Post-Game Talk: GAME #2 - Canucks vs. Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
that speed is also going to make a lot of teams PK units look bad this year. The NHL seems to be calling a lot more this year and they had the #3 PP last year with Horcoff and Smyth getting a lot of ice time. This year J.Schultz and Yakupov will be getting some PP time so it could be one of the best again.

After the first two games do Canuck fans still want Luongo traded or make them compete for starts? As an Oiler fan I'm torn on this. On one hand I'd love to see Luongo get traded and then see Schneider **** the bed but the Canucks would obviously be getting some valuable assets back to address current weakness' on the roster. If he stays they could both play lights out all year...... Tough call personally.

Schneider won't **** the bed, I can guarantee you that. If we're basing year long performance on one game, I guess someone should take back Lundqvist's Vezina as he's been absolutely atrocious numbers wise the first two games.

Schneider is as good as his numbers show. He is the most athletically able goalie after Quick, and the most technically sound after Price. That's why Luongo will get moved anyhow, but I'd prefer it in the off season because I honestly think Washington might mail it in and trade for him in the summer.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
As an Oiler fan I'm torn on this. On one hand I'd love to see Luongo get traded and then see Schneider **** the bed but the Canucks would obviously be getting some valuable assets back to address current weakness' on the roster. If he stays they could both play lights out all year...... Tough call personally.

Schneider won't **** the bed, I can guarantee you that. If we're basing year long performance on one game, I guess someone should take back Lundqvist's Vezina as he's been absolutely atrocious numbers wise the first two games.

Schneider is as good as his numbers show. He is the most athletically able goalie after Quick, and the most technically sound after Price. That's why Luongo will get moved anyhow, but I'd prefer it in the off season because I honestly think Washington might mail it in and trade for him in the summer.
Nice post but....pointless. I said I'd love to see it, just like I'm sure you'd love to see RNH, and Schultz fail. Thats what opposing fans do

craigcaulks*

Nice post but....pointless. I said I'd love to see it, just like I'm sure you'd love to see RNH, and Schultz fail. Thats what opposing fans do

But we aren't discussing the Oil replacing a player with either of those 2.

And actually, I just like seeing the Oilers fail. It isn't player specific. My issue though has been with HOW WELL they have failed.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Eager is injured and out day-to-day due to "facial swelling".

But yeah, Kassian *totally* lost that fight, guys. :sarcasm:

Its unfortunate, but I think Kassian just ended Eager's career that night. He's been diagnosed with yet another concussion.... at this stage in his career, just retire already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad