GDT: Game 10: Preds @ JiffyLube 7:30 PM Going For A "Primm"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Like I said in the OP, this was a tall order.

Oilers are probably the second best team in the NHL right now and we were getting them on the second of BTB with a backup goalie.

But except for the patented Two Minute Two Goal Brainfart that happens to us periodically, we played these guys pretty even. Our money players scored our goals, the Power Play scored, and we stayed out of the box pretty well.

Even an emotional reactionary like me cant be too upset about this one.

But someone else will need to pick up the ball on the GDT next game.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Like I said in the OP, this was a tall order.

Oilers are probably the second best team in the NHL right now and we were getting them on the second of BTB with a backup goalie.

But except for the patented Two Minute Two Goal Brainfart that happens to us periodically, we played these guys pretty even. Our money players scored our goals, the Power Play scored, and we stayed out of the box pretty well.

Even an emotional reactionary like me cant be too upset about this one.

But someone else will need to pick up the ball on the GDT next game.
Yeah, and we actually did play MUCH better overall than last night (which still isn't saying much), despite the final scoreline. I'll take .500 at 10 games. It's not playoff worthy, but it's better than it could have been and we knew we were in for a wacky season.

Not sure if either can play the left side but would like to see Myers (or I guess back to Boro) back in to play with Benning and bring up Afanasayev to drop Rocco for the next game. Harpur hasn't been good this season. Josi needs to rein it back a bit as well and get the defensive side settled.

4EDM14OIL93

Jan 12, 2011
Delayed penalty. The oiler fell before the Pred player even touched him. :laugh:

The Oilers team went from likable to entitled, diving jagoffs real quick.
I think you need to watch the replay again. Lol

Was a dangerous play and McDavid could have easily been injured with the way his knee bent

4EDM14OIL93

Jan 12, 2011
Aww poor baby can't handle some contact? They cried about it enough all night long.
Watch the replay. It’s not at all like they described it. Yes the best player in the world can handle some contact, and he did. He made a nice play to get the puck up the ice to seal the game

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I didn't follow along for the GDT, but the Tolvanen, RyJo, Grimaldi line was surprisingly effective. Herd line got caved pretty hard, but it looked like they caught some tough matchups.

I thought our defense played a pretty tight game through 2, and overall the 5v5 was worlds better than Calgary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad