Line Combos: Future D

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
Now we will never be able to trade for a top pairing D man but Developing a strong group is very possible , with a few from the left side having the potential to be anything from number ones to number 6

anyway that I look at it , a right handed D that is a minute cruncher is needed

Im very optimistic about Nurse , Klef and Marincin

now being realistic , Petry is probably gone and we're probably going to re-sign schultz

so

Kelf Boychuck/Green/michalek( possible UFAs) Seabrook or someone we will have to pay for:Shattenkirk/Meyers
Marincin Fayne
Nurse Schultz

best case is if we trade Schultz and get a vet RHD for Nurse too , we have decent ones right now , if we can keep Petry and Sign Boychuck/Green or Michalek we should be solid for next year ( Im optimistic)

Klef Boychuck/Green/ Michalek
Maincin Petry
Nurse Fayne
Aullie

Thats a very good D IMO

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Now we will never be able to trade for a top pairing D man but Developing a strong group is very possible , with a few from the left side having the potential to be anything from number ones to number 6

anyway that I look at it , a right handed D that is a minute cruncher is needed

Im very optimistic about Nurse , Klef and Marincin

now being realistic , Petry is probably gone and we're probably going to re-sign schultz

so

Kelf Boychuck/Green/michalek( possible UFAs) Seabrook or someone we will have to pay for:Shattenkirk/Meyers
Marincin Fayne
Nurse Schultz

best case is if we trade Schultz and get a vet RHD for Nurse too , we have decent ones right now , if we can keep Petry and Sign Boychuck/Green or Michalek we should be solid for next year ( Im optimistic)

Klef Boychuck/Green/ Michalek
Maincin Petry
Nurse Fayne
Aullie

Thats a very good D IMO

Wouldnt go as far as to say very good D. That's above average if the majority are playing good.

My future D core, which I like (rose colored glasses maybe), in 2 or 3 years

Nurse-Klefbom
Marincin-Fayne
xxxx-Petry/Schultz

I am really high on Nurse and think he will step up in a big way next season. Its a stretch slotting Klefbom in as a TPD, but Nurse IMO will be a outright #1 able to carry a pairing

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
Wouldnt go as far as to say very good D. That's above average if the majority are playing good.

My future D core, which I like (rose colored glasses maybe), in 2 or 3 years

Nurse-Klefbom
Marincin-Fayne
xxxx-Petry/Schultz

I am really high on Nurse and think he will step up in a big way next season. Its a stretch slotting Klefbom in as a TPD, but Nurse IMO will be a outright #1 able to carry a pairing

I have no issue with that , playing a young D on the wrong side may be asking too much
we might be able to snatch a vet RHD

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
I proposed we trade Hall and Eberle for OEL and Hanzal, then LD for Jones, but only if we can draft McEichel.

OEL-Klefbom
Nurse-Jones
Marincin-Fayne
Ference

That's probably one of, if not the best D core in the NHL in a couple years, plus we would still have a decent forward core in RNH, McEichel, Perron, Yak, Pouliot, and Hanzal. I mean, you're basically set up the middle with RNH-McEichel-Hanzal-Gordon for quite a while, then you can fill in the rest of the holes accordingly. I think our forwards would be a lot better with an incredible D core, since ya know, somebody would actually be able to get them the puck.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
If there's any truth to the continual rumors that the Hawks may consider moving Seabrook I hope MacT/whoever is GM at that point is all over that. He is exactly what this D core needs.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
That's a bit overkill on d. I think landing one of OEL or jones will vastly improve the d, while optimistically hoping Marincin comes into his own. I rather them divert part of their assets on a #1 goalie.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I would do my best to resign Petry if he does resign I move out Schultz if not we are stuck with Schultz.
Boychuk available I go all in on him. We are still stuck with Ference and Nikitin though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad