Value of: Galchenyuk (Blowout Edition)

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Galchenyuk for RNH makes sense for both teams.

Edmonton frees up cap space and get rid of an overpaid commodity they have a lot of (playmaking center). Acquire a younger sniping winger that's shown goal scoring ability who's contract is up a year earlier if all else fails, while taking 1.1mil less per.

Montreal get's their talented playmaking center, albeit at an high but manageable cap and signed long term, while only giving up a guy that's fallen out of favour with the team.

Makes some sense . I also would put Galchenyuk on the top line with McDavid and trade Maroon for a D

Galchenyuk McDavid Puljujarvi
Lucic Draisaitl Yamamoto

Problem is TMac is so pig headed he won't give players a chance to fine chemistry which will become a problem as it only gives the Oilers 1 effective line

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Base on last year Montreal would be the team downgrading .
Yeah. But in HFboards dome, if you are a Avs fan, Duchene could not have lost value following his last year's breakdown, But Galchenyuk lost a lot of value after his inury last season ans his poor start (4 games by the way) this season.

And if you ask Habs fans, it is the opposite.

People here are delusional and to emotional.

Galchenyuk is a 1st line winger and Duchene is a 1st line semi center/winger. So advantage Duchene here.

Galchenyuk is three years younger, earns less money and for 1 more year than Duchene. Advantage Galchenyuk here.

Offensively Galchenyuk = Duchene
Defensively Duchene > Galchenyuk
Advantage Duchene here.

In the end, Duchene is a better player than Galchenyuk but age and contract makes the difference alot smaller than people think.

As ahabs fan, i wouldn't think Galchenyuk would get us Duchene 1 vs 1. As the proposed adding parts go, i value them like this :

2018 1st round pick
Mete
Juulsen
Poehling

If i am the Avs, i ask for the 1st pick because there are chances this pick is top 10 in a very stacked draft. And if they are asking for a future top 4 D, the one they would draft with that pick would absolutely be better than Mete and Juulsen. If i am the Habs, it's an categoric no.

I would also think, based on what i've seen so far this year, Mete is also a no go for Mtl as he is LH puck moving D and that's exactly what the doctor ordered.

That leaves Juulsen. The Habs are very high on him but you have to give a young promising D in the package and Habs are set on RD for years.

Poehling is a lower value prospect than Juulsen but from Habs POV, he probably is untouchable since he is a center.

So has a Habs fan, i would be inclined to add Juulsen to Galchenyuk to get Duchene but that's it. Adding anything to that is pure delusion, let alone a possible top 10 pick.

Reactions: Heinekinz

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Willing to add Valimaki and Lindgren/Mcniven?

I personnaly think that Galchenyuk would be a prolefic RW. He scored a lot on this side
You want Bennett and a recent first for a struggling Galchenyuk? You adding a random B prospect does not even that out.

I might do Valimaki (this year's 16th overall pick) plus random B prospect from the Flames for Galchenyuk. Basically the equivalent of a 12ish overall draft pick. That's more in the realm of what Galchenyuk is worth.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Yeah. But in HFboards dome, if you are a Avs fan, Duchene could not have lost value following his last year's breakdown, But Galchenyuk lost a lot of value after his inury last season ans his poor start (4 games by the way) this season.

And if you ask Habs fans, it is the opposite.

People here are delusional and to emotional.

Galchenyuk is a 1st line winger and Duchene is a 1st line semi center/winger. So advantage Duchene here.

Galchenyuk is three years younger, earns less money and for 1 more year than Duchene. Advantage Galchenyuk here.

Offensively Galchenyuk = Duchene
Defensively Duchene > Galchenyuk
Advantage Duchene here.

In the end, Duchene is a better player than Galchenyuk but age and contract makes the difference alot smaller than people think.

As ahabs fan, i wouldn't think Galchenyuk would get us Duchene 1 vs 1. As the proposed adding parts go, i value them like this :

2018 1st round pick
Mete
Juulsen
Poehling

If i am the Avs, i ask for the 1st pick because there are chances this pick is top 10 in a very stacked draft. And if they are asking for a future top 4 D, the one they would draft with that pick would absolutely be better than Mete and Juulsen. If i am the Habs, it's an categoric no.

I would also think, based on what i've seen so far this year, Mete is also a no go for Mtl as he is LH puck moving D and that's exactly what the doctor ordered.

That leaves Juulsen. The Habs are very high on him but you have to give a young promising D in the package and Habs are set on RD for years.

Poehling is a lower value prospect than Juulsen but from Habs POV, he probably is untouchable since he is a center.

So has a Habs fan, i would be inclined to add Juulsen to Galchenyuk to get Duchene but that's it. Adding anything to that is pure delusion, let alone a possible top 10 pick.

Doesn't help the Avs at all. They end up with a lesser forward and a very mediocre defensive prospect. What they need is a single good defensive player. Splitting Duchene's value makes no sense for them.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Funny how a player can gain, lose, regain value in a 2/3/4 games span... Welcome to HF fellas
Yes. When you take an inconsistent player and relegate him to the bottom lines, that impacts value. Hockey is a business and coaches don't typically blacklist players for personal reasons. This suggests that either Galchenyuk is not capable of playing within the Montreal system or has attitude problems. From an outside perspective, it certainly raises questions, which in turn reflects on value.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I really dont think its terrible but for your sake chucky + lernout + 1st 19'
That is terrible for the leafs. Nylander has the potential to be a PPG winger very soon. Trading him for a bag of lesser parts would be horrendous value.

Unless Montreal wins a draft lottery, they don't have the pieces to acquire a player like Nylander. You have to be realistic and look at cap, age structure, team needs, etc.. Adding a bunch of random assets together does nothing.

Reactions: loyaltotheend

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Doesn't help the Avs at all. They end up with a lesser forward and a very mediocre defensive prospect. What they need is a single good defensive player. Splitting Duchene's value makes no sense for them.
So, it would make sense only if they get a better player...

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado

No, it only really makes sense for the Avs if it's a one for one trade, Duchene for a good LHD, or a Duchene for LHD+. Having a lesser forward be the centerpiece of a Duchene trade, with a mediocre D included, doesn't solve any of the Avs perceived issues,and more than likely makes the team worse.

Of course, if Zadorov and Bigras can keep improving on what they've shown so far this year, even a one for one for a LHD might not make much sense for the Avs.

Reactions: blankall

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
No team is trading you a significantly better forward for Galchenyuk plus. Those trades only happen when a team is forced to make a trade. So forget about W. Nylander or Duchene. The issue is the trade has to fit team needs. Adding up a bunch of smaller pieces for "value" never works.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
No team is trading you a significantly better forward for Galchenyuk plus. Those trades only happen when a team is forced to make a trade. So forget about W. Nylander or Duchene. The issue is the trade has to fit team needs. Adding up a bunch of smaller pieces for "value" never works.

Sakic is forced to trade Duchene

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
If he thinks he had a hard time under Therrien, just wait, Julien is much more demanding on the defensive side. Look who failed under him, Seguin, Wheeler, Kessel and Hamilton.

Reactions: Heinekinz

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
He doesn't have to be traded immediately. Also they'll be better offers than Galchenyuk. If Montreal thought that was a possibility, they'd be showcasing Galchenyuk instead of burying him.

That's assuming we have a gm knowing what he does though which at this point, is a stretch.

Last edited:

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Lindren and McNiven arent so random B prospect. Im pretty sure that somes will pretty high on them.

That said, I understand your point, im just not ready to do a Bennett - Chucky straight up trade. I need an upgrade and not on lower level on the NHL. Do you consider the offer if I would replace our goalie by Scherbak or McCarron?

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Sakic is forced to trade Duchene

Eventually, maybe. Right now, Duchene is playing well, and is still has next season under contract. By all accounts, he's had a great attitude since reporting to camp and the team is winning. They're 4-1 and have allowed 1 ES goal. Right now, there's almost zero chance they make a move.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
82 games >>>>>>>>>> 4 games . By your logic Yakupov has more value then McDavid because after all 3 games is the tell all

Apparently sarcasm needs to be clearly marked for everyone to get it.

But, shouldn't it really be 61 games >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4, since that's all Galchenyuk actually played last year? And I could easily point to all the years when Duchene outscored Galchenyuk (it's more than 61 games), or that it took Duchene having a career worst season on a historically bad team for Galchenyuk to beat him by 2 whole points, but you seem to be having fun thinking that Galchenyuk is better than Duchene, and I wouldn't want reality to ruin that for you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad