Future Defense Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny cool

Feb 19, 2004
i may hate the habs, but hainsey and komisarek are bound to be outstanding..

also, jordan leopold gets better all the time

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Among swedes Niklas Kronwall has the potential to be a star in the leauge IMO. He is good in both zones, and if he maybe is a little small he got superb icevision. Smart defensemen becomes the best. :bow:

Lars Jonsson could also become a real surprise next season.

Rattrick

Oct 31, 2002
Orlando, FL
www.rattrick.com
Voodoo Daddy said:
1. Pitkanen
2. Bouwmeester
3. Klesla
4. Phaneuf
5. Whitney

You're entitled to your opinion, but this is a far to common thing on hfboards. The second one player starts to put up numbers, he is the talk of the world and better than everyone else in his class. I have no doubt at all that if you put Bouwmeester in Philly, he would be right there with Pitkanen's offensive output.

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
luongofan said:
You're entitled to your opinion, but this is a far to common thing on hfboards. The second one player starts to put up numbers, he is the talk of the world and better than everyone else in his class. I have no doubt at all that if you put Bouwmeester in Philly, he would be right there with Pitkanen's offensive output.
You can say that, but I'm not sure if you were completely informed of what Pitkanen has done in Philly, you'd have the same opinion. Pitkanen is the only difference in a pp that has gone from the bottom 5 in the league to the top 5 in the league in a year. When he doesn't play well defensively, he gets benched. He has one of the best plus/minus on the team and has done everything he's been asked to do. His play has been better than Bouwmeester's and that's pretty hard to dispute. He's put up the points because he's a heck of a defenseman, not because other people do it for him and quite frankly I doubt that Jay would put up the same amount of points in Philly, but the whole thing is just opinion. I know I wouldn't deal Pitkanen for Jay any day.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Gags1288 said:
You can say that, but I'm not sure if you were completely informed of what Pitkanen has done in Philly, you'd have the same opinion. Pitkanen is the only difference in a pp that has gone from the bottom 5 in the league to the top 5 in the league in a year. When he doesn't play well defensively, he gets benched. He has one of the best plus/minus on the team and has done everything he's been asked to do. His play has been better than Bouwmeester's and that's pretty hard to dispute. He's put up the points because he's a heck of a defenseman, not because other people do it for him and quite frankly I doubt that Jay would put up the same amount of points in Philly, but the whole thing is just opinion. I know I wouldn't deal Pitkanen for Jay any day.

The old Pitkanen vs Bouwmeester saga... :shakehead

Every Flyers fan will say that Pitkanen is better and that it's not the team who makes Pitkanen better but it's Pitkanen who makes the team better and bla bla bla...

We'll never know how Pitkanen would have done on a Florida team and how Jay would have done on a Flyers team so why don't we stop it right there ?

But don't forget that when Jay wasn't sidelined for his foot-injury he was only like 3 points behind Pitkanen...

Hockeycrazed07

Jun 15, 2002
Buena Vista, VA
www.hockeycrazed.com
Havlat said:
But don't forget that when Jay wasn't sidelined for his foot-injury he was only like 3 points behind Pitkanen...
A person that wanted the argument to stop wouldn't have said this. :shakehead
Fact of the matter is that Bouwmeester gets more ice time and is benched less, but Pitkanen is on a more stacked team. When push comes to shove, I'd pick one, but the fact of the matter is that the argument is moot. Just leave it at that and walk away. No need for any of the superfluous "but don't forget" garbage. Time to take your own medicine and stop the argument right where it is.

~Crazed.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
luongofan said:
Quite a few people had Pitkanen over Bouwmeester before the season even started. Those numbers have continued to grow over the course of this season. Sure some of these people may just look at the stats, but if you actually watch them play, I have no doubt you'll find that Pitkanen's play has been better than Bouwmeester's play last year. Add in the fact that this is his first year in North America and he still has a lot of learning and adjusting to this style of play and Pitkanen is the more attractive choice.

BTW: My avatar says it all! :D

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Havlat said:
The old Pitkanen vs Bouwmeester saga... :shakehead

Every Flyers fan will say that Pitkanen is better and that it's not the team who makes Pitkanen better but it's Pitkanen who makes the team better and bla bla bla...

We'll never know how Pitkanen would have done on a Florida team and how Jay would have done on a Flyers team so why don't we stop it right there ?

:shakehead
If it's such a stupid, played out argument, then you should ignore it and not take part. Instead you do the exact opposite and argue for one side.

What a freakin' hypocrite.

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
Havlat said:

But of course we should forget that Jay is in his second season in the NHL and Pitkanen is in first.

I'm not qualifying either player, but this debate is overdone and pointless. There's no way we would know unless we can reverse the situations, and we can't. We'll just have to wait and see.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
flyers guy said:
:shakehead
If it's such a stupid, played out argument, then you should ignore it and not take part. Instead you do the exact opposite and argue for one side.

What a freakin' hypocrite.

I just added an argument because that's what all Flyers fan have done during another thread... My bad I shouldn't have done that !

I don't want to ignore it, I just want people to stop it... it's like a comparison between Lemieux and Gretzky (IF Lemieux would have been healthy, IF Lemieux would have played on a deeper team, IF...), we should just enjoy watching those two and say that they are the two defensemen who'll lead the league in the near future !

May 1, 2003
Visit site
Havlat said:
I just added an argument because that's what all Flyers fan have done during another thread... My bad I shouldn't have done that !

I don't want to ignore it, I just want people to stop it... it's like a comparison between Lemieux and Gretzky (IF Lemieux would have been healthy, IF Lemieux would have played on a deeper team, IF...), we should just enjoy watching those two and say that they are the two defensemen who'll lead the league in the near future !

Lol i know this is Absolutley off topic but i gotta ask, how come your name is Havlat and you have a picture of Joe Thornton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->