GDT: Game #25 | St. Louis Blues vs Anaheim Ducks | Berglund is Back Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
MRW Brodziak is the extra attacker then scores:

7nuf6qJ.gif

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Problem is time now, too bad Brodziak didn't do this 2 periods ago

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
At this level you still have to execute to win, even when facing a depleted roster, and the Blues have not been executing very well in multiple important facets of the game.

Agreed but not executing or finishing chances against such a depleted roster is what makes it so bad

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
If we had a half-way decent (not even good) special teams, then we win this game handedly. In fact, we might only have three losses on the year. Get a shooter for 2RW adn fix those teams

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Steen is sort of driving me nuts. He has the ability to play a simpler and more effective game, yet he tries too hard to be a star making plays. He is a straight line player.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Special teams have to be corrected. Other than that the Blues really need to stop underestimating teams. You could just tell 5 mins in that the Blues thought this was going to be an easy win due to the Ducks injuries and came back to bite them. I feel like the majority of our loses have come from us taking our opponents too lightly.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
What have you liked? I think he has been guilty of being timid too often.

He has lost a bunch of board battles too.

His last PP was fun to watch though.
He's arguably been the best Blues player with the puck tonight. Beaten his man multiple times with the puck on his stick, and created time and space for himself a number of others. Lots of escapability with the puck, both in space and on the line, at ES and with the man advantage. A number of really nice passes, and he's getting the puck to the net...not empty shots that are being gobbled up, either. No panic with the puck, and if he had any bad turnovers, I didn't see them.

It was a meh night defensively, but the whole team kind of stunk when it came to puck support and battles tonight. Dunn's not a player I would expect to dominate on that front, anyway, so maybe I'm grading on a curve there.

Either way, his transition impact and puck poise are extremely advanced for a rookie defenseman. His skill set is going to be a tremendous asset for the Blues.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Steen is sort of driving me nuts. He has the ability to play a simpler and more effective game, yet he tries too hard to be a star making plays. He is a straight line player.

Honestly I am over Alexander Steen at this point. I really hope Army finds a way to trade him this offseason. His ability to be "another coach" on the ice is overshadowed by the fact that he is shell of the player he once was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad