Frolov Vs Spezza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frolov

Nov 24, 2003
adevandry said:
Is Spezza on the #1 penalty kill unit? Just checking, because Frolov is. His defense has improved so much that Murray depends on him on the top PK.

Frolov is better.

And Lapperrier is on the PK too so would you take him over Hossa?

Spezza is the better playmaker..more flashy..more cocky..more hyped.

Frolov is more physical...no doubt better defensively..better scoring touch...stronger on the puck..better work ethic as well.

V for Voodoo

Nov 7, 2002
Boom Shaka-Laka.
Visit site
Frolov said:
stronger on the puck..
I find this very surprising.

Frolov said:
better work ethic as well.
BS. Why? Let's see you back this up.
Spezza worked his butt off during the summer, training with Gary Roberts (widely regarded as one of the most fit NHLers) and came to training camp in 10x better shape than the year before. How does Frolov have better work ethic, based on what?

Frolov

Nov 24, 2003
Voodoo Daddy said:
I find this very surprising.

BS. Why? Let's see you back this up.
Spezza worked his butt off during the summer, training with Gary Roberts (widely regarded as one of the most fit NHLers) and came to training camp in 10x better shape than the year before. How does Frolov have better work ethic, based on what?

Just watch Frolov play. He controls the puck along the boards much like Jason Allison, virtualy imposible to knock him down. Spezza is pretty strong on the puck as well but from what I've seen Frolov is still stronger.

I'm not talking about off ice workouts. I'm talking about what I see on the ice. Frolov is a north-south player. You'll see him make a nice defensive play behind his own net then a couple of seconds later Frolov is on the attacking zone behind the net. He never stops workign on the ice. He never coasts around or floats.

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
south-sentral said:
What makes you think that Spezza has a bad attitude?? Sure he sulked a little when he was demoted to the AHL, but so would any other normal 19 year old itching to play in the NHL. Spezza did not complain at all when he was sat during most of the playofs, he finally gets his chance and BAM his energy turns the whole series around.
I did not say Spezza had a bad attitude. Please re-read my post. I said he has something to prove in this area. I think it's fair given his trade demands and reputation as someone who was very eager to get media attention in juniors.

And it's stupid to compare Spezza to Daigle
Do not put words in my mouth. I did NOT compare Spezza to Daige. I don't know if you have a reading comprehension problem, or just get extremely defensive. I said that Spezza was a more naturally gifted athlete, but that alone doesn't guarantee he'll be more successful in a long run. Daige was given as an example of the most naturally gifted player in the draft who failed to become a star in the NHL.

Spezza has one thing that Daigle is serverly lacking....HEART!
And how do you know that Spezza has HEART? What has he done in the NHL to show his HEART? Not saying that he doesn't have it. Just back up your words with something more than an empty statement.

south-sentral

Aug 17, 2003
Dirtyy South
Frolov said:
And Lapperrier is on the PK too so would you take him over Hossa?.

Actually Hossa plays on the PK too but i see your point.

And how do you know that Spezza has HEART? What has he done in the NHL to show his HEART? Not saying that he doesn't have it. Just back up your words with something more than an empty statement.?.

For one thing diagle did not succeed because he was more interested in photo shoots than shooting the puck..Jason has shown that he loves the game and is dedicated. That coupled with his great talent would get him FAR in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->