GDT: Game 22: Columbus vs. Colorado | 3/3 3:00 PM EST

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009
AA42, BD17, TE20 and a 1st was a steal. Got to give credit to Howson for this trade.

Anyhow, good game to be at. I love tight - low scoring games.

Seen Porty suggests Umberger might get credit for last goal. Will have to watch replay. Seemed like all teh action tonight was on the other side of the ice and my eyes are getting old.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
It may have touched him, but I still think Anisimov should get credit for the goal. It was going to be a goal, IMO, whether it touched R.J. or not.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Agreed. It was my first live game of this season (I go to college in Virginia) and I was pumped. If you heard a guy yelling at Adrian Aucoin to get off the ice after Nikitin went down, that was me :laugh:

I actually might have heard that. Where were you? I was in the nosebleeds.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
AA42, BD17, TE20 and a 1st was a steal. Got to give credit to Howson for this trade.

Seen Porty suggests Umberger might get credit for last goal. Will have to watch replay. Seemed like all teh action tonight was on the other side of the ice and my eyes are getting old.

I'm guessing you're in the attack once end.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Filthisimov. We have a very special player in him.

That snipe was top notch.

The PP actually looked functional against a pursuing defense. Great defense from all. Really no bad turnovers or anything. Bob basically had the night off because we sustained some pressure and played solid D.

The rest of the game was a snoozer for me.

2minpenalty

Mar 29, 2011
Fun game to watch IMO I really didn't think they played all that bad. The effort was definitely there, amazing what confidence can do for Johan's game. Anisimov Calvert Cam absolutely shut down Duchenes line bc they had the speed to match them. Cody often goes unnoticed but he's just a solid defender, like his game a lot. Artie is a great 2 way player for us, happy we have him. Pretty awesome he scored on his great friend to win the game.

I agree that it was a great game. Nice to see all the young guys contributing and playing hard every shift. Your comment about Cody is accurate, he is developing into a solid D man. Bring on the Oilers!

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn

I think you're right about the trade. Every one of the players has contributed and become important parts of the team. Erixson is to me the pleasant surprise. He showed a lot of moxie towards the end of today's game (can't remember if it was in OT or the 3rd). Obviously AA had the nasty GWG and showed mettle on the defensive end. Dubinsky is being mentioned for possible captaincy, though I'd like to see better numbers from him. All three of those guys are valuable to this team.

Add in the 1st rounder? I'll be generous to Nasher and agree that his trade was good for this team.

GrimReeper

Apr 7, 2009
It may have touched him, but I still think Anisimov should get credit for the goal. It was going to be a goal, IMO, whether it touched R.J. or not.

Your logic is way off here. Geez! Umby draws the penalty, screens the goalie, and gets a deflection and you don't want him to get credit for it?

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
He's Team Whipping Boy. G-d forbid he get credit for anything that isn't horrible failure.

He should get credited for 2 goals imo. Anyone that scores a deflection off his johnson has my full respect...good stick work.

Great game, again if we could finish with a bit more regularity we'd be winning alot of these games easily. Its painful to watch a 5-3 advantage without JJ, Wiz, Anisimov (locker room), and Dubinsky, but the other guys have got to step up and execute. Nice to see some strong goal tending this last week from the tandem. I'm still hopeful one of these two can take that next step and be a strong #1. Prout is great, picking right up where he left off last season.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Plus grades (based on overall play but, like elementary school, also considers "showing improvement"): Prospal, Goloubef, Anisimov, Johansen, Umberger (for continuing to fight through some continued poor play and making some good things happen - still, not where the team needs him to be). EDIT -- gonna give Prout a plus after reading Nord's post. He played like I expected but I have some love from his game left from last season, while others may have forgotten, so he deserves to have it pointed out.

Minus grades: (based on overall play but also includes "sub-par based on recent level of play"): Dorsett, Tyutin (gets credit, though, for ice time), Aucoin.

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
Minus grades:

I want to give a minus grade to the joker a couple rows behind me who's keen observation skills (or beer goggles) helped him discover half way through the 2nd period that Cam Atkinson was short.

So we got a 2 minutes of hobbit jokes ("I didn't know they made skates to fit furry feet," "Shoot Frodo!") and special teams jokes ("We would be on a 5 on 4 power play, but it's only a 4.5 on 4 because Cam is out there.") repeated over and over and over and over and over for the rest of the game.

It made me kind of miss the guy who yells "Shoot" every time the puck crosses center ice. (But not by much)

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
We can't say that the trade for Nash was a steal or even a victory for the Jackets yet.

But I liked what I've seen from Erixon. He was a + last night in my opinion, filling in better than I thought he would for Johnson/Wisniewski. Not superb but still better than I would have expected.

Also I think Anisimov can be a Voracek replacement. He's a year older but has that same big body / ability to pass that Jake had. The plus is that he's a center and can finish very well.

The questionmarks are obviously the 1st and Dubinsky. Who do we get with the 1st, although in New York's defense they (and everyone else) expected that pick to be 25-30th. Dubi needs to stay healthy and put up some offense.

One more observation: Every time a guy blocks a puck he seems to get injured. What the heck?

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Plus grades (based on overall play but, like elementary school, also considers "showing improvement"): Prospal, Goloubef, Anisimov, Johansen, Umberger (for continuing to fight through some continued poor play and making some good things happen - still, not where the team needs him to be). EDIT -- gonna give Prout a plus after reading Nord's post. He played like I expected but I have some love from his game left from last season, while others may have forgotten, so he deserves to have it pointed out.

Minus grades: (based on overall play but also includes "sub-par based on recent level of play"): Dorsett, Tyutin (gets credit, though, for ice time), Aucoin.

Other than his solid play on the PK last night, I thought Dorse was brutal 5v5. His stone hands were in full force last night. His miss on that 1st wide open net was nightmarish. Not that he missed it, but where his shot actually went that was totally mind boggling.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Your logic is way off here. Geez! Umby draws the penalty, screens the goalie, and gets a deflection and you don't want him to get credit for it?

To me, you should only get credit for a goal if you are the reason the puck went in the net. The puck barely touched him and was going in either way. He helped set up the goal, but he wasn't the reason we scored. Anisimov is the reason we scored.

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
I want to give a minus grade to the joker a couple rows behind me who's keen observation skills (or beer goggles) helped him discover half way through the 2nd period that Cam Atkinson was short.

So we got a 2 minutes of hobbit jokes ("I didn't know they made skates to fit furry feet," "Shoot Frodo!") and special teams jokes ("We would be on a 5 on 4 power play, but it's only a 4.5 on 4 because Cam is out there.") repeated over and over and over and over and over for the rest of the game.

It made me kind of miss the guy who yells "Shoot" every time the puck crosses center ice. (But not by much)

Should've turned around and said "It looks like being tall has really worked out for you professionally."

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008

So...you sat in front of the ACA?;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad