G Mikhail Berdin (2016, 157th, WPG)

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
He wasn't doing so hot outside of that 59 save performance, but the last two weeks he's been on fire. I just attribute that to adjusted to North America.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
His issue is that he is too scrambly right now, which is why he is so inconsistent.

His upside is up there with Sorokin, Shestyorkin and Samsonov, but he isn't as polished.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
The Russians might have legitimately produced a top goalie prospect in every age group since the 94 age on to the 99 age group ( as far as I know -Zhukov). Scary to think how far they've come in terms of developing goalies.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
The Russians might have legitimately produced a top goalie prospect in every age group since the 94 age on to the 99 age group ( as far as I know -Zhukov). Scary to think how far they've come in terms of developing goalies.

I've mentioned this earlier, the fact that Russia wasn't producing any quality in goal last decade perhaps is a reason behind this.

Talented youngsters that might have tried out for forward position decided to try goaltending.

Perhaps similar is happening on D.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
57 save performance to finish the season. He's faced a lot of rubber in some games this year and has the second best save percentage in the USHL. Can anybody that's seen him live this year give us view of how he's progressed over the year?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
His best asset is his puck handling skills. So underrated. If your goalie can move the puck, then you have another option for a breakout pass. Did you guys see that breakaway pass Berdin dished on Friday? Pretty good. He's also a very aggressive goalie, and will likely have to rein it in some. All in all, I like what I see.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Solid game. He's calm. Right now outplaying Sukhachev for the starter role.We don't have a top goaltending prospect this year, but Berdin looks like he could amount to something in the future.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Kept Russia in the game when they were down 3-0, came out with the win. Happy with how he played and I love how well he can play the puck most of the time. There's the odd time it goes horribly wrong, if he can pick his spots a bit better that's a huge asset.

Reactions: untouchable21

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Berdin continues to play very well. Scores a goal tonight and gifts us with the greatest celly of all time:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad