Funny Jaromir Jagr Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogopogo*

Back when Jagr was a rookie, I recall two funny stories about the guy.

The first was when a female fan sent Jagr 1000 Kit Kat bars. Jagr was the sexy, young hockey star and I think the fan worked for Kit Kat or something like that. When Jagr received the 1000 bars a reporter asked him what he was going to do with them.

Jagr replied - in choppy English still being a rookie from Czech - "I eat them all. Ha Ha Ha" It was freaking hilarious.

Even better - Jagr's first playoff OT goal.

It was the first round of the playoffs and I think the Pens were playing the Devils. Jagr was a rookie from the Czech Republic so, he wasn't totally familiar with North American customs.

The game goes to OT and Jagr scores the winner in front of the home crowd in Pittsburgh. He then takes off his glove and fingers the crowd as he skates towards the bench in celebration. It was the HOME crowd he was fingering. I still remember the TSN guys laughing their asses off and editing that part out of the highlights.

I have never heard the official reason for him fingering the home crowd but, to this day, I am convinced it was a prank pulled on the rookie by the vets on the team. "Oh yeah, buddy. You stick up your middle finger when you score in OT. It is a sign of respect to the fans". LOL

illogic

Apr 12, 2005
Ogopogo said:
The first was when a female fan sent Jagr 1000 Kit Kat bars. Jagr was the sexy, young hockey star and I think the fan worked for Kit Kat or something like that. When Jagr received the 1000 bars a reporter asked him what he was going to do with them.

Jagr replied - in choppy English still being a rookie from Czech - "I eat them all. Ha Ha Ha" It was freaking hilarious.
I seem to recall that in his first year here, Jagr did an interview where he said his favourite chocolate bar was Kit Kat. That's probably why the fan sent him so many.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Ogopogo said:

It was the first round of the playoffs and I think the Pens were playing the Devils. Jagr was a rookie from the Czech Republic so, he wasn't totally familiar with North American customs.

The game goes to OT and Jagr scores the winner in front of the home crowd in Pittsburgh. He then takes off his glove and fingers the crowd as he skates towards the bench in celebration. It was the HOME crowd he was fingering. I still remember the TSN guys laughing their asses off and editing that part out of the highlights.

I have never heard the official reason for him fingering the home crowd but, to this day, I am convinced it was a prank pulled on the rookie by the vets on the team. "Oh yeah, buddy. You stick up your middle finger when you score in OT. It is a sign of respect to the fans".
LOL
I'm not sure what TSN was doing but Jagr didn't do anything out of line. All he did was make a we're #1 gesture with his forefinger.

Ogopogo*

#66 said:
I'm not sure what TSN was doing but Jagr didn't do anything out of line. All he did was make a we're #1 gesture with his forefinger.

That is not true. I watched it happen live. He fingered the crowd - probably because he didn't understand the gesture.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Ogopogo said:
That is not true. I watched it happen live. He fingered the crowd - probably because he didn't understand the gesture.
Well TSN must have cornered the early market in CG because thats not what happened at the Igloo.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Umm ya he didn't do that. He just does like a fist in the air or something. I've watched that a million times on the highlight tape (the last few years have been hard on me as a Pens fan....) and I can watch it any time to confirm it

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Human Megaphone said:
You guys are making this thread less funny with your "truth".
TSN could have caught something that US television didn't and it is hard to focus at a game when an OT winner is scored. I don't remember it happening but who knows?

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Ogopogo said:

I have never heard the official reason for him fingering the home crowd but, to this day, I am convinced it was a prank pulled on the rookie by the vets on the team. "Oh yeah, buddy. You stick up your middle finger when you score in OT. It is a sign of respect to the fans". LOL

Yeah, good plan. Strangers always have the best candy.

You left out the funniest thing Jagr did, cross dressing, makeup and all for charity. Facially, he halfway pulled it off, looked better than most drag queens(Maybe because they didn't overdo the makeup)

Middle finger thing reminds me of how Canucks taught Bure the rookie that a common greeting in Canada was "I need you, I want you, I love you"

And then there was the young Russian Red Wings getting searched
for half an hour at an airport circa 1995 after the airport detector went off, and one of them didn't know better than to ask "Bomb?"

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
"When I look at Barnaby in the shower, I feel sorry for his wife."

"I think I'm old enough to have short hair. No more of that girl stuff."

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
clefty said:
"When I look at Barnaby in the shower, I feel sorry for his wife."

"I think I'm old enough to have short hair. No more of that girl stuff."
Don't forget " VBK has faster legs than Peter Nedveds girlfriend." and his racing in and out of the Igloo parking lot leaving fans scattering for cover.

Ogopogo*

#66 said:
Well TSN must have cornered the early market in CG because thats not what happened at the Igloo.

You picked the wrong time to go take a p i s s.

Transported Upstater

#66 said:
Don't forget " VBK has faster legs than Peter Nedveds girlfriend." and his racing in and out of the Igloo parking lot leaving fans scattering for cover.

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad