Waived: Gabriel Dumont (Claimed by Tampa)

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

Just to address the incoming confusion preemptively, Tampa does not get first dibs at Dumont.

The waiver priority order is the same as always (reverse standings).
The only sort of advantage Tampa gets is that if they are the only club that puts a claim in on Dumont, they can immediately send him to the minors without waivers.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Quite the short stay in ottawa . Hurt for most of it.

I'll be surprised if he isn't picked up for a depth 13th forward

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
A bizarre pick-up likely inspired by Boucher, the guy gives 110% but doesn't have the tools to play NHL imo.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
The twitter quote says he makes $650k next season but it's not true as he is on a 2-way

Gabriel Dumont - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Capfriendly says he makes $200k next year but I heard on the Sens board that he is guaranteed $300k IIRC
He will make $650k next season if he is in the NHL the whole season. That's all that's meant by it.
Typically when reporting contract values, two-way salaries are irrelevant and you just go with the theoretical value - especially because you typically claim a waivers player only if you think they have NHL value and you are prepared to pay them their NHL salary.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Quite the short stay in ottawa . Hurt for most of it.

I'll be surprised if he isn't picked up for a depth 13th forward
I think he's the worst player I have seen dress as an Ottawa Senator in quite some time. Thats really saying something with Oduya on the team and the likes of Mccormick playing here and there. 0 skill small, average speed works hard. I dont even see him being a top 6 forward in the AHL.

Glad to see Dorion has started to take control of the team back from Boucher. This along with the Phaneuf trade are two good moves in a row by Pierre I lost a bet with my barber Dorion.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Apparently you can’t state the obvious on this thread, though it’s posted by many on other threads.
He’s a Quebec born, french C.
Habs like that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->