Value of: Gallagher to the Oilers

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
I believe Gallagher would be a good addition to the oilers to play with drai not mcdavid but not at the cost of rnh. Gallagher is on a good contract one the oilers could afford to take on if there was a deal to be made without using rnh

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I don't mind the Strome + 9th overall offer but i'd probably go down a similar trade to what was worked before between the oilers & the habs (Subban-Hall).

Assuming both teams don't move at the draft by more than +/- 1 position.

EDM:
4th overall pick
57th overall pick
Brendan Gallagher
David Schlemko

MTL:
9th overall pick
40th overall pick
Nugent-Hopkins

I threw in Schlemko to even out the salaries mostly, albeit Edmonton would still be saving a bit.

Reasoning:
Edmonton gets a RHD RW able to play on their top two lines in top of getting another top end winger from early in the draft.

Montreal gets a 2C, and first dibs at the best C available in this draft + move up in the second round for an overall better rebuild to take place.
No chance the Habs would do this. Another bad proposal for the Habs.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
I don't mind the Strome + 9th overall offer but i'd probably go down a similar trade to what was worked before between the oilers & the habs (Subban-Hall).

Assuming both teams don't move at the draft by more than +/- 1 position.

EDM:
4th overall pick
57th overall pick
Brendan Gallagher
David Schlemko

MTL:
9th overall pick
40th overall pick
Nugent-Hopkins

I threw in Schlemko to even out the salaries mostly, albeit Edmonton would still be saving a bit.

Reasoning:
Edmonton gets a RHD RW able to play on their top two lines in top of getting another top end winger from early in the draft.

Montreal gets a 2C, and first dibs at the best C available in this draft + move up in the second round for an overall better rebuild to take place.

That's way worse than 9th + Strome.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Would rather just keep RNH as McDavid's winger, they played great together. There is no reason to trade RNH for a winger at this point. Would love to add Gallagher to the Oilers lineup, but no trade seems to make any sense.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
The piece Edmonton mosts covets is Shea Weber.

Pretty much one of the only pieces RNH would be moved for. Would add 1st.

No. Weber is way to expensive for us, old, and injured. We need pieces like dumba or Spurgeon.

That contract will be worse then lucic in a few years.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
No. Weber is way to expensive for us, old, and injured. We need pieces like dumba or Spurgeon.

That contract will be worse then lucic in a few years.

Maybe but I expect Weber to only play another 4 or maybe 5 years max and then he'll retire. He has 4 more seasons at a 6 million dollar salary which falls to 3 million in the 5th season and to 1 million per season for the final 3 seasons.

I can't see Weber playing those final 3 seasons for 1 million per season and maybe not even that 3 million dollar season depending on health. If he retires early the contract will be the Preds problem if the NHL enforces the recapture penalties which I highly doubt they will.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
He's actually from BC. He says NO to Edmonton, on principle.

Google is your friend.

upload_2018-4-23_11-38-29.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-23_11-37-47.png
    upload_2018-4-23_11-37-47.png
    258.7 KB · Views: 1

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Gallagher is from BC.

Sure he was born in Edmonton but moved to BC around middle school. His family is well-known around the Richmond area. So basically his formative years were in BC.

He is not the pride of Edmonton guys, he doesn't come back there every summer. Why would he?

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Gallagher is from BC.

Sure he was born in Edmonton but moved to BC around middle school. His family is well-known around the Richmond area. So basically his formative years were in BC.

He is not the pride of Edmonton guys, he doesn't come back there every summer. Why would he?
Gallagher was born in Edmonton, Alberta, but grew up in Tsawwassen, British Columbia, after moving there with his family at the age of 12.
So that means he's actually from Edm.

Reactions: Dan Kelly

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Gallagher is from BC.

Apparently Brendan Gallagher who was almost 13 when he moved from Edmonton started playing hockey in BC.....lol. He had no interest in Hockey until he moved to BC guys. he has no ties in Edmonton despite living 70 % of his time in Edmonton until drafted into the NHL.......I mean c'mon the 4 1/2 years he spent in BC makes him a BC boy. Who cares about Edmonton......:laugh::huh: he hates Edmonton......

Charles Bushman

Apr 22, 2018
:laugh::laugh:
Unfortunately Oilers would need to dump salary on top of any trade they make.

Love Gally. And in the event of a rebuild (Also dont see MB ever going in that direction), he would get a LOT more from most other teams in the league.

He was born in Edmonton, where he spent most of his childhood.
He has lived in BC since he was 12. He identifies as a Vancouver guy. Then again who would willingly admit to being from Edmonton? :laugh:

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Not this year.

You're confusing point production with best player.
Malkin had more points than Crosby.
Wheeler had more than Scheifele.
Barzal more than Tavares
Etc etc.
To call Gallagher the Habs best player is a statement made to argue that his perceived value is higher than it actually is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad