Proposal: From Calgary

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Seems like fans here like Brodie a lot. 28 for next season though, not too old, but I don’t know that we would want to resign him in 3 years. He’ll want his version of a Seabrook deal. He’s good, but I don’t want to commit big money long term to anyone in that age range unless it is a clear cut No. 1 like DD or Karlsson. People are even saying DD and EK are slipping. We should stay young. And that package is pretty strong too.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Seems like fans here like Brodie a lot. 28 for next season though, not too old, but I don’t know that we would want to resign him in 3 years. He’ll want his version of a Seabrook deal. He’s good, but I don’t want to commit big money long term to anyone in that age range unless it is a clear cut No. 1 like DD or Karlsson. People even saying DD and EK are slipping. We should stay young. And that package is pretty strong too.

Brodie isn't a 1D, but I'll tell you this. WOWY and eye speaking Brodie waas better than Giordano from 2013-2014 to 2015-2016. He fell off a cliff then, and while I feel not playing with Giordano had an effect. He had to deal with his wife getting MS, switching from RD to LD (He is better as a RD because his backhand is better than his forehand, and I've never seen someone reverse from a LHS to RHS so efficiently like he does). But I feel the main reason is because of Gulutzan's system that does not allow him to use his speed and passing abilities properly. He played well with Engelland and Wideman in Hartley's system as a LD, and he played extremely well with Russell so it's not entirely Giordano's effect unlike Dougie Hamilton who hasn't looked good without Giordano (And heck even looked bad with Gio during the Hartley era). Plus Giordano was never as dominant without Brodie prior to 2013-2014. Sure he scored a ton of points some years, but his defense was far more suspect.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
Brodie isn't a 1D, but I'll tell you this. WOWY and eye speaking Brodie waas better than Giordano from 2013-2014 to 2015-2016. He fell off a cliff then, and while I feel not playing with Giordano had an effect. He had to deal with his wife getting MS, switching from RD to LD (He is better as a RD because his backhand is better than his forehand, and I've never seen someone reverse from a LHS to RHS so efficiently like he does). But I feel the main reason is because of Gulutzan's system that does not allow him to use his speed and passing abilities properly. He played well with Engelland and Wideman in Hartley's system as a LD, and he played extremely well with Russell so it's not entirely Giordano's effect unlike Dougie Hamilton who hasn't looked good without Giordano (And heck even looked bad with Gio during the Hartley era). Plus Giordano was never as dominant without Brodie prior to 2013-2014. Sure he scored a ton of points some years, but his defense was far more suspect.
Here we have a problem. Q's system doesn't let Dmen use these attributes either.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
except for leddy keith oduya campbell forsling hjalmarsson younger seabrook

Q has/had a strong distaste for D skating the puck (he has a preference for the stretch pass) so he 100% has held back Leddy, Forsling, and Campbell. Keith/Hammer thrived in the system during the Hawks run. Seabrook (during his better days) would fit any system.

Reactions: Bubba88

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
And you also give us Debrincat, while taking Brouwer's contract? Hmm I need to think about that for a moment.
Seabrook has basically become the Voldemort of the NHL.

"Expecto Patronum!"

8470607.jpg

Nope. I'm still sad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad