Game 2 WHL vs Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoyen

Feb 11, 2003
St. Albert, Alberta
Visit site
tylerr said:
I think the guy that got checked from behind from Phaneuf spit at him.

yeah he did. It was Lemtuygov that got hit, then in the replay it showed him get up and spit right in Phaneuf's face. Im actually VERY surprised that Phaneuf shrugged it off

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Don_Cherry said:
This Russian goalie is not very good.

He's pretty good actually. He was peppered in the last 2 games. What were the combined shots? 90-25?

Russell's goal should have been stopped but under the circumstances he played pretty well.

Pretty disappointed with the biased officiating towards Canada throughout the tourney.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
shoyen said:
yeah he did. It was Lemtuygov that got hit, then in the replay it showed him get up and spit right in Phaneuf's face. Im actually VERY surprised that Phaneuf shrugged it off

The temptation to take his head off must have been huge. He was very disciplined. I would have liked to see if they shaked hands after the game.

To tell you the truth, I don't know how I would react to this. Phaneuf keeps on impressing me. He's improving by leaps and bounds and the areas where I felt he had slight question marks before the 2003 draft are getting really strong. He carried himself like a real captain tonight.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
shoyen said:
Yeah, he definetaly spat right in his face. I was impressed he just didn't do more about, they had something to say to each other later in the game however, after Lemtyugov hit Phaneuf from behind.

I was impressed alot by Shawn Belle, he's come a long way since draft day '03 IMO.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
My 2 cents

Ladd is more rounded than I thought...
Eric Fehr has a wicked shot....
Phaneuf should be in the NHL right now...
Chipchura is going to be a great grinder in the NHL....

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
Vlad The Impaler said:
The temptation to take his head off must have been huge. He was very disciplined. I would have liked to see if they shaked hands after the game.

To tell you the truth, I don't know how I would react to this. Phaneuf keeps on impressing me. He's improving by leaps and bounds and the areas where I felt he had slight question marks before the 2003 draft are getting really strong. He carried himself like a real captain tonight.

he may be playing his last few games of junior - if the Player's Association proposal works and the season is salvaged, the odds are that he will be in Calgary. He is playing like this every night now and is a man among boys most of the time.

brulefan#1

Jul 19, 2004
Don_Cherry said:
Brule was very dissapointing, other than his huge hit early he faded away. Didn't get a ton of ice time though. I can't see him coming close to making the national junior team, I'd be very surprized if he were invited to the camp. If he is, it will likely be for experience only, I don't think he's a good candidate to play this year.

Yah he had like no icetime. I think i counted about three short shifts a period for him. Hard to impress or be seen much when yur not given much a chance. Why was he on the starting lineup and not given much icetime.

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
Don_Cherry said:
In the end it was 5-2.

Dustin Boyd was the player of the game for Canada and he deserved it, he was very impressive. Especially for such a young guy. I'm pretty sure Voloshenko was the Russian game star. He scored the second goal and looked as good as anyone on his team, he was clearly the most dangerous player they had.

Shawn Belle was also good back on the point, Barker didn't do much. Phaneuf was good as usual. Fehr is great. Brule was very dissapointing, other than his huge hit early he faded away. Didn't get a ton of ice time though. I can't see him coming close to making the national junior team, I'd be very surprized if he were invited to the camp. If he is, it will likely be for experience only, I don't think he's a good candidate to play this year.

Brule has been playing with the Flu for the last week. He definitely wasn't himself. Had a good first period with the HIT, but faded later. The flu caught up with him. He is ill and yet Brule himself never mentioned his illness to anyone with the team
or in any interviews. Get well soon so we can see the real Brule.

SedinFan*

jtuzzi21 said:
Chipchura is going to be a great grinder in the NHL....

Chipchura's one of the most underrated picks of his draft class. In a few years, people will look back, and fans will say 'why didn't we draft this guy?'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->