GDT: Game 22: Vegas Golden Knights @ Anaheim Ducks | 7:00PM | None like it Spott

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Lol what draft pick? This team mortgaged the future to win now. Anything short of a cup the next few years is a failure.

The Knights still have this years 1st if they finish in the bottom 10.

I honestly would take it cause our defense has sucked this year and Lehner is just not the type of goalie that can save a teams ass.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Well we did have a Vezina winner and he is looking fantastic these days but we thought trading him was a good idea.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Well we did have a Vezina winner and he is looking fantastic these days but we thought trading him was a good idea.

The way our defense is playing, i doubt even Fleury would have saved us.

This whole season just consists of terrible defensive mistakes and a unreliable goaltender who needs great defense to succeed.

I just don't see this team getting better defensively. This is the team we have.

I would absolutely put Deboer on the hot seat right now. Past two playoffs his team ran into a series where they couldn't score for shit. Now they can't defend for shit.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
It doesnt matter who we draft or who we have. This team went far on momentum, but clearly DeBore cannot inspire them, nor demand fundamentals like passing. Hague is the Icing King and gets praised after every game. He was especially awful tonight. Lehner has lost as soon as he has to move.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
It doesnt matter who we draft or who we have. This team went far on momentum, but clearly DeBore cannot inspire them, nor demand fundamentals like passing. Hague is the Icing King and gets praised after every game. He was especially awful tonight. Lehner has lost as soon as he has to move.

Well then it is time to fire him.

Honestly, i never liked him.

I appreciate him for bring this team to two conference finals, but i never really thought he was that good of a coach.

It seems like he is following the same path as his other teams. Has success in the first couple of seasons, but then fizzles out and gets fired.

Same thing will happen here imo. He is probably safe for this season no matter how bad the Knights get, but next season i can absolutely see him being gone if the team doesn't turn it around.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Yeah Lehner could have at least saved one or two goals, but that defense was brutal. Shea Theodore's face after realizing the game was essentially over after looking like vintage rookie season brutal defense Shea Theodore said it all. It was entertaining to watch 5v5 hockey with the odd man rushes up and down for both teams all game long that resembled more like the excitement of 3v3 OT hockey.

Losing face offs lead to a couple of goals too as the ducks ran great plays off faceoff wins and I swear the ducks looked surprised that their set plays worked so well.

I hope Stone doesn't have Martin Riggs shoulder that pops out all the time.

Every game I swear there's a new player that I've never heard of before.

A season like this was bound to happen sooner or later and we haven't traded 10 mil off this roster.

Have we lost every game against a team playing on the 2nd game of back to back games with their backup goalie this season. It sure feels like it.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Yeah Lehner could have at least saved one or two goals, but that defense was brutal. Shea Theodore's face after realizing the game was essentially over after looking like vintage rookie season brutal defense Shea Theodore said it all. It was entertaining to watch 5v5 hockey with the odd man rushes up and down for both teams all game long that resembled more like the excitement of 3v3 OT hockey.

Losing face offs lead to a couple of goals too as the ducks ran great plays off faceoff wins and I swear the ducks looked surprised that their set plays worked so well.

I hope Stone doesn't have Martin Riggs shoulder that pops out all the time.

Every game I swear there's a new player that I've never heard of before.

A season like this was bound to happen sooner or later and we haven't traded 10 mil off this roster.

Have we lost every game against a team playing on the 2nd game of back to back games with their backup goalie this season. It sure feels like it.

Not just losing the faceoffs. Both of those goals were after mindless icings.

And you're right, I should have called out Theo too. He's been generally brutal.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
DeBoer seems to like big slow players who forecheck and crash the net. Same for defensemen, Theo doesn't fit that mold. I like speed, and I don't particularly like DeBoer's style, but you just can't argue with his record.

I'm not sure this isn't a lost year, but all hope is not gone - I doubt we make first place, but if we make the playoffs even as a wild card, anything is possible in the NHL, depending on what they do cap wise when Eichel gets back.

I was warming a bit towards Lehner, but he seems to be regressing again.

But, jeez, I hope we resign Smith, hate to see him next year as a cap casualty, he's been tremendous, but I'm sure he'll need to take a hometown discount to stay.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
DeBoer seems to like big slow players who forecheck and crash the net. Same for defensemen, Theo doesn't fit that mold. I like speed, and I don't particularly like DeBoer's style, but you just can't argue with his record.

I'm not sure this isn't a lost year, but all hope is not gone - I doubt we make first place, but if we make the playoffs even as a wild card, anything is possible in the NHL, depending on what they do cap wise when Eichel gets back.

I was warming a bit towards Lehner, but he seems to be regressing again.

But, jeez, I hope we resign Smith, hate to see him next year as a cap casualty, he's been tremendous, but I'm sure he'll need to take a hometown discount to stay.

I argue that DeBore's record is fool's gold, taking over teams with very competitive rosters and then riding them till they buck him off.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
So can we switch back to whatever system they were using defensively previously? We're a quarter of the way in and it's obvious whatever changes they made are not working.

I feel bad for Rjondberg, Cotter and Lyscheshznsnznsnsnz. All come up and play great and have to watch worthless guys like Kolesar and Amadio play over them when players return from injury. I think you can count on one hand the number of passes in the offensive zone Kolesar has completed to someone wearing the same jersey he is. He must have incriminating photos on the coaching staff and management the way they treat him.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
So can we switch back to whatever system they were using defensively previously? We're a quarter of the way in and it's obvious whatever changes they made are not working.

I feel bad for Rjondberg, Cotter and Lyscheshznsnznsnsnz. All come up and play great and have to watch worthless guys like Kolesar and Amadio play over them when players return from injury. I think you can count on one hand the number of passes in the offensive zone Kolesar has completed to someone wearing the same jersey he is. He must have incriminating photos on the coaching staff and management the way they treat him.

Not just them. Brooks was looking very good, and we scratch him for Amadio because god knows why.... I can see it with Kolesar. He's a very high effort guy, I'm just not sure his skills will ever live up to his effort.

I swear watching Dadonov is like seeing a mini-Stone out there.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
I argue that DeBore's record is fool's gold, taking over teams with very competitive rosters and then riding them till they buck him off.

Some truth to that - but for quite some time half our roster belonged in Henderson, and we're still winning. Even now, our bottom six is for the most part horrendous.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019

Kolesar is really, really good at fishing the puck out of our goal after the other team scores, because he's always a few steps behind the play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad