GDT: Game 18: VIVA LAS VEGAS: Baby we need some goals!!!!! 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Gotta wonder a bit as well. This guy is near 25 and doesn't get close to seeing an NHL game unless 5 goalies in front of him on the depth chart spontaneously combust. But now he'll get to tell grandkids about those dozen NHL games and dreams never dying..

All the way from the ECHL Missouri Mavericks. I'm sure there wasn't any NHL or bust signs on his Datsun.

Hey, this guy played in Bakersfield too, hey, hold on, wait a sec...;)

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
A 7th rd pick for Jokinen would have been good for me. Now can he swing a trade for Strome.

I think we need to give Strome a year. He's had moments where he's looked decent but you can't expect much from him when he's being dragged down by our horrible bottom six. When we're fully healthy a 3rd line of Cags-Strome-Slepy might give us some depth scoring.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
What a lot of people dont seem to realize is that Vegas is not a typical expansion team of the past. There are a lot of very solid NHL players on that team that were made available (in many cases) due to the cap implications.

The pre cap expansion teams looked nothing like this team does. That more than anything explains why Vegas has a pretty strong bottom 6. They benefited greatly from the new League environment.
Add in some hard work and a simple system and you have a competitive team.

If Vegas actually picked the best players available instead of making some side deals then I think they would have been a playoff team. What they're dong right now is amazing considering they have only had Fleury for 4 games before he got injured.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
I think we need to give Strome a year. He's had moments where he's looked decent but you can't expect much from him when he's being dragged down by our horrible bottom six. When we're fully healthy a 3rd line of Cags-Strome-Slepy might give us some depth scoring.

If anything he's setting himself up for an absolute bargain contract renewal. If they can re-sign him for 2X2, he'll be a decent stop gap.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
If Vegas actually picked the best players available instead of making some side deals then I think they would have been a playoff team. What they're dong right now is amazing considering they have only had Fleury for 4 games before he got injured.

Oh I agree...the goaltending thing defies logic. I just dont get it. I think that the reverse of what is happening with the Oilers is happening with the Knights.
They have something to prove and no pressure on them at all. Its all gravy for them. Its fun.
The Oilers have the weight of major expectations...they look tight and likely aren't having much fun.
I also think that team is running off of the high energy of being the new kids on the block.
That said they do have a lot of balance in their lineup.
There are a number of players I wouldn't mind seeing on the Oilers. :nod:

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Can't help but think Vegas is playing their way out of Dahlin who could be a generational defensive prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad