GDT: Game 18: VIVA LAS VEGAS: Baby we need some goals!!!!! 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I don't care what any one says, Vegas is off to a fluky start, they are a horrible team. We should roll over them tonight.

'Should' being the key word. With this team, you just never know what you're going to get. I think our forward lines are flawed, but I"m not going into that again. Just win. Don't care how ugly it is. Don't care if every win we get is ugly -- just make the playoffs.

I've said this before, but so far this season reminds me a lot of our season 2 years ago: When Klefbom went down with an injury, our team took a nose-dive and we bottomed out right after that (the McDavid injury didn't help either, of course, but we still looked competitive until Klefbom went out). Now it looks the same to me without Sekera. A concerning lack of depth on D then, and it's the same now. Calgary was very smart to come into the season with five top-4 Dmen, while we went in with (and still have) only 3, IMO: Larsson, Klefbom and Nurse.

Anyway, whatever, just win the game and pray for a winning streak. Just do it. Tonight is the game Klefbom wakes up. I can feel it (not really, just hoping).

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I am loving everyone here calling Vegas garbage.
They aren't as good as their record but they are absolutely not a garbage team. Like I demonstrated they are actually a deeper team than we are.

They are a bubble team but then again so are we.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I agree. Vegas is garbage and they are starting to come back down to earth.

With that being said , the Oilers have looked pretty crappy up to this point especially at home .

Just please win.

Please .

What a lot of people dont seem to realize is that Vegas is not a typical expansion team of the past. There are a lot of very solid NHL players on that team that were made available (in many cases) due to the cap implications.

The pre cap expansion teams looked nothing like this team does. That more than anything explains why Vegas has a pretty strong bottom 6. They benefited greatly from the new League environment.
Add in some hard work and a simple system and you have a competitive team.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
We are a team with zero depth against a team that is all depth. No all stars but a lot of good hard working guys.

If their goaltender plays well we lose. If they have a bad game we got this.

Neal is pretty darn close, and is a better sniper than anyone we have. But yeah, it's going to come down to how well their goalie plays, and how rebounds/bounces go. A goalie like Legace, you need to be crashing the net on virtually every shot, as he's going to give up more rebounds than most other goalies in the NHL, or should. I haven't watched him a lot, but his SV% isn't great. This a golden chance (pardon the pun) to get our shooting percentage up . We'll see.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Vegas might be the 3rd best team we have faced this season record wise. Lol at people in here claiming we are going to light Vegas on fire when we cant even light teams like the Canucks and Red Wings. Red Wings must have the worst crop of dmen in the league and we scored 0. On a Sunday afternoon snoozefest. Right now my heart tells me Oilers win 7- 2 ! but my brain tells me Vegas 3-1.

ps: Oilers with Vegas bottom 6 = best team in hockey.

Last edited:

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I never understand the fascination with McDavid's points. Don't you want the team to win? I'd rather be in the playoffs with him having 80 points then him having 100+ and missing which is likely what is happening this year.

You did see my username right ? He better not finish behind Gaudreau in any full season. Never. F that. My tv is flaying out the window if McDavid ever finished behind Gaudreau. Mind you its a Tube TV.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
@EdmontonOilers trade for Mike Cammalleri. @Nhl Jussi Jokinen goes the other way.

per Nick Kypreos on twitter

Dam ! what is Chiarelli thinking ! Cammalleri wont be in by tonight and we lose Jokinen ! We needed Jokinen for tonights tilt ! He was such an integral part of our bottom 6 ! Now we don't have 1 less player that will be invisible for tonight ! #Firechia

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
I feel this is going to be a tough one to watch. Alot of posters are taking Vegas for granted, I feel the Oilers will do the same.
The success of Vegas isn't a fluke, they're a tenaciously hard-working team with alot of players flourishing under Gallant. Will Karlsson is looking beastly the past few weeks.

I unfortunately kind of think they might just have their way with Edmonton tonight.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I am loving everyone here calling Vegas garbage.
They aren't as good as their record but they are absolutely not a garbage team. Like I demonstrated they are actually a deeper team than we are.

They are a bubble team but then again so are we.
I would think its bad mojo karma to call a club above us in the standings garbage but what do I know? ;)

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
All right 4th string goalie Maxime Legace prepare to channel your inner 1998 Dominik Hasek.

If we can ever start scoring goals again, this guy looks promising..

nMmd1AA.png

Reactions: Forgot About Drai

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
All right 4th string goalie Maxime Legace prepare to channel your inner 1998 Dominik Hasek.

Maxime?

OK, theres lots of things I can say here about a goalie name Maxime and I'm resisting...;)

I'll behave myself, I promise.

ps this goalie looks very accustomed to giving up 3 or more goals at almost any level of hockey. The Knights would do better making an emergency call up phone call to the Golden Bears for a one game contract. Not that I'm trying to be helpful to them...

whoops, did I jinx karma now?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
You did see my username right ? He better not finish behind Gaudreau in any full season. Never. F that. My tv is flaying out the window if McDavid ever finished behind Gaudreau. Mind you its a Tube TV.
I hope you've been busy in the gym if that is the case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad