right now keep the team as is because even though we score low we keep them low and that's fine with me. If we won every game 1-0 or 2-1 and had the least goals scored as a team I' not worried if we are top of the metro because that is how we build from the net out and as long as they score less then us it's just as good as the 10 we put on the habs last year.

Reactions: Viqsi

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
The line of Milano, Wennberg and Cam was the worst line ever in CBJ history that did not have Robert Kron playing on it. Overall, this was one of Torts' worst lineups. Yes, the top line works, big time. But that is because they played an inside game and were not just shooting from the perimeter as the other lines were doing. Essentially Torts removed two of his top scoring threats, Cam and Bjork, by placing them on lines that were entirely perimeter lines. In order to succeed, Cam needs to be on a line with at least one big body.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
The line of Milano, Wennberg and Cam was the worst line ever in CBJ history that did not have Robert Kron playing on it. Overall, this was one of Torts' worst lineups. Yes, the top line works, big time. But that is because they played an inside game and were not just shooting from the perimeter as the other lines were doing. Essentially Torts removed two of his top scoring threats, Cam and Bjork, by placing them on lines that were entirely perimeter lines. In order to succeed, Cam needs to be on a line with at least one big body.

Entirely agree. Cam seems to be hurting the most from all of this lack of chemistry. You can see that he’s frustrated in his play besides his first game after signing the extension. That line was awful last night. Cam and Milano seem like they’d be a good fit on paper with Milano’s playmaking but it just... doesn’t work. Cam’s corsi for % was 43 which was his lowest total of the year and Bjorky played just 8 minutes which was his lowest TOI all year. Just 4 games ago he played 18+ minutes.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Torts in post game regarding the lines

"I've got one, still looking for consistency from the other three"

That's a high compliment coming from Torts to say PLD is centering a line He has no
intention of breaking up the way He likes to juggle lines.

Some of that's gotta be on Torts, though. I'm not saying that everything he does has to work right and right away, but it is his job to put players in position where they can show that consistency. I'm with the last two posters that there just aren't a whole lot of groupings that are clicking.

I'd pair Foligno with Wennberg and Jenner with Dubinsky and then slot Cam and Bjork on their right in whichever way - it doesn't matter to me. I know Calvert is a LW but I'd play him with Milano and Sedlak. Motte or Schroeder can handle that until Calvert's in (which might be tonight) and then occasionally slot it for Sonny in a game where that fourth line needs to matchup defensively more. It probably wouldn't work because I'm not a hockey coach, but that's what I'd be interested to see.

Reactions: Byrral and Viqsi

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
It was Fligs Wennberg and Cam in the third. Bjork and Milano had one shift each and then benched.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
So here we are 26 games into the season. We keep waiting to see some different team than the one that we are watching. Yet here we are watching an ugly 17-8-1 team. This PP is so bad that I can't believe it can get any worse and then it does. But maybe this is the team they are. And maybe it's not. Too much talent on this roster to be playing such sloppy games. But I'm going to embrace it and accept it. They could be 8-17-1 the way things have gone but they have gutted out a win many more times than not. I keep thinking what is going to happen when they really start playing well and I have to believe eventually that it is going to happen.

That's the thing... The team is continung to struggle in a lot of areas, and yet it is tied for the most wins in the league. The powerplay alone should have 10 more goals. We are the youngest team in the league, being carried by the youngest players, and in a lot of ways the core veteran group looks like they couldn't be playing worse.

A lot of people look at that as a negative, I think it is a sign that this will be growing into a dominant team as soon as the people struggling play like we know they can. This isn't a case of players slowing down for good at the end of their careers. It feels a lot more like slumps. Foligno, Atkinson, Dubinsky, Wennberg, Jenner, Savard, even Werenski... We know all of these players can play much better than they have over the course of the season. These are top 6/top 4 players that we've seen much much better from.

It's frustrating to watch but it's a positive sign for how good this team can be.

Reactions: Viqsi

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Thanks everyone for the well wishes in the other thread!! I didn't get to catch the game because the channel was all static here and my fsgo app never has the jackets game and for the life of.me I can't figure out why. I also wasn't really feeling my best to check out the thread during the game because the pain was pretty rough. 5 hour surgery and like an hour and a half or 2 hours in recovery. but I got the jist of what happened and I'm loving our top lines production recently and I'm slowly fading to the side of wait out this season and work the C position in the off-season. Why break up pieces working for us when it's somehow working. Even a TDL move works but right now keep the team as is because even though we score low we keep them low and that's fine with me. If we won every game 1-0 or 2-1 and had the least goals scored as a team I' not worried if we are top of the metro because that is how we build from the net out and as long as they score less then us it's just as good as the 10 we put on the habs last year.
Mikey, there were a few days where my FSGO also didn't show the Jackets. I had to call TimeWarner/Spectrum, or whatever they are today, to fix it. Occasionally it will still won't show when I first open the app but it corrects when I log into my cable providers. Just thought I'd pass on my similar experiences. Take care of yourself.

Reactions: mikeyp24

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Mikey, there were a few days where my FSGO also didn't show the Jackets. I had to call TimeWarner/Spectrum, or whatever they are today, to fix it. Occasionally it will still won't show when I first open the app but it corrects when I log into my cable providers. Just thought I'd pass on my similar experiences. Take care of yourself.
Thanks a lot moe for looking out for me. Thankfully I'm home in my own bed with my 60in 4k tv and cable haha. It used to work great as an app though and it only stopped working once we switched from time Warner to spectrum (even though it's the same company). If anyone here still has time Warner and haven't switched there account to spectrum do it asap. Their basic internet is the same price but is faster then TW top tier. The cable is also cheaper. We got faster internet, 2 extra boxes and the premium channels and saved money. Figured I'd pay it forward from a buddy of mine who works there and told me and a lot of my neighbors about it. On the phone they will say they are the same company but that's just their way of making more money and not explaining how they are different you will have to go in and cancel your account and then resign up but the money you save is worth it. It's like a pair of tickets to a game once a month haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->