GDT: Game 18: VIVA LAS VEGAS: Baby we need some goals!!!!! 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Makes you wonder if McDavid has told TM that he wants Drai on his line. His refusal to even try different lines seems weird to me.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
In regards to McLellan and most of the team: "A little less conversation a little more action please" ;)

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
I try to undestand Jesse didn't have any practise time with the team before the first two games, but if he doesn't get any PP time today I'm disappointed. His shot was around 100mph already in 2015 and it's obvious the PP could use someone who can shoot and dish the puck.

In the last two games the 2nd line has been the best of the team, but the 1st line finally woke up a bit in the 3rd period against the Capitals. I hope they continue from there tonight.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I try to undestand Jesse didn't have any practise time with the team before the first two games, but if he doesn't get any PP time today I'm disappointed. His shot was around 100mph already in 2015 and it's obvious the PP could use someone who can shoot and dish the puck.

In the last two games the 2nd line has been the best of the team, but the 1st line finally woke up a bit in the 3rd period against the Capitals. I hope they continue from there tonight.

I could understand if JP wasnt get PP time because the PP was killing it, but the PP has been pretty bad this year. I see very little adjustment by the coaching staff despite the special teams being bad. That being said they didnt get a PP against washington, and they havent gotten many PP this year and JP just came to the team, so we dont know what TM plan with him is.

That being said I will be surprised if JP gets any PP time unless he just starts lighting it up. TM doesnt seem to want to make any changes lately.

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
Makes you wonder if McDavid has told TM that he wants Drai on his line. His refusal to even try different lines seems weird to me.

Didn't someone write here that would be the case. Of course that doesn't mean it's true and I'm always careful not to make strong (or any) conclusions from one post. If Jesse keeps playing like he did in his first two games, and especially against Rangers, I wouldn't be surprised if McDavid wants to give it a go with him at some point. If McDavid and Drai play in the same line they need to bring results.

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
I could understand if JP wasnt get PP time because the PP was killing it, but the PP has been pretty bad this year. I see very little adjustment by the coaching staff despite the special teams being bad. That being said they didnt get a PP against washington, and they havent gotten many PP this year and JP just came to the team, so we dont know what TM plan with him is.

Yes, that's true. I already managed to forget there was no PP time against Washington. If TM has watched any videos about Jesse he should know PP is where he can really shine. I didn't watch the preseason games but from you guys comments I read he looked very promising on PP in his last preseason game. Easy to imagine as in the other leagues and national teams it's been beautiful to watch his PP game.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Every game is a must-win now. The guys have to be at least a couple of games over .500 by the new year

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Sure, but around the league you find examples of depth players that are actually our former players and that are better players than what we are currently using in the respective positions. I mean Perron is better than Strome right? Just as example. McNabb afairc, from LA was also unsuccessfully shopped to other teams rather than losing him outright. They wanted Vegas to have to pick Gaborik. Getting anything for McNabb would of course have been preferable for LA.

Actually a fair argument can be made, and has been, that the expansion draft offered other clubs multiple potential of deals that could save other member teams from losing a desired player outright, for nothing.

This argument as you know has been applied as well concerning Neal, the Knights best player. Of course the Preds would have preferred some kind of deal and getting some asset in return instead of losing Neal.

Perron played significant time on the top two lines while here, he is doing the same in Vegas. Strome is mainly being used on the 3rd line...but I'm not even sure why you're comparing the two, or what your point is about McNabb and Gaborik.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009

I like how they used a picture of Mark Letestu. He's been the poster boy of the team's failures tbh. I was hoping Chia would extend him after his playoff performance but I'm thinking we look for a replacement.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Want to see where all of our scoring went?

Hall 17 GP 6G 13A 19 Pts
Eberle 17 GP 6G 7A 13 Pts
Perron 16 GP 5G 9A 14 Pts

Then you have guys like Pouliot, Desharnais, Yakupov, etc outproducing the likes of Ryan Strome and everyone else in our bottom 6. Also don't forget what we could have had in Barzal. There is another 14 pts out of him. Oilers Management has completely gutted pretty much all of the scoring depth on this team, and for what exactly? Just to get"bigger" and "meaner"? That's not going to win you games in this league. May as well acquire the Hanson bros while at it

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
If the Oilers win tonight they are potentially only 2 points out of the Wildcard. The whole West has been hot garbage this season. Still have time to turn it around but can't be losing games like this to the Las Vegas Island of Misfit Toys.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Want to see where all of our scoring went?

Hall 17 GP 6G 13A 19 Pts
Eberle 17 GP 6G 7A 13 Pts
Perron 16 GP 5G 9A 14 Pts

Then you have guys like Pouliot, Desharnais, Yakupov, etc outproducing the likes of Ryan Strome and everyone else in our bottom 6. Also don't forget what we could have had in Barzal. There is another 14 pts out of him. Oilers Management has completely gutted pretty much all of the scoring depth on this team, and for what exactly? Just to get"bigger" and "meaner"? That's not going to win you games in this league. May as well acquire the Hanson bros while at it

This post is almost as pointless as the Oilers bottom 6.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Perron played significant time on the top two lines while here, he is doing the same in Vegas. Strome is mainly being used on the 3rd line...but I'm not even sure why you're comparing the two, or what your point is about McNabb and Gaborik.
We traded a topsix player for Ryan Strome. So clearly I would have an expectation in that trade, and along with the club saying so, that Strome was pencilled in for the topsix here. Why is another question.

I agree players like Perron are far more skilled.

You were the one that mentioned the expansion draft as a reason for Vegas depth, but what you don't mention, and lot of pundits have, is that any good player that Vegas picked could have been dealt if some other team was making offers.

It stands to reason that teams would rather have assets in return for good players and lose somebody else in the draft instead.

The expansion draft actually provided a unique one offseason only opportunity for a lot of GM's to get on the horn and see which players clubs were fearful of losing and might want to deal instead. Given that Vegas has acquired multiple good depth players and we could use them its curious Chia didn't utilize this opportunity.

Who here wouldn't want Neal in the lineup? Anybody?

Now who wouldn't rather have a Neal than a Strome? Anybody.

What prevented a 3 way deal or some kind of package?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad