GDT: [Game #15] Dallas Stars vs. Arizona Coyotes – 7:00 PM CT (BSSWX)

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
well, we've got a long break till next game. should be plenty of time for you capologists to work out how we resign duchene.

what's his nickname anyway? i feel something like, 'the duke' would work. it's probably something boring like, 'matty'

• Haha
Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Still weary of re-signing Duchene

He has been absolutely fantastic

But he is also playing for one last big retirement deal, and he also must be keenly aware that this season will be his best (and maybe only) chance at a Cup

Seems like a deal we would regret severely within a year or two of it starting

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South

But he is also playing for one last big retirement deal, and he also must be keenly aware that this season will be his best (and maybe only) chance at a Cup

he doesn't really have the rep of ever being a lazy player though, right? and playing with a good team, org, culture can bolster a player to stay at the top of their abilities.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

I hope Duchene sees the value in the organization treating veterans right. He was in a state of shock when Nashville bought him out, meanwhile all you hear about Dallas' organization is that Jim Nill will ensure that his players are treated with class and respect.

I'm sure there's a number that Duchene wants to hitat UFA - but he's also going to be getting paid 1.5M annually by Nashville until 2029, which I would imagine helps keep that # down from a Dallas perspective?

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019

He has bad vibes everywhere he goes. Nashville couldn't wait to unload him he is never a favorite of the coaching staff. Long term deal no way.

I hope Duchene sees the value in the organization treating veterans right. He was in a state of shock when Nashville bought him out, meanwhile all you hear about Dallas' organization is that Jim Nill will ensure that his players are treated with class and respect.

I'm sure there's a number that Duchene wants to hitat UFA - but he's also going to be getting paid 1.5M annually by Nashville until 2029, which I would imagine helps keep that # down from a Dallas perspective?
He should not have been in a state of shock there was 100% a strong reason why.

I really hope we can keep Duchene

If Seguin wakes up from hibernation and robo is back to being at least elite we are the best team
Can they all stay healthy?

• Haha
Reactions: Elysian

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
He has bad vibes everywhere he goes. Nashville couldn't wait to unload him he is never a favorite of the coaching staff. Long term deal no way.

I preferred it when "vibes" were called "intangibles". ;)

Pardon me if I seem unmoved by the analysis of a Canadiens fan after dealing with the past couple years of your brethren telling us how much we overpayed for Dadonov which was preceded by the a season of being told how we were supposedly gonna be giving up a 1st+ for Petry. :sarcasm:

In all seriousness though, long term deals with older guys are always a bit of a risk, but if Duchene keeps up his play for the rest of the season, the Stars have to seriously consider it since, without him, Seguin and Marchment are basically a 14+ million dollar black hole of cap space, lol.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
I preferred it when "vibes" were called "intangibles". ;)

Pardon me if I seem unmoved by the analysis of a Canadiens fan after dealing with the past couple years of your brethren telling us how much we overpayed for Dadonov which was preceded by the a season of being told how we were supposedly gonna be giving up a 1st+ for Petry. :sarcasm:

In all seriousness though, long term deals with older guys are always a bit of a risk, but if Duchene keeps up his play for the rest of the season, the Stars have to seriously consider it since, without him, Seguin and Marchment are basically a 14+ million dollar black hole of cap space, lol.
Touche, but what deal would you actually throw his way?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
We also have to make room for Bourque and Stankoven at some point. The spots currently occupied by Duchene, Pavelski, and Dadonov (conveniently one on each scoring line) are where most of us are penciling in Borky/Stanky next season and beyond.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
We also have to make room for Bourque and Stankoven at some point. The spots currently occupied by Duchene, Pavelski, and Dadonov (conveniently one on each scoring line) are where most of us are penciling in Borky/Stanky next season and beyond.
pavs will likely retire after we win the cup this year, so that's one spot.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
pavs will likely retire after we win the cup this year, so that's one spot.

That's the dream

Can't see Dadonov staying after his contract is up either. But by then we'll have a much better idea of what we've got in Bourque/Stank. Plus if the cap ceiling finally fixes itself, there should be money for another splash in FA.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
When the Stars announced a new jumbotron being installed before the season, I didn't think much of it, but this thing is impressive. The stats and images inside the bottom ring are kinda gimmicky, but the picture quality of the main screen is amazing.

PXL_20231115_005522225.jpg

They're also constantly updating these player tracking stats like fastest shot, most distance skated, and ice time. They also show fastest skater. I took this partway through the second period.

PXL_20231115_022829615.jpg

My only suggestion to this addition is to also show the same for the opponent. They were only giving these numbers for Stars players. I'd like to see the teams compared and also to see how their best players measure up.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
When the Stars announced a new jumbotron being installed before the season, I didn't think much of it, but this thing is impressive. The stats and images inside the bottom ring are kinda gimmicky, but the picture quality of the main screen is amazing.

View attachment 768617
yeah, you gotta be in the front few rows to get any benefit from the inside screens, but i guess it's nice for them. (and they're funding it with those prices)

but for sure the rest is excellent.

Reactions: Troy McClure

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
yeah, you gotta be in the front few rows to get any benefit from the inside screens, but i guess it's nice for them. (and they're funding it with those prices)

but for sure the rest is excellent.

I wonder if a fair chunk of the benefit for the inner screens is so the teams themselves can see them more

Reactions: Satan

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
I wonder if a fair chunk of the benefit for the inner screens is so the teams themselves can see them more
For some reason they only show videos and stats on the side views. The end views are just ads, waste of potential usage there.

Reactions: LT

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2