GDT: Game #2 | St. Louis Blues vs. Dallas Stars | He's Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Wow, I completely disagree but your user name suggests you are a really big Barby fan. Stastny on the third line? Tarasenko with Sobotka and Barbashev? I think our best player needs our best center, I see nothing Barbashev has done to earn that role consistently. Make him earn it. But I see your suggested lines as minimizing the talent of both Stastny and Tarasenko. But at least you have a unique perspective on things. Barbashev should not play higher on the depth chart than 3C until he proves he can handle a bigger role.
Tarasenko historically produces less with Stastny than anyone else. The guy put up 70+ with Jori Lehtera, Barbashev is an upgrade for him.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Tarasenko historically produces less with Stastny than anyone else. The guy put up 70+ with Jori Lehtera, Barbashev is an upgrade for him.
Barbashev doesn't need to play Tarasenko minutes...and given he couldn't beat out Sundqvist in camp for whatever reason....you sure the heck dont reward him with centering Tarasenko.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

Uh...what? Look I like Barbashev as much as anyone, but that statement is just absurd. Stastny is still the best center we have. If Barbashev proves himself better then we can have that conversation. But for the time being he shouldn't be on the top line.

Klank Loves You

Feb 21, 2015
I think Yeo is going give guys a longer leash than to guys than Hitch did.

I'd like to see Upshall and Brodziak get more off nights. It was apparent in the playoffs that they were beat up and worn out.

I'm with everyone else on Thornburn. Sit him or waive him.

Splatter

Sep 13, 2010
St. Louis

I'd like to see Upshall and Brodziak get more off nights. It was apparent in the playoffs that they were beat up and worn out.

Just sit him. He's fine not dressing. No need to call up a youngster to sit out when they could be playing in the AHL instead.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Cracknell got put on waivers today. kinda Sad, they were just talking about at the game last night about how this is the first year he has ever had two years on the same team in the NHL

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Uh...what? Look I like Barbashev as much as anyone, but that statement is just absurd. Stastny is still the best center we have. If Barbashev proves himself better then we can have that conversation. But for the time being he shouldn't be on the top line.
i think he was referring to Lehtera. As for the historic Stastny/Tarasenko talk...numbers dont tell the whole story imo. There were stretches where they were awesome together....maybe the lows offset it too much. Stastny plays the same way Lehtera does...except at a professional level. I see no reason they wont mesh. We don't have a legit top 6 shooter for compliment Tarasenko so make the best of what you have.

this is a good point. We mostly griefed over upshall coming back but when he's on his game, you cant ask for a better 4th liner. He does everything well, Same goes for Brodziak. If it was fatigue them cutting their games down during the season would be good. Rotate Paajarvi/Megan in for them. Those guys are "done" developing and wont suffer from the newly renovated box.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Anyone else notice Hanzel left the game? It was supposed to be a short absense but ended up full game. May be something to the offseason "big woop, theyll always be hurt".

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Cracknell got put on waivers today. kinda Sad, they were just talking about at the game last night about how this is the first year he has ever had two years on the same team in the NHL

Always thought Cracknell is a decent player, he is just one of those guys that bounces around a lot in the NHL or up and down between the NHL and AHL.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Anyone else notice Hanzel left the game? It was supposed to be a short absense but ended up full game. May be something to the offseason "big woop, theyll always be hurt".
he went for a big hit at one point mid-game and missed altogether catching the boards hard, wonder if he hurt himself there

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I missed the game. Can somebody give a quick rundown of good and bad?

Schwartz-Schenn-Jaskin line was terrific - could've had a couple more goals. Pietrangelo and Allen were superb. Edmundson and Parayko were very good. Gunnarsson was good.

Bottom lines were spotty, third line especially looked out of sync. Good moments from each player, but they weren't playing as a unit. Some good plays from Bortuzzo, Stastny, Sobotka, Tarasenko, and Dunn.

I'm not on this SEND THOMPSON DOWN train. He had some nice little plays and a good shot or two. Truly wasn't bad, he just looked like a damn rookie (like Dunn does). He needs to play on a line where he'll have some opportunities and I don't think his current line is the key for that. So I'll continue to be in favor of at least returning Barbashev to the lineup - if not also Megan.

The shots look like Dallas controlled the game, but they really didn't. They pressured in the second, but had a couple of power plays off of really bad calls and most of their shots were perimeter crap. They still had some good chances that Allen shut down, but they didn't continually threaten.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
so did jaskin get bumped down to the third line to stabilize that line because he was playing well on the 2nd line or because prv has better wheels?

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Schwartz-Schenn-Jaskin line was terrific - could've had a couple more goals. Pietrangelo and Allen were superb. Edmundson and Parayko were very good. Gunnarsson was good.

Bottom lines were spotty, third line especially looked out of sync. Good moments from each player, but they weren't playing as a unit. Some good plays from Bortuzzo, Stastny, Sobotka, Tarasenko, and Dunn.

I'm not on this SEND THOMPSON DOWN train. He had some nice little plays and a good shot or two. Truly wasn't bad, he just looked like a damn rookie (like Dunn does). He needs to play on a line where he'll have some opportunities and I don't think his current line is the key for that. So I'll continue to be in favor of at least returning Barbashev to the lineup - if not also Megan.

The shots look like Dallas controlled the game, but they really didn't. They pressured in the second, but had a couple of power plays off of really bad calls and most of their shots were perimeter crap. They still had some good chances that Allen shut down, but they didn't continually threaten.

Thanks. Sounds like what we all predicted with regards to this bottom 6 has proven accurate so far :/

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
so did jaskin get bumped down to the third line to stabilize that line because he was playing well on the 2nd line or because prv has better wheels?
I would hope it was to stabilize it...because I can't complain with the way he's playing

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
After watching the abbreviated version of today’s game on NHL network. It looked like how Yeo and the Wild beat the Blues a few years back. He used the same game plan against a Hitch team. Blues let the Stars control the perimeter but for the most part kept the house sealed up.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Never thought I'd say this but moving Jaskin down a line was a terrible idea. He needs to stay with Schenn/Schwartz for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad