FUN!!!

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I miss NHL Hitz
I miss sports games in general that aren't just money hungry micro-transaction infested simulations.

If you like arcade sports, there's no good hockey ones for a while now, but Mutant Football League and Super Mega Baseball 2 are excellent if you're interested in Baseball or Football.

Reactions: Slack

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I miss sports games in general that aren't just money hungry micro-transaction infested simulations.

If you like arcade sports, there's no good hockey ones for a while now, but Mutant Football League and Super Mega Baseball 2 are excellent if you're interested in Baseball or Football.

I've heard good things about Mutant Football League but never tried it. I definitely miss arcade style sports games in general. But hockey is the big itch I'd like to scratch these days.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Check out Fire Pro wrestling

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I've heard good things about Mutant Football League but never tried it. I definitely miss arcade style sports games in general. But hockey is the big itch I'd like to scratch these days.
Ya I hear you on the hockey. Unfortunately nobody has really stepped up. NHL Threes is ok, but not quite what I'm looking for and I can never find matches online for that mode.
Check out Fire Pro wrestling
Quality suggestion FQL. I played it at a friends a few times and it's an excellent throw back. Its in my PS wishlist, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Ya I hear you on the hockey. Unfortunately nobody has really stepped up. NHL Threes is ok, but not quite what I'm looking for and I can never find matches online for that mode.
NHL Three on Three Arcade on the 360 was probably the closest anyone has come since Hitz 20-03. It's a shame it was so short-lived and under-marketed.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

+1 for Mutant Football League. My buddy made me play and I thought it was going to be the stupidest thing in the world. Actually turned out to be a great little time waster.

Super Baseball 2 is great too, I just had regular sized expectations for that one as opposed to MFL :laugh:

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
+1 for Mutant Football League. My buddy made me play and I thought it was going to be the stupidest thing in the world. Actually turned out to be a great little time waster.

Super Baseball 2 is great too, I just had regular sized expectations for that one as opposed to MFL :laugh:

Is it Super Mega Baseball 2?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
NHL Three on Three Arcade on the 360 was probably the closest anyone has come since Hitz 20-03. It's a shame it was so short-lived and under-marketed.
Agreed 100%. I had that one for PS3 and it was a blast. The new Threes just isn't the same.

MFL is exactly what I wanted from a football game, just can't keep going on Madden anymore.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Agreed 100%. I had that one for PS3 and it was a blast. The new Threes just isn't the same.

MFL is exactly what I wanted from a football game, just can't keep going on Madden anymore.

I didn't realize they essentially remade the old 90's mutant league football, that was one of my favourite games for the Genesis back in the day.

Now all they gotta do is make a sequel for Base wars... best baseball game ever.

Reactions: Slack

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I didn't realize they essentially remade the old 90's mutant league football, that was one of my favourite games for the Genesis back in the day.

Now all they gotta do is make a sequel for Base wars... best baseball game ever.
Yes, this one was kick started a few years back and I'd been following along. They really did a nice job on it.

Excellent mention on Base Wars. It was like Bad News Baseball on steroids. You make me want to ditch work and go fire up my Pi and play some Base Wars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->