Gabe Gauthier

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Seachd said:
Does anyone think this guy stands a chance of being signed by an NHL team? He seems to be a good player, but he's on the small side.

He's only a sophomore, so I'd wait at least a year. He'll have a shot to win another championship next year (although losing Coner, Dora, Berkholder and Caldwell hurts) they get Stansy which should be good to see how he does. Gauthier should get picked up by somebody though, although I would be shocked if it was this summer if thats what you meant.

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
montreal said:
He's only a sophomore, so I'd wait at least a year. He'll have a shot to win another championship next year (although losing Coner, Dora, Berkholder and Caldwell hurts) they get Stansy which should be good to see how he does. Gauthier should get picked up by somebody though, although I would be shocked if it was this summer if thats what you meant.

He definitely has the skills, and if he puts up big #'s in the next couple years he should get signed. I went through all of this season thinking for some reason he was drafted only to find out he wasn't. I never did figure out why, maybe he was ranked by CSB but not picked or something, anyway....I think that size is the only thing holding him back.

And to add to the comment about Denver....Sure they can win again, no one would have picked them this year to win, and you def. can't count them out next year. They lost some key guys, but it isn't just Stastny coming in either. May,Paukovich, Mannino and Andy Thomas are all ranked to be (possibly) drafted in June.

flamesfan01800

Jun 30, 2003
Saskatoon, Sask
Visit site
This is the same guy who the Saskatoon Blades drafted a few yrs back in the bantam draft and he never did report to the team. Does anyone really have an idea why he didnt report. He would have been probably a pretty good player for them

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
montreal said:
Okay, that makes sense. I didn't even think to check his age. Thanks!

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Gauthier is actually still draft eligible this year as he's an '84 birthdate. I haven't heard anything about any teams being interested but I suppose he'd be worth a late pick at least considering the year he had.

PuckFan01

Apr 14, 2002
Visit site
cagney said:
Gauthier is actually still draft eligible this year as he's an '84 birthdate. I haven't heard anything about any teams being interested but I suppose he'd be worth a late pick at least considering the year he had.

I don't see Gauthier making it on the next level. He doesn't skate particularly well and when you add that to his lack of size, he is unlikely to make it. He is a good passer though.

Denver won't win it next year. They weren't even one of 2 or 3 best teams in their own league this year but they rode a hot goalie for four games and won when it counted. I expect them to be in the bottom 5 of the WCHA next year.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
PuckFan01 said:
I don't see Gauthier making it on the next level. He doesn't skate particularly well and when you add that to his lack of size, he is unlikely to make it. He is a good passer though.

Denver won't win it next year. They weren't even one of 2 or 3 best teams in their own league this year but they rode a hot goalie for four games and won when it counted. I expect them to be in the bottom 5 of the WCHA next year.

I would agree that the odds are against him making it but thats true of all 8th and 9th round picks.

I would definetly be surprised to see Denver repeat. The final game this year seemed so anti-climatic that I often have to remind myself the season is over and DU are the champions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad