Inactive
Brown, Dahlbeck

Injured
Pesce, Stempniak

Reactions: Samkow

Daytonian

Nov 6, 2014
Dayton OH
How many games will we start Bob? Do we want him to droop in the playoffs once again? We need to build some rest into his schedule, especially when we play nondivision opponents. We have no trust in Korpi, as we are playing Bob in back-to-backs. Something's got to give. We've go to get Bob some rest so we have him in prime shape for the second season.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Hey all,
Just a question but where are you hearing that Pesce's hurt? He was in for our morning skate today - just wanting to make sure something didn't happen to him at the skate.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Lineups from Canes morning skate:

Aho-Staal-Teravainen
McGinn-Rask-Lindholm
Skinner-Ryan-Williams
Nordstrom-Kruger-Jooris

Slavin-Pesce
Fleury-Faulk
Hanifin-Van Reimsdyk

Darling
Ward

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Hey all,
Just a question but where are you hearing that Pesce's hurt? He was in for our morning skate today - just wanting to make sure something didn't happen to him at the skate.

How many games will we start Bob? Do we want him to droop in the playoffs once again? We need to build some rest into his schedule, especially when we play nondivision opponents. We have no trust in Korpi, as we are playing Bob in back-to-backs. Something's got to give. We've go to get Bob some rest so we have him in prime shape for the second season.

Note:

Lineups will probably differ. Copy and paste.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

That was my initial impression, but check this out:

NHL.com - Stats

Bob's usage this season appears to be pretty standard among top goalies. He has 20 games started. Others have 21,20 and 19.

I'm old enough to remember when goalies started 70 of the 76 games. Interestingly, Ken Dryden who was in goal during the Canadiens crazy good 1970s run, usually started around 55 games per season which was a little less than 75% of the time.

Even if Bob is being used in an appropriate manner, I think it's important to put Korpisalo in more just to see if he performs at an NHL level on a consistent basis. If he can't, then that has to be recognized and appropriate action taken.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
People are too worried about Bob right now. We have had a schedule so far that's far from gruelling and has been good at getting Bob the rest he needs. We haven't played him back to back this year too my knowledge. So far I don't see the issue with his usage. 4 games in 7 days sure but 2 in 5 isn't going to kill the guy.

Also Korpi needs to play big games too. People keep wanting to play him in non division games but if we never throw him to the wolves how does he ever learn to play in big moments.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
This is a must win for the CBJ. Need to maintain pace with the rest of the Metro and create some space between them and Pittsburgh.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus

Don’t know who’s questionable to play. Maybe Savard is heading to the press box, he was absolutely brutal last night.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
That was my initial impression, but check this out:

NHL.com - Stats

Bob's usage this season appears to be pretty standard among top goalies. He has 20 games started. Others have 21,20 and 19.

I'm old enough to remember when goalies started 70 of the 76 games. Interestingly, Ken Dryden who was in goal during the Canadiens crazy good 1970s run, usually started around 55 games per season which was a little less than 75% of the time.

Even if Bob is being used in an appropriate manner, I think it's important to put Korpisalo in more just to see if he performs at an NHL level on a consistent basis. If he can't, then that has to be recognized and appropriate action taken.
And naturally segues into the trivia fact of Glenn Hall - also a Vezina winning goalie - holding the record of 502 consecutive starts in the net over his days with Detroit and Chicago. :thumbu: :laugh:

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan

Agree with this.

Also just to add, everything is all good until that groin goes 'pop'.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Harringtom with Nuti pairing gives anxiety, good luck Korpi!

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
In before the first Wennberg sucks post. Torts doesn't ease guys back in so it will be interesting to see how Torts utilizes him. Happy he is back and hope he's 100%. Better to get Foligno back on the wing where he belongs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->