Funny Malkin quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
From "Sport Express" :

When the journalists approached Malkin, surprisingly he's the one who asked the first question : "Does anybody know whether I'm going to the WJC or not?" And as nobody was able to give him a clear answer, he added : "What a pity. If you gave me the answer, I would have granted you an interview, but I won't. Every time that I declare to the press that I want to play for the junior team, Gennady Velichkin (Metallurg's GM) fines me."

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

In Russian

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
:biglaugh:

Malkin = the next Ovechkin. Interview-wise at least.

What are these Russian kids watching to get such wacky senses of humour?

rigger

Aug 18, 2004
Jessica Alba's Dream
I love this new generation of russian players, they are hilarious. And they are skilled, typically when you get a good russian on your team it is for scoring alone, now they are talkative, they show leadership on and off the ice. They are getting better and better, us canadians have got to step it up again. At least in the interview category. Schremp for the states is a good interview, Malkin seems to be pretty witty. It's good to see it's not all - "we gave er a hundred n 10 percent, the boys played well in front of me, we were firing in all cylinders" it's good to see these guys.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
These young Russian interviews are great but i dont know if anyone will ever compare to the master of the post game interview, Alexander Mogilny.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
vanwychen27 said:
These young Russian interviews are great but i dont know if anyone will ever compare to the master of the post game interview, Alexander Mogilny.
He had the famous sometimes I wear a visor sometimes I don't. Sometimes I wear underwear sometimes I don't, right?

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
That was a pretty funny quote, what I particularly like about this Russian nouvelle-vague is the understatedness of their humour.

gbl1p

Jun 19, 2003
Ottawa
www.level1productions.com
Leachmeister2000 said:
That was a pretty funny quote, what I particularly like about this Russian nouvelle-vague is the understatedness of their humour.

No doubt! Ovechkin has dropped some hilarious lines already, I can't wait to see him blossom into the leader he is destined to be and find that ultra-comfort level with the media like Mogilny. You gotta love the wit in these kids.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
DaveyCrockett said:
Mogilny is priceless. If anyone has a link to a bunch of Mogilny quotes, please share.

That would be awesome.

One time he said something like, "Why would anyone want an award named Lady?" when referring to the Lady Bing trophy.

Namso

Aug 25, 2005
Reporter: "Alex, what do say to all the fans parading up and down Yonge Street after your Game 7 win?'"
Almo: "Get a life."

XD

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
On the face shield:
"I can wear it one day, then not wear it the next day. It's like a pair of glasses, some days I wear it, some days I don't. I'm not wearing any underwear either. There is no reason."

Alex Mogilny suspects the fat man's (Santa) movements were rigidly controlled by authorities in the old Soviet Union.
"You put presents under the tree and hopefully, by the time you (sober) up the next evening, something is still there," Mogilny said.

lol :biglaugh:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Malkin's interviews remind me of Mogilny.

Very tongue-in-cheek and often taken out of context. But good for sound bites.

tml_4ever

It's Chaotic
May 24, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Tie domi mocking Glen Healy's sweater
"It must have taken two sheep to get wool for that thing!"

"Bob Kelly was so dumb, they shoulda written his name on the Stanley Cup in crayon."
Broadcaster Gene Hart on the former Flyer

"He had better get married soon, because he's getting uglier every day!" Mark Recchi on teammate Stewart Malgunas, regularly bruised and cut in hockey fights

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Habsaku

Apr 28, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
rigger said:
I love this new generation of russian players, they are hilarious. And they are skilled, typically when you get a good russian on your team it is for scoring alone, now they are talkative, they show leadership on and off the ice. They are getting better and better, us canadians have got to step it up again. At least in the interview category. Schremp for the states is a good interview, Malkin seems to be pretty witty. It's good to see it's not all - "we gave er a hundred n 10 percent, the boys played well in front of me, we were firing in all cylinders" it's good to see these guys.
I hope to god no one in Canada starts talking like Schremp. Awfull interviews, we already had to live with Roenick for the past decade. I'll take Ovechkin and Mogilny over them any time.

Berkut

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Habsaku said:
I hope to god no one in Canada starts talking like Schremp. Awfull interviews, we already had to live with Roenick for the past decade. I'll take Ovechkin and Mogilny over them any time.
What's wrong with Schremp? Never heard any of his interviews...

Sherlock

Aug 2, 2005
Minne-snow-ta
MrKnowNothing said:

I personally loved this one:

Regarding Santa Claus, who was nothing more than a mysterious legend to kids who grew up in the old communist system:
"Does he live in the north? I don't know where the hell he lives, really. They never told us. Maybe he's in one of those government project buildings. But he comes from somewhere."

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Garth Snow on JR
"When I made the comment about him going to university," Snow said with the trace of an evil grin, "it was more about how you conduct yourself when you live in a dorm. And he's got a bad track record from being in Japan."

JR on Gart Snow Rd. 1
"If he was good enough to have been there in person," Roenick told Fish, "he would have found out I wasn't involved. He would have seen I was in bed sleeping."
JR on Garth Snow Rd. 2
"If going to college gets you a career as a backup goalie and mine gets you a thousand points and a thousand games," Roenick told Wayne Fish of the Bucks Country Courier Times, "then it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know which was the better path."

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Habsaku said:

JR is better than 99.9% of the interviews. Sorry he's American and not Canadian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad