GDT: Game #2: Wild @ Canes - 6PM CT / 2AM Finland - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Wild were outplayed most of the night.

Foligno lead the FWDs with even strength ToI. I like him a lot, but he shouldn't be leading in that stat.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
This is by far the weakest team on paper the last few years, but we will see if they have more heart and determination for winning than previous years. Still early but not looking good yet

It just feels like our team is constructed wrong (Although we don't have any way to fix it).

The league is transitioning to top heavy teams and filling out the bottom with solid/young guys. Our salary is allocated to a high number of middle six types.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Wild were outplayed most of the night.

Foligno lead the FWDs with even strength ToI. I like him a lot, but he shouldn't be leading in that stat.

It feels like he's out there all the time. I've noticed him more than any player the first two games, just by the number of times I've seen him on the ice.

Where the heck are Nino-Staal-Coyle? That line has been mostly invisible through two games.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
Lol the over reaction in this thread. Wild are one of the best teams in the league and still the class of the western conference as predicted by most coming into the season. Two games doesn't change that.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Lol the over reaction in this thread. Wild are one of the best teams in the league and still the class of the western conference as predicted by most coming into the season. Two games doesn't change that.
Not sure where you heard the Wild are the class of the conference... most seem to have us as a middling playoff team, not the class of the conference.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
Not sure where you heard the Wild are the class of the conference... most seem to have us as a middling playoff team, not the class of the conference.
Just a glance at the roster tells me they are a great team and we've seen them play that way before. As "Erin" Rodgers says RELAX

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Just a glance at the roster tells me they are a great team and we've seen them play that way before. As "Erin" Rodgers says RELAX
No need to tell me to relax, I'm not the one overreacting in this thread... I was just commenting on the one claim in your post... nothing more. ;)

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
No need to tell me to relax, I'm not the one overreacting in this thread... I was just commenting on the one claim in your post... nothing more. ;)
That wasn't meant to be directed at though although it seemed that way. I'm saying it to everyone :D

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

Most? https://www.nhl.com/news/2017-18-stanley-cup-expert-picks-predictions/c-291463038

NHL has Minnesota selected 1st in 4 scenarios, winning in a few and going to play in the Stanley Cup.

Sports Illustrated has Minnesota going to the Stanley Cup finals.

Minnesota is the 3rd Western Team in ESPN'S latest odds to win the Stanley Cup behind Edmonton and Chicago.

At this point, this team either needs to be at the top or they need to figure their crap out because it's getting tiresome to see a team back into the playoffs before getting bounced in the 1st or 2nd round. This team is way too deep and skilled to have not gone beyond the 2nd round.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Good:

Reilly - Looks so much better than last season. If he keeps this up, he might be going for a top 4 spot soon!
Foligno - I like this guy. Good on forecheck, decent with the puck, strong as hell. Something we've missed.
Zucker - One of our better forwards last night.
Stalock - Was solid all game long, even though he let in four goals, wasn't his fault we lost.
Stewart - Solid game, has been really good this season so far.

Bad:

Ennis - Seriously, this guy hasn't impressed me so far at all. Soft, loses the puck, plays die on his stick. Just a bad player with a big cap hit.
Suter - Doesn't look like his normal self. Looks slow and makes mistakes.
Brodin - Completely invisible. Took a bad penalty, no impact on the offensive zone at all, not good on the defensive zone.
Coyle - Like Brodin, completely invisible. Wake the hell up.

Last edited:

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
Nothing in the first two weeks tells you how the season is going to go. There are always teams that roar out of the gate and then fade and there are always teams that start off slow and end up having great seasons. Nashville was garbage the first two months last season.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Most? https://www.nhl.com/news/2017-18-stanley-cup-expert-picks-predictions/c-291463038

NHL has Minnesota selected 1st in 4 scenarios, winning in a few and going to play in the Stanley Cup.

Sports Illustrated has Minnesota going to the Stanley Cup finals.

Minnesota is the 3rd Western Team in ESPN'S latest odds to win the Stanley Cup behind Edmonton and Chicago.

At this point, this team either needs to be at the top or they need to figure their crap out because it's getting tiresome to see a team back into the playoffs before getting bounced in the 1st or 2nd round. This team is way too deep and skilled to have not gone beyond the 2nd round.
17 people made predictions in that link... the Wild showed up more often as a WC team than the #1 in the division, and almost as many as the #1's was how many had the Wild out of the playoffs completely... so again... even in your link, the Wild are mostly considered a middling playoff team.

Reactions: Wild11MN

Kase

May 1, 2016
On a positive note, Dumba has looked great imo. He looks much more calmer in the defensive end of the ice and seems to make mostly right decisions with the puck. I've been critical towards him before, but hopefully he continues to play this way and he'll have a big season.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
It's not news, but Sebastian Aho will be a star in this league. Kid has the brain power and vision to change games.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
It's not news, but Sebastian Aho will be a star in this league. Kid has the brain power and vision to change games.

I was surprised to see Kuokkanen made the Canes. He looked pretty good too.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Well when you actually play young players with good line mates and give them actual minutes they have success. Instead of you know Marcus Foligno.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
17 people made predictions in that link... the Wild showed up more often as a WC team than the #1 in the division, and almost as many as the #1's was how many had the Wild out of the playoffs completely... so again... even in your link, the Wild are mostly considered a middling playoff team.
I have been writing down as many predictions as I could by listening to podcasts, reading previews, etc. to see where people predicted the Wild to land in the Division. Results
1st
3rd
4th
2nd
5th
6th
7th

The most common was 1st in the division this was about 500 Plus people.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I have been writing down as many predictions as I could by listening to podcasts, reading previews, etc. to see where people predicted the Wild to land in the Division. Results
1st
3rd
4th
2nd
5th
6th
7th

The most common was 1st in the division this was about 500 Plus people.
What was the avg in that list? I think that number would be far more relevant.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
You're dealing with a very high number with a very wide spread. You could have 25% only saying #1 and have it as the most... yet you could still have a very large amount saying 3rd or less which together would far exceed the #1 predictions...

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
You're dealing with a very high number with a very wide spread. You could have 25% only saying #1 and have it as the most... yet you could still have a very large amount saying 3rd or less which together would far exceed the #1 predictions...
Like I said in the post 1st an 3rd were the most common predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad