GDT: G53: Wild @ AZ, 8:30pm CT (BSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
4 in a row, baby!
Captain Ek leads the way once again. The first line is deadly and how about Bogo's game tonight?
Foligno is really not needed anymore.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Goal posts are red
The goalie crease is blue
You f*** with my mask?
No goal for you.

~MAF

maf mask.png

Kinda was told a year or two ago that you just don’t throw Emma out there, she’s special….

Only to be used on special occasions

It is valentine's day... (I had to)

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
Something’s gotta be coming, both Merril and Mermis 6 minutes and change TOI.
How long can Wild keep that up?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Kinda was told a year or two ago that you just don’t throw Emma out there, she’s special….

Only to be used on special occasions

Now for the real response. I made a GDT and had fun doing it for the first time in a long time. So that makes it a special occasion for me.

My crappy cards weren't very good, but I hope people had some fun with them.

Happy Valentine's Day. May you get lucky tonight (yes, your own hand counts). :thumbu:

Reactions: Roman Maroni

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Hynes dropping another "IDENTITY" in the post game presser.
DRINK

One day I'm going to be bored and make a clip of the coaches, players, booth, and GM saying some variation of "identity" on camera. I could probably get a couple hundred of just Evason saying "identity line" without really trying.

Reactions: EazyE1

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I'd think about putting our 2nd round pick in play if there was a viable non-rental LD option out there.
Seeler maybe? Not signed next year but budget friendly and familiar.

I personally would be hoping for a depth right hander if we are spending assets. A #5 on the right would be huge for the next two seasons, and allow for easier insulation of our young LHDs while also allowing us to ease Spurgeon back in the lineup next year. Roy out of LA still stands out to me as a target. I don’t think just a second gets us there, but shuffling Duhaime or other depth with it might work for a team looking to make a shakeup.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Seeler maybe? Not signed next year but budget friendly and familiar.

I personally would be hoping for a depth right hander if we are spending assets. A #5 on the right would be huge for the next two seasons, and allow for easier insulation of our young LHDs while also allowing us to ease Spurgeon back in the lineup next year. Roy out of LA still stands out to me as a target. I don’t think just a second gets us there, but shuffling Duhaime or other depth with it might work for a team looking to make a shakeup.
I'd be hoping for somebody more towards Middleton's level for the 2nd. I don't think Seeler is that.

I'd be good with Faber-Spurgeon-Bogosian down the right side if we can bring Bogosian back. I think the left side is lacking with none of the LDs really standing out in Iowa. Cut Merrill and let Mermis be the 7th D.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I'd be hoping for somebody more towards Middleton's level for the 2nd. I don't think Seeler is that.

I'd be good with Faber-Spurgeon-Bogosian down the right side if we can bring Bogosian back. I think the left side is lacking with none of the LDs really standing out in Iowa. Cut Merrill and let Mermis be the 7th D.
I don’t watch much Philly at all, but I think that they are pretty comparable, I might be underselling Middleton a bit, but even starting out with us I thought Seeler was a good enough depth guy.

I have concerns about bringing Bogo back, have really liked his contributions, but he is so slow and that is only going to get worse and worse, another year and he very easily could be Merrill status for results. If he was our 7th next year, I would be pretty happy I suppose. Mermis and Merrill can each go anywhere but here IMO.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don’t think Bogo is slow, just a bit clunky. He was a very high draft pick…4th oa?… had all the tools but could never stay healthy, and turned out to not have the greatest hockey sense.
He is a step up from Seeler if he can stay healthy, especially since he is RH.
Middleton is 1 1/2 steps up from Seeler. I don’t get spending a 2nd on him when we have a plethora of young LHD prospects ready for 3rd line duty next yea, if not sooner.
Right now we have to stay the course and continue to build up our prospect pool. Sooner or later we will hit on one of the mid round picks that we are not trading away, now that Fletcher is gone. Even if we squeak into the playoffs, Nickie will not be a guy that will even come close to turning us into a contender, so why bother? He is a bottom pairing LHD entering his 30’s…do we really want another one of those?

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I don’t think Bogo is slow, just a bit clunky. He was a very high draft pick…4th oa?… had all the tools but could never stay healthy, and turned out to not have the greatest hockey sense.
Middleton is 1 1/2 steps up from Seeler. I don’t get spending a 2nd on him when we have a plethora of young LHD prospects ready for 3rd line duty next yea, if not sooner.
Bogosian is terribly unhealthy and has played over 60 games like twice since 2015. Also, Seeler is not the same player he was while here. He’s improved quite a bit and would 100% be an upgrade over any of the bottom-pair options we currently have.

Not saying we should spend the assets to attain him, but rather pointing out that he has turned himself into a useful NHLer.

The Iowa guys need to make their mark on the AHL before we start reserving spots for them.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Right now we have to stay the course and continue to build up our prospect pool. Sooner or later we will hit on one of the mid round picks that we are not trading away, now that Fletcher is gone. Even if we squeak into the playoffs, Nickie will not be a guy that will even come close to turning us into a contender, so why bother? He is a bottom pairing LHD entering his 30’s…do we really want another one of those?
Bogo is the last Thrasher that is still in the league, I like him as a depth guy for sure, he is quite competent, but whether you want to say clunky or slow, he struggles to get to pucks in time to make clean plays, and because of that, his offense is limited and if that deteriorates even slightly more it will turn him into a turnover problem.

I don’t see a major distinction between Middleton and Seeler personally, a lot closer to .5 a tier if anything. Middleton has better puck control and is more offensively inclined, but Seeler plays an actual physical role better and is a better positional defender. He also plays both sides a bit I believe.

I just miss having a bottom pairing that isn’t a complete shitshow. Rookies are unlikely to solve that problem next year. Maybe Peart can be my saving grace, I guess.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Bogosian is terribly unhealthy and has played over 60 games like twice since 2015. Also, Seeler is not the same player he was while here. He’s improved quite a bit and would 100% be an upgrade over any of the bottom-pair options we currently have.

Not saying we should spend the assets to attain him, but rather pointing out that he has turned himself into a useful NHLer.

The Iowa guys need to make their mark on the AHL before we start reserving spots for them.
Would that be true with Chisholm? I admittedly know nothing about him and have been dying to see him play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille