Post-Game Talk: G6: Sabres @ Russian-less Caps, Part 2 | 1/24/21 | 3p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Lavi is playing the game to rules for points awarded rules the best he can with out current roster. So far is 100% in getting points. So far so good

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
3 points for a regularion win would just create more regulation ties. Losing a divisional game in regulation will drive more conservative play. Dead horse kicked. Onward
I think you are wrong. You don’t care to see the opposite viewpoint.

so yes. Onward. Nothing to see here for you. I get it. Not a big deal. All friends :)

Reactions: HTFN and Calicaps

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Caps is not turtling OT. Quite opposite.

They are making useless one man rushes or trying to force offence the second they get the puck, and lose possession because of it. Then the other team will hold on to puck for a minute while passing down to goalie and skating to their own end.

Sabres had the possession propably 8:30 for the last 10 minutes of OT, but id say we propably had atleast equal amount of quality chances anyways.

Hard to attack on 3on3 when your opponent has the puck. Turtling would be to pass to your goalie and keep the puck out of harms way.

Our team is just not build for 3on3 hockey. Hard to play catch with Jack Eichel if you are rugged up 35 years old. Good thing is that the childs play goes out of the picture when playoffs start.

Last edited:
Reactions: AussieCapsFan

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I think the Turtling in 3 on 3 OT would be sending out the PK line of Dowd and Hags 2nd shift of OT. That screams playing for SO

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I think the Turtling in 3 on 3 OT would be sending out the PK line of Dowd and Hags 2nd shift of OT. That screams playing for SO
When you're missing 4 of your key 3-on-3 skaters, you don't exactly have a ton of depth to avoid sending out Dowd and Hagelin (especially after Dowd has been one of their better skaters during this stint).

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
When you're missing 4 of your key 3-on-3 skaters, you don't exactly have a ton of depth to avoid sending out Dowd and Hagelin (especially after Dowd has been one of their better skaters during this stint).
Im fine playing like this tonight if it gets us more points. Barry and the NYI will be a test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad