G Carter Hart (2016, 48th, PHI)

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
But you just said LOOK AT THE STATISTICS. Now its watch the games. Glad its a good goalie dull. which team is better infront of their goalie Just curious?
The statistics back up what I'm saying, as well as watching the games. Which part don't you understand?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Debatable.

Not in the case of Vasilevskiy. He was a significantly better prospect than Hart. The best since Price. Its really not all that close between the two of them. I guess you could debate Samsonov vs. Hart, but Samsonov is also a year older, even if he was even as a prospect. He probably isn't though.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Should have also won CHL goalie of the year last season. Still the first ever goalie to win the award twice. Was also a nominee for CHL player of the year.

Im very optimistic about Hart. Im predicting a Hellebuyck/Holtby/Vasilevsky type of upside and development

Snotbubbles

Oct 25, 2007
What about him? Oh, was he drafted a little higher?

Would you like me to do a scouting report search for you? Here goes one from Hockey Writers

https://thehockeywriters.com/carter-hart-the-next-ones-nhl-2016-draft-prospect-profile/

Has Carter risk at 2.5, reward at 3.5. Compared to Braden Holtby.

Here is the writeup on potential: "His calmness in net is reminiscent of Carey Price and Jonathan Quick. While he’s not the biggest goalie, his athleticism and quickness makes up for what he lacks in size. If his numbers in junior – and those he put up at the Ivan Hlinka tournament – are any indication of what this kid can do, he could end up being a relatively successful NHL goalie with potential to earn a starting job."

https://thehockeywriters.com/andrei...ospect-profile-khl-hopper-or-nhl-backstopper/

Has Vasilevski risk at 1.5, reward at 4.5. Compared to Carey Price and Nikolai Khabibulin.

Here is the writeup on potential: "Number 1 Starting Goalie."

I'm sure I could go through many more scouting service reports to show that Vasilevski was a much more highly regarded prospect than Carter Hart.

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
Best "Canadian" Goalie prospect since Price.....does that work better? lol

Kid is going to be a stud, with Philly about to gear up based on their top level prospects, that will be a killer team for a long time.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
Friendly reminder that he's a PHILADELPHIA FLYERS prospect. Kid could be second coming of Dominik Hasek, he's still gonna fail between the pipes in philly.

Friendly reminder...Philly hadn't drafted a really good defenceman in....forever. Now they have Provorov, and Ghost, with Sanheim/Myers/Morin up and coming.

Hextall has also drafted several goalies and Sandstrom looks like he could be a good one too.

I'm sure your teams GM is exactly the same as every other previous one, but Hextalls actually building through the draft...which is something new in Philly.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
He was the first goalie taken in what was considered a bad draft for goalies. He has since Excelled at the junior level. I don't think its fair though to compare him to guys who have already been playing against men in pro leagues. I often think of what corey scnhneiders career would have looked like had Vancouver not had luongo when i think of hart.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
It's ridiculous he fell to 48, he was so hyped before the draft as the next Carey Price. I wanted him pretty bad.. but then we drafted korshkov lmfao

Reactions: Rebels57

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
No one can deny how good his Jr numbers are but goalies are still voodoo to me. Having a good/AHL season next year will go a long way, but he could also take a step back like most AHL rookie goalies.

Reactions: Flukeshot and Jtown

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
At least a few months to prove he's too good for the AHL too. I'm happy to wait, we've got a lot of Carter Hart in our future.

I saw someone say he's one of the best goalie NA prospects of all time. A lot of hyperbole there for sure, but he's breaking records every year.

yekcoh2006

Aug 8, 2016
At least a few months to prove he's too good for the AHL too. I'm happy to wait, we've got a lot of Carter Hart in our future.

I saw someone say he's one of the best goalie NA prospects of all time. A lot of hyperbole there for sure, but he's breaking records every year.

Putting up those stats in the WHL makes me think he may just be the best goalie prospect ever. I think he should be the Flyers' starter right from the outset of training camp. This season, he will have no trouble making the jump from dominating against kids younger than himself in the WHL to dominating against men in the NHL. The only question that remains is how many Vezina trophies will he win during his career. My guess is he will make us all forget about the likes of Jacques Plante and Dominik Hasek.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->