GDT: Game 10: Columbus vs. Toronto | 10/25 7PM EDT

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
The start of game 3 was the loudest sporing event I have ever been too. Game 4 was the loudest game from start to finish. Last years finale was just under game 4.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I went to both playoffs and I was at finale last year. It Was loud at the end but for the most part, nothing has ever compared to those playoff games IMO. Can you imagine how loud its gonna be when we win a playoff game, this year!!

Which is why I can't believe anyone even questions whether Columbus is a hockey town. The city is begging for it and once the team is consistently winning (which I firmly believe is right around the corner) that roof is going to blow off every night.

JrussJacket

May 26, 2004
Twitter @jrusscbj
Which is why I can't believe anyone even questions whether Columbus is a hockey town. The city is begging for it and once the team is consistently winning (which I firmly believe is right around the corner) that roof is going to blow off every night.

So close! :yo:

Those playoff games, even know we lost, are special moments in my life. I certainly will never forget them and I get chills to this day thinking about them! Then I think about where we were then, as a franchise, and where we are now! Just rewatched the highlights of game 4...Crazy to see the roster turnover from then to now. Modin, Chimera, Russell, Commodore etc. Certainly, the future is very bright!

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
The owners, both father and son.
They let this team become a joke!
And now that they are trying to be respectable.
I should just forgive and forget?

Kinda like a alcoholic that's been sober for 2weeks,
Should I believe him when he says "I'll never drink again?"

I never judge any team by its owner, unless it is to think how lucky/unlucky the team is to have such a good/bad owner. But expecting owners to approach it like a fan is generally a mistake.

Yes, I think you should forgive and forget, for your own sake, because they're doing us proud these days.

To your analogy, 2 weeks is a very short period of time, and these guys have been out of rehab for almost a year now!

:cheers:

Look, IDC what any of you think of me.
I'm just stating my opinion,
If your opinion of me is,
I'm not a fan...oh well.
To each their own.

Agreed.

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
So close! :yo:

Those playoff games, even know we lost, are special moments in my life. I certainly will never forget them and I get chills to this day thinking about them! Then I think about where we were then, as a franchise, and where we are now! Just rewatched the highlights of game 4...Crazy to see the roster turnover from then to now. Modin, Chimera, Russell, Commodore etc. Certainly, the future is very bright!

Game 4 was an unbelievable experience. I also get chills just thinking about the arena experience that night. Funny thing was, I almost didn't go after the game 3 slaughter. I thought "Why subject myself to that again?" Almost drove away from the arena, but I figured if I didn't go and support my team, some loudmouth jackass from Detroit would take my spot and make the experience that much worse. That game was absolutely electric and the back and forth just made the crowd louder and louder as the game went on. It was a shame we lost that game. The crowd itself almost willed the team to victory and the fans deserved better even if it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the series.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Being from Cleveland and a die hard tribe fan, attendance issues are all too common. The Indians are loved in this city, yet during our playoff stretch we were consistently drawing 9,000-12,000 a night. That's all sports talk radio was on about.
As far as the jackets attendance issues go, I honestly think those days are numbered. I wore my cbj sweater out last night in downtown kent. I had about 10 people want to come up and talk hockey, and they even had the replay of the game on in 2 separate bars. This team is catching on with the casual fan and not just in Columbus but up north as well.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
As far as the jackets attendance issues go, I honestly think those days are numbered. I wore my cbj sweater out last night in downtown kent. I had about 10 people want to come up and talk hockey, and they even had the replay of the game on in 2 separate bars. This team is catching on with the casual fan and not just in Columbus but up north as well.

Very good to hear!

bizzz*

If the Blackhawks fans were still mad at Bill Wirtz they would have missed a couple Stanley Cup wins.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Football ends in November? What plebe school are you affiliated with anyway?;)

trouble.gif

* * *​
I believe they're called stanzas.

hatsoff.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad