GDT: Game 2 | Columbus at Chicago | 10/7 8:30PM

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
When the top line struggles we're going to struggle... And Korpi -- is just widly inconsistent. Maybe we should have claimed Pickard?

Can't think of one time tonight Panarin has been fed with an opportunity to unleash his slap shot, matter of fact , he has one shot on goal. Wennberg has been utter trash tonight , maybe put Foligno on that line ?

Reactions: We Want Ten

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Chicago positioning really good. Our shots not coming from good areas and not getting second chances

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I think this was another bad decision by Torts to start Korpisalo. For Christ's sake, it's only the second game so Bob can't be tired. We're playing one of the most prolific scoring teams in hockey and we should have had our best team on the ice. Play Korpisalo next Tues. in Raleigh against a weaker team.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I think this was another bad decision by Torts to start Korpisalo. For Christ's sake, it's only the second game so Bob can't be tired. We're playing one of the most prolific scoring teams in hockey and we should have had our best team on the ice. Play Korpisalo next Tues. in Raleigh against a weaker team.
I think it has something to do with his last performance there in pre-season.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Not sure I get the goalie blame. We have mustered one and have not created great opportunity for ourselves to do better. Would we expect Bob to hold them to one?

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Not sure I get the goalie blame. We have mustered one and have not created great opportunity for ourselves to do better. Would we expect Bob to hold them to one?
Bob would have made little difference. Defense has been horrendous tonight , Wennberg and Atkinson -3 . I think we are seeing the importance of needing a number 1 center , Chicago has controlled the puck , and kept us to the outside

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Well, I guess the silver lining is Torts has something to prove to his team "you're not as good as you think you are. Keep working."

Reactions: CPTN71

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Chicago starting the season hot. We'll have some learning but it's one game of 82. My take was that there was too much stick-reaching versus engaging

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Actually Wennberg been unnoticeable two games in a row now.

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
I still am waiting to see what the fuss about bjork is. Still don’t see him as an NHL top 6 forward.

Other than that chi was better, this is game 2, they’ll be alright.

I think we need another center to move nick back to wing and put some of these younger wingers in better positions

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Panarin-Atkinson-Wennberg- Largely unnoticeable. I could have sworn they sat on the bench a large portion of the 2nd period. Korpisalo's lateral movement was horrible on the Ruuta goal (cross ice pass from Kane).

I won't take too much stock in this game, but...
Maybe, I'm crazy... I'm just not sold on Korpisalo being NHL ready, even as a backup..

I agree on Korpi.

In my opinion he made the NHL too easy.. Wasn't spectacular in Finland (only played half a year in the elite league) and played like ~30 games in the AHL with average save %. He had a good start when he got the opportunity but sometimes that's what happens when young guys get the chance to play in the big league.. which is not sustainable.

Last year he was absolutely terrible at times in the NHL and was probably the worst goalie for us in the WC i've ever seen.

Just feels like he never got the seasoning he should've.. tough to fix your consistency issues when you're the backup in the toughest league.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Well, it's also a good reminder to all of us that there's a long way to go this year. Seemed like there was parade-planning in the GDT last night. It was a great game, but let's put the brakes on all this talk about this being the best Jackets team ever until we get past the first week at least.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Well, it's also a good reminder to all of us that there's a long way to go this year. Seemed like there was parade-planning in the GDT last night. It was a great game, but let's put the brakes on all this talk about this being the best Jackets team ever until we get past the first week at least.

This is accurate. Well said

Reactions: hardkorejackets

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I woudnt freak out too much, we were playing off a back to back and oh hey the hawks totally didnt just start the season with two home games against back to back teams hahaha lets just pretend that was a coincidence. That being said, Patrick Kane is a different animal than anyone we have, especially at home. The Hawks played well and we didnt but it isnt that hard to see that Kane basically schooled Columbus and Korpi wasnt up to bail us out. Not saying he played awful but that 4th goal with him leaving a wide open net was pathetic. The guy settled the puck, looked down, up, waved to Kane for the nice pass, and still had time to score. When you have players that take over games along with a good defense, you are going to be hard to beat. Not worried about Wennberg but the entire team was playing a bit scared after they let in that first goal. On to the next

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad