Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
November 22nd, 2004. Quebec City

I see there's not much interest in this series, this time around. :D

Can't say I watched the first period, but I just flicked it on and at the start of the 2nd period the score is currently 1-1. Russia's goal was scored by Radulov and assisted by Yunkov and Voloshenko (sp?).

Ohh, Lyamin just missed nailing Bernier.....

Rosters:
Russia
Quebec League All Stars

*Roster notes* - Obvioulsy Crosby is an ommission from the Quebec lineup and Radulov is in for the Russians.

Last edited:

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the goal scoring goes as follows: (through two periods)

Quebec: Boisclair, Bourret and Picard
Russia: Radulov and Yunkov

From what I saw in the second period, Russia is definitely not being dominated. Even though Yunkov's goal wasn't impressive (as Tremblay was caught fishing), he really stood out in the 2nd period and that whole line is dangerous everytime they're out.

RDriesen

May 22, 2002
Visit site
can anyone tell me about plehanov's play. he was an out of the nowhere pick by the jackets last year and hes a +2 so far

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
They've allegedly been a dynamic line for a couple of years now, really productive in international play. It seemed a natural assumption that they would be reunited. Looks like they have picked up right where they left off.

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
Radulov is looking great...

Provided he can continue his development, I see him on Nashville's first line within three or so years. He's a talented thinking player with a tonne of heart... quite the perfect combination.

In my 'top 50 list', he easily makes the cut.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
3-3 tie.

Game will be decided by a shoot out.

Radulov scores, Shirokov scores. 2-0 Russia

Edit: Voloshenko goes five-hole and puts this one to bed for the Russians. 3-0 shootout win.

The True Blue Crew

Jun 11, 2004
steps to the ACC
yeah, quite a bruiser.

Radulov's good, :bow: Voloshenko is awesome.

what's with numerous penalties at the end of the game going one way ?
i mean both teams were equally physical, but oh well, what a game!
much better and improved russian team from last year's horribly-performing squad.

Looking forward to OHL vs Russian Selects game !!!! :lol:

markov` said:
Voloshenko is a pure goalscorer. One guy who really impressed me is Steve Bernier, this guy will be a powerforward in the NHL.

acadienboy

Oct 31, 2004
I wasn't impressed of Tremblay he was caught fishing on the 2 goal and the 3 goals during the shutout were all between the legs.But i was impress of Radulov and S.Bernier he is working hard and has great skills

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
oil slick said:
Radulov Yunkov Voloshenko Khudobin looked good.

Trembley was fairly useless.

Khudobin was amazing. Is he usually that good? Kudos to the Minnesota scouts in the Khudobin and Voloshenko picks of '04.

Trembley needs to cover that five hole. Burnt, burnt and burnt again.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
RDriesen said:
can anyone tell me about plehanov's play. he was an out of the nowhere pick by the jackets last year and hes a +2 so far
He looked like he knew what he was doing, he played a smart game. Nothing flashy or anything, but Plekhanov did seem smooth with the puck too..... I noticed his first passes out of the zone were clicking. Not the biggest of guys though, especially for a defenceman.

Russian D-man Mikhailshin(sp?) looked huge out there, kind of awkward on his skates, but how tall is he?

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Boomhower said:
Russian D-man Mikhailshin(sp?) looked huge out there, kind of awkward on his skates, but how tall is he?

I dont know but Lyamin is 6'3 and he looked average to slightly small when standing beside some of those other monsters on Russia's blue-line during the introductions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad