Gagner's chemistry with Kane

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
The main question I'm asking here: do these players make each other that much better or are they so good they could be playing this well with anyone?

It seems like these two had far and away the most chemistry in the OHL (I won't say in the CHL because I think the Bashkirovs have them beat), but I don't know for sure because I haven't really watched them play. Would it be worth the effort for a team like Chicago to take Kane with the first and then trade up to get Gagner around 12?

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
They'd probably have to trade up before 12 if they wanted a shot at Gagner.

Of course Kane and Gagner have great chemistry, but they both had stretches where they played well without the other one on the same team (Kane with the US) or in the lineup (Gagner had some big nights when Kane was sick/injured).

So I wouldn't be too worried that one of them is simply a product of the other one, they can both get it done. They certainly play well together, but I don't think it's worth a king's ransom to keep them together.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Marc Antoine Pouliot is not half the player Crosby is as his center but I think Gagner is different. Still The Oilers have this in the back of their minds as they screwed up that pick.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I could see them going to the same people... they have sedin-like chemistry...

Gagner's bigger and a great passer... Kane is smaller and a good scorer.

Chicago could use that.

Fatbiggie

Unregistered User
Jul 30, 2005
Marc Antoine Pouliot is not half the player Crosby is as his center but I think Gagner is different. Still The Oilers have this in the back of their minds as they screwed up that pick.

Pouliot didn't played with Crosby in his draft year, Sid came to the Q for the 03-04 season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad