G Carter Hart (2016, 48th, PHI)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
TC certainly gave Hart and Everett a hard time with their offense. Nice to see Hart gut it out and get the win.

On to the next series.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
He should definitely NOT go to the NHL, not at all. He should go to the AHL for a year and then attempt to make the NHL out of training camp the year after.
Yeah because there's never been another 20 year old goalie in the history of the NHL to come in and have success. Matt Murray was barely 22 when he won a cup and Hart is a much better prospect than Murray was.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Yeah because there's never been another 20 year old goalie in the history of the NHL to come in and have success. Matt Murray was barely 22 when he won a cup and Hart is a much better prospect than Murray was.

Both Vasilevskiy and Samsonov are better prospects than Hart, Vasi spent time in the AHL and Samsonov will spend time there as well. If Hart crushes it in the AHL than bring him up. The AHL though has a history of chewing up 20yo rookie goalie prospects and I'm starting to get worried about people's expectations of him.

Reactions: Tripod

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Both Vasilevskiy and Samsonov are better prospects than Hart, Vasi spent time in the AHL and Samsonov will spend time there as well. If Hart crushes it in the AHL than bring him up. The AHL though has a history of chewing up 20yo rookie goalie prospects and I'm starting to get worried about people's expectations of him.
Debatable. Also, their respective teams had Ben Bishop / has Braden Holtby. The Flyers have junk in goal.
Thanks for clearing that up, I really wasn't sure which number came first.

Reactions: Devonator

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
So something has been successful a handful of times so Hextall should risk it. Makes sense. Gamble with the best goalie prospect the Flyers have had in forever.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
So something has been successful a handful of times so Hextall should risk it. Makes sense. Gamble with the best goalie prospect the Flyers have had in forever.
Risk what? If he comes into camp and shows he's good enough give him the spot. If he isn't, send him down to the AHL. I have a hard time believe he can't beat out Elliott and Neuvirth. Either way you and I both know it doesn't matter how good he does in camp he will be sent down, Hextall has been patient to the point of coddling prospects in recent years. See Sanheim, Travis who was one of the Flyers four best defenseman when he played this year and for some reason was never given a real shot to stick with the big club.

Reactions: Devonator

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Risk what? If he comes into camp and shows he's good enough give him the spot. If he isn't, send him down to the AHL. I have a hard time believe he can't beat out Elliott and Neuvirth. Either way you and I both know it doesn't matter how good he does in camp he will be sent down, Hextall has been patient to the point of coddling prospects in recent years. See Sanheim, Travis who was one of the Flyers four best defenseman when he played this year and for some reason was never given a real shot to stick with the big club.

Because Elliott and Neuvirth are such awesome goalies, right....
Right...

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
I'm not risking his long term future on a handful of pre-season games. Even with a goalie this team wasn't going anywhere and you are delusional if you thought they could win a cup. They can not have a defense made up of 75% rookie or 2nd year players. They also had contracts that were blocking players. I don't understand why Sanheim was benched. It made no sense playing Manning over him. They're trying to compete and rebuild at the same time. They also might have 2 more young defensemen (Myers and Morin) playing next year. I'd rather have my rookie goalie have a good and steady defense in front of him. I don't see the advantage of rushing him when they still won't be in a position to really compete.

Reactions: CanadianSniper

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
One of harts best qualities is his mental focus which could get royally messed up if he were to come to the nhl too fast and get shelled. I don't care if he gets a shutout in all his preseason games its the ahl for him. Let him work on his technique and build confidence.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad