G Ilya Sorokin (2014, 78th, NYI)

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I hate that he is staying in Russia another 3 years... I LOVED checking this thread before he signed that but now I try to rarely open it cause its just a big tease lol

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Isles could use a legit goalie in the worse way. Obviously the true test is time in the NHL but Sorokin right now is the isles best chance at a franchise goalie. We just have to hope he comes over.

Reactions: My3Sons

NHL RankKing

Fantasy Guru
Aug 31, 2013
Hockeytown
www.nhlrankking.com
With the news this week that it looks as though Samsonov has verbally agreed with the Capitals, you'd have to wonder if a similar deal will be offered soon to Sorokin. Right now, I believe Sorokin has a contract until 2019-20, but I have no idea if there is an out clause?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
With the news this week that it looks as though Samsonov has verbally agreed with the Capitals, you'd have to wonder if a similar deal will be offered soon to Sorokin. Right now, I believe Sorokin has a contract until 2019-20, but I have no idea if there is an out clause?
Absilutely different cases. Sorokin is starter. Samsonov is a backup behind an undisutable starter who might go to the Olympics. What's the win for Sorokin in leaving early? He is making money,he is playing.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Absilutely different cases. Sorokin is starter. Samsonov is a backup behind an undisutable starter who might go to the Olympics. What's the win for Sorokin in leaving early? He is making money,he is playing.

I don't think it would be leaving early. He could probably compete for a starting spot in the NHL next season. Worst case scenario, he's a back up. He's an NHL'er right now. He'll be 23 next season.

Players should stay in the KHL until they are NHL ready, I don't like when players leave before the NHL draft or right after it or if they don't do well their first season after the draft. They are free to choose to do whatever they want, but I would suggest as soon as you can hold a regular NHL role, you should join the NHL.

Sparksrus3

NYI - THE TEAM WITH NO ❤️
Jun 2, 2012
Is he even the best goalie on his team ?
His backup is 13-1 , 1.14 GAA. , .944

This is a league where Nigel Dawes is consistently one of the top scorers every year.
The NHL is a whole other can of bananas . Anyway , It would be great to have him
Over here . The hype or buzz would be fun to follow. Soderstrom will make our NHL team before Sorokin .

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I guess it is way more than the ELC he'd be getting. Why shouldn't he earn some insurance money before leaving?

If I could make a lot more money and play in my home country I would too. I’m just curious how much he’s actually paid and the difference from what his ELC would be?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
If I could make a lot more money and play in my home country I would too. I’m just curious how much he’s actually paid and the difference from what his ELC would be?
Money is not officially disclosed in the KHL. So only Sorokin and team management know for sure. From what was leaking I am guessing it is way more than a million USD and at russian income taxes of course. I would not be surprised if it is around 2 million.

Reactions: SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Money is not officially disclosed in the KHL. So only Sorokin and team management know for sure. From what was leaking I am guessing it is way more than a million USD and at russian income taxes of course. I would not be surprised if it is around 2 million.

That’s not significant if it is in fact 2mil. I’m pretty sure an ELC comes with Bonuses and he could make 2-3 million.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Please come and save the islanders crease from destruction
He was interviewed now and made some clear statements:

-the decision to sign for 3 years was well thought of and discussed within the family

-money was one of the factors

-he is not worried at all about coming to the NHL at 25 and considers it okay for a goaltender

Сорокин о том, почему он не уехал из ЦСКА в «Айлендерс»: «Много факторов. Финансы в том числе»

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

-the decision to sign for 3 years was well thought of and discussed within the family

-he is not worried at all about coming to the NHL at 25 and considers it okay for a goaltender

Сорокин о том, почему он не уехал из ЦСКА в «Айлендерс»: «Много факторов. Финансы в том числе»

25 is the perfect age for a goaltender to become a starter. I understand his decision.

Selfishly I just want him here! LoL

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC

So does he want to come play in the NHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->