GDT: Game 13: Sharks vs. Oilers 7:30pm ESPN+ and Hulu only

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
The best thing about trading Meier was making the team worse in the short-term, and not adding another long-term contract to the books.

Sharks were still outplayed, but I appreciate that they competed and didn't collapse when there was adversity.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Rewatching this game since I didn’t get to see it live… who exactly was saying that Eklund and Hertl don’t have chemistry? Those two and Zetterlund are a classic F2-F3-F1 combo if I’ve ever seen them, they look good together. I’ve wanted to see that line together ever since we got Zetterlund.

I’m officially not worried about Eklund anymore. He’s a top-6 forward, full-stop.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Rewatching this game since I didn’t get to see it live… who exactly was saying that Eklund and Hertl don’t have chemistry? Those two and Zetterlund are a classic F2-F3-F1 combo if I’ve ever seen them, they look good together. I’ve wanted to see that line together ever since we got Zetterlund.

I’m officially not worried about Eklund anymore. He’s a top-6 forward, full-stop.

I’ve enjoyed watching him a ton. I can’t wait to see him with a. Better talent around him (that’ll happen one day right? Right?!) and b. With a year of NHL experience under his belt,

He’s so smart, he really thinks the game a step ahead and it lets him do these brilliant little passes, steals, etc. I think he’s only going to get better as a player. They’re totally different stylistically, but just the very obvious elite hockey sense reminds me of Pavs.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I’ve enjoyed watching him a ton. I can’t wait to see him with a. Better talent around him (that’ll happen one day right? Right?!) and b. With a year of NHL experience under his belt,

He’s so smart, he really thinks the game a step ahead and it lets him do these brilliant little passes, steals, etc. I think he’s only going to get better as a player. They’re totally different stylistically, but just the very obvious elite hockey sense reminds me of Pavs.
i like how even keeled he is. probably the one benefit of playing for bad teams his whole life.

YUPPY

Oct 5, 2020
After losing to the Sharks, the Oilers relieved head coach Jay Woodcroft and assistant coach Dave Manson of their duties. The Oilers named the their AHL coach Knolbauch their new head coach.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Great article in the Athletic about how this coaching change, and the quotes, interviews, and general process around it, show that there's a changing of the guard in EDM and Holland is probably on his way out, slowly.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
Great article in the Athletic about how this coaching change, and the quotes, interviews, and general process around it, show that there's a changing of the guard in EDM and Holland is probably on his way out, slowly.
I heard Holland was planning to retire at the end of the year anyways. So they might just let him ride off into darkness (since there is no sunset for him to ride to)

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
I heard Holland was planning to retire at the end of the year anyways. So they might just let him ride off into darkness (since there is no sunset for him to ride to)
I was about to comment the same thing, but in typing I realized what a stupid idea that is for the Oil.

Ancient people didnt let disease spread throughout the body once it was identified - they lopped off limbs. The Oilers need to do the same. Like, let's not forget Chiarelli signed Koskinen to that garbage contract like days before he got fired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad